main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Col, TN ANOVOS is setting the bar for Star Wars cosplay

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by Jeff_The_Dude, May 10, 2014.

1. Jeff_The_Dude

Jeff_The_Dude Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 28, 2012
    ANOVOS has acquired the license to produce the high-end Star Wars costumes and props.
    These costumes will be 99.999% screen accurate.
    Don't let the legions of nit-pickers or costume-Nazis tell you different.
    Armor and helmets will be cast FROM THE ORIGINAL MOLDS!

First off the line will be the Luke Skywalker Bespin fatigues from The Empire Strikes Back.
    Get 25% off when you pre-order!
    http://www.anovos.com/products/star-wars-luke-skywalker-bespin-fatigues

Check them out for other sci-fi related costumes and props here:
    http://www.anovos.com/

2. loki41872

loki41872 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 13, 2002
    I am anxiously awaiting preorder to open on the Stormtrooper. Me and schmoo are already looking at stuff to sell to raise quick cash. My old FX suit is 13 years old. It's time to retire it. Been looking for a quality replacement, but none of the current offerings have been to my liking. Either plastic is too weak, or the suit assembly is not something i want to mess with. Used to be able to put together stormtrooper armor in an afternoon, now it takes a workshop and a couple of weeks.

3. MxPxRobbie

MxPxRobbie Columbia, TN FanForce Chapter Rep star 1

Feb 2, 2004
    Dave and I built my Stormtrooper from a kit in two days. could have been done faster but I insisted on using E6000 on the legs as well as doing screen-accurate cover strips. You can build probably three kits for what one ANOVOS will cost.

4. loki41872

Dec 13, 2002
    I hate AM armor though.

5. Double_D

Double_D Jedi Youngling

Apr 14, 2014
    These costumes look amazing... I just wonder if it's worth such a large investment... I enjoy putting things together, so I liked building my kit... hopefully I can build a regular TK soon...

6. Jeff_The_Dude

Feb 28, 2012
    I think that it would be just that. An investment. In the ultimate costume as well as a collectible.
    I'd gladly pay the extra to be able to have an EXACT replica of what was on screen and be able to put it on right out of the box.
    I have absolutely no shame in that.

...and then the general public wouldn't constantly chastise me about my junk FX stormtrooper armor and my amalgam Darth Vader costume.
    because they know. ....oh they know.

7. Double_D

Double_D Jedi Youngling

Apr 14, 2014
    The criticism is rampant.. lol

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

8. loki41872

Dec 13, 2002
    I need new armor just because mine is 12 years old and has been to more events than i can even start to remember. The cracks and wear are adding up. Soon it will be unwearable. And at this point i would pay the premium to have a movie accurate set and not have to build it myself. I enjoy wearing the costume and getting the love, not the building so much anymore. Plus I'm pretty sure there wont be any other option available once Anovos starts selling armor. They have the license and all of Disney legal behind them. You really think they are going to allow people to sell a competing product cheaper when all they have to do is point and turn loose the Disney hounds? The armor makers better make plans to liquidate their stock and cease production soon... I'm just sayin'.

9. Jeff_The_Dude

Feb 28, 2012
    A good boot that would go along with that new ANOVOS stormtrooper armor:

https://www.caboots.com/cart/search/?search_string=trooper&search=Search

I'm sure the elitist Star Wars costume clubs will ban or figure a way to just not approve Caboots at some point.
    With them, "dance with the one that brought you" no longer applies.
    But I'm yet to find any boot that is as accurate, wears as comfortable, or lasts as long as they do for the money.

10. DEARMEAT

DEARMEAT Jedi Padawan star 1

Jun 9, 2013
    That's the one I use.