main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Answer to Writing Challenge: Ani/Ami: The First Kiss

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by anakin_skywalker_sct, Aug 24, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. anakin_skywalker_sct

anakin_skywalker_sct Jedi Master star 5

Apr 18, 2001
    I met every requirement of the writing challenge on the TFN Fan Fic Archive, as long as falling counts as danger to a main character. :D Anyway, if anyone would like to be my beta readers so I can get this published, please pm me. Thank you, hope you enjoy it, tell me what you think. :)

Star Wars

Episode 1.9

The First Kiss.

Turmoil has engulfed the galaxy. The Galactic Senate is again in disarray, with greedy delegates squabbling over trivial matters as usual. Unfortunately for the galaxy, they are also now squabbling over several large matters, which could turn out to be highly destructive. A large Confederation of systems, spanning several sectors, have begun massing together weapons and offensive technology, including highly controversial cloning equipment. They claim to merely be preparing for defence in case of unforeseen circumstances, but many other groups in the galaxy have been terrified into boosting their own armaments, creating a circular arms-race.
    A young, human female senator was quite concerned at the alarming rise in weapon purchases and production throughout the galaxy, and had been petitioning her fellow delegations to cease and find a peaceful method of ensuring peace. She sat, alone, in the waiting-room at the front of the office of the final, and most powerful, ally she could turn to for help. Unfortunately, she had no idea how powerful the Chancellor truly was.
    Muffled voices bade goodbye to each other, the wooden door opened, and a tall human male, decked in the light tan robes and cropped hair of a Jedi Padawan. He smiled and nodded to another man in the office, turned away, saw Padme's gleaming face in the corner of his eye, and tripped right over her astromech droid.
    "Damn," he muttered, almost sensing a dark cackle from the office. He pushed himself onto his elbows, and his short braid promptly drooped over his eyes. It was slid away by a slender hand.
    "Are you alright?" Padme asked, her voice a mix of amusement and concern. In that order.
    "I'm fine," Anakin answered, after a long hesitation. Seeing her kneeling beside him had temporarly dumbfounded him.
    "I'm really sorry about this. Little Artoo is always getting in peoples' way."
    "That's alright, it's nothing, really."
    They lapsed into silence, lost in thought, and each others' eyes.
    "Um... Miss Naberrie..?" he began, drawing on all his hard-taught manners.
    "Yes?" she enquired merrily, perfectly used to strangers knowing her name. Not that this boy seemed to be a stranger. There was something familiar about him.
    "I... uh..." he stammered, awkwardly, and was cut-off mid-stutter by the hissing of the entrance door, and the clanking of a grubby, rusted metal-man as he shuffled in.
    "Master Anakin!" the droid cried from it's immobile mouth. "Master Kenobi is looking for you!"
    Anakin gritted his teeth, and mumbled to the droid, without bothering to turn around to face him. "I'm busy, Threepio, tell my master I'll be back shortly."
    "But sir! He said it is quite ur... oh my! Mistress Padme! How wonderful to see you again. And... is that Artoo-Deetoo? We really must catch up! It's been almost a decade since we last spoke!"
    The squat, blue droid beeped in greeting, rolled past the protocol droid and the prone couple, tactfully drawing Threepio into a binary-based conversation outside the waiting room. Padme grinned as a little light flashed on and off in the droid's dome, and gazed back at the padawan.
    "Wow. You've grown so much, Ani."
    "So've you, your senatorialship."
    "Oh, I'm the same short height I've always been," she said, laughing.
    "I didn't exactly mean in height," Anakin muttered, sheepishly. Padme frowned at him, unsure if the comment was an insult or a slightly lewd comment.
    "And just what is that supposed to mean?" she demanded, haughtily.
    "I'm sorry, I-I couldn't help it..." Anakin began to stammer again, his face flushed.
    "You men are all the same!" Padme cried, with mock frustration. "You give in to those primal urges so easily."
    "Well actually, I was only trying to see if y

2. Lizzie_Kenobi

Lizzie_Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 24, 2001
  3. Amidala_Skywalker

Amidala_Skywalker Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 4, 2001
    Sweet.....I liked it! :)

Am

4. Anakin's Angel

Anakin's Angel Jedi Padawan star 4

May 3, 2000

Sweet :) A suggestion, there is a list of beta readers right on the archive :) Or, there are a few people over at the writers reasource that might be able to help you out :D

aa :)

5. ThatJediGirl

ThatJediGirl Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 11, 2001
    Awwwwww [face_love] [face_love] Loved it! are you going to write more?

6. anakin_skywalker_sct

Apr 18, 2001
    UP!

Thanks for the comments, glad you like it. :D I might write more based on this, sometime in the future, but the challenge itself stated the story was to be less than 1000 words, so there's not much more I can add. Sorry.

7. anakin_skywalker_sct

Apr 18, 2001
    UP. What'd everyone else think? :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.