main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Ant-Man (and the Wasp) (Quantumania): Kicking Your Ass, One Inch at a Time

Discussion in 'Community' started by The2ndQuest , Aug 18, 2014.

1. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    Here's a screenshot of the shadowy figure in the quantum realm that director Peyton Reed has confirmed to exist.

[​IMG]

Many speculate it's the original Wasp.

[​IMG]

Others think it could be the character called Eternity.

[​IMG]

2. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Hmm, not to mention the "X" behind it...

3. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
  4. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    ANT-MAN: Watch The Full Ant-Man vs. Falcon Fight Scene In HD

5. Hogarth Wrightson

Hogarth Wrightson Jedi Knight star 4

Jul 2, 2015
    Arguably the best scene in the movie. [face_laugh]

6. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    Arguably?

7. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    Well, I think there are alot of great and wonderful scenes in Ant-Man, like anytime Michael Pena's character tells a story. I feel that was something that with Edgar Wright's fingerprints all over it.

I heard the Ant-Man scene in the Cap: Civil War footage revealed at D-23 was the best part.

8. Juke Skywalker

Juke Skywalker Force Ghost star 5

Mar 27, 2004
    Now that it's been out a month +, has there been any official word or credible speculation on a sequel? Though obviously bolstered a bit by higher ticket prices, it's now almost matched the worldwide gross of Captain America: First Avenger (and each had a similar budget, so similar return on investment).

In the Case of First Avenger and Thor, each sequel did substantially better, likely bolstered by the massive success and goodwill of Avengers in between. Ant-Man could similarly see its profile boosted in Civil War, making a sequel a reasonable bet to out-gross the first one (assuming Civil War is as good as we hope and genre burnout doesn't set in).

I think Ant-Man has proven himself worthy of his own saga, and not just as a bit player in other MCU movies. And I want a Hank Pym era prequel period piece, too, darn it!

9. Only-One Cannoli

Only-One Cannoli Ex-Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 20, 2003
    I would love a prequel with Pym. There hasn't been word on a sequel, I'm pretty sure they're just combining him and Wasp in with the other movies. I have a feeling most of the movies are just going to mush together with a general theme of one character...like how Civil War is being done.

What we need though is giant man in the movies.

dp4m likes this.
  10. Juke Skywalker

Juke Skywalker Force Ghost star 5

Mar 27, 2004
    Yeah, that does seem to be the direction they're going, which is understandable (I mean, how many of these solo franchises can they have ongoing at one time?), but disappointing.

I think the Ant-Man character has a chance to shine as part of an ensemble; particularly as the stories presumably get darker. Being a funny character, he'll stand out. Plus, his unique abilities will force directors to employ him unique and interesting ways amongst all of the large scale destruction.

11. Jabbadabbado

Jabbadabbado Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 19, 1999
    I'm actually looking forward to seeing Ant Man and Jurassic World when they come out on video.

12. CT1138

CT1138 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 4, 2013
    Inb4 "Dad? What's a "video tape"? :p

Juliet316 likes this.
  13. Jabbadabbado

Jabbadabbado Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 19, 1999
    Is there a word kids use these days as a general catch all for any format not in the theater? I'm behind the times I admit

14. Random Comments

Random Comments Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 25, 2012
    Digital. What other format is there? :p

Video is totally acceptable, it's just that older people like to make jokes about younger people supposedly not knowing about the technologies behind certain words. Apparently we aren't supposed to know what blackboards or dial phones are, either.

15. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
  16. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    That was painful. I remember when those used to be good.

Rogue1-and-a-half and True Sith like this.
  17. Hogarth Wrightson

Hogarth Wrightson Jedi Knight star 4

Jul 2, 2015
    I found it damn funny and spot-on. Pym's entire convoluted plan, while entertaining, was absurdly complicated and could have been resolved in a more direct and streamlined way. The tank keychain might have been used in the way the animation suggests, early-on in the film, and its lack of weight appears to contradict the film's rules about shrinking and retaining mass (or volume, I'm not a physicist). Plus it was damn funny.

18. GenAntilles

GenAntilles Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 24, 2007

the weight thing is played with loosely the whole film. logically if he had the same weight he couldn't run on someone's gun and them keep it level. He couldn't stand in ant colony's without sinking into the ground. yellow jacket couldn't be swatted into a bug zapper, etc...

as for the HISHE, I thought it was pretty funny.

19. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Yeah- and Thomas clearly gains mass when he is enlarged and crashes outside too.

However, the "streamline your plan" stuff here was a good observation. Pretty funny video (and if you don't think they're good anymore, check out the Ultron ones).

20. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Erm, HISHE videos aside y'all know this movie has officially just got a sequel: "ANT-MAN & THE WASP" in 2018! (Right in between Avengers Infinity War movies so I'm gonna assume this will spin off directly from IW prt 1 or be tied in closely to it.) anyway, these characters will probably be Avengers at some point so maybe the sequel is how they got their "A" cards?

21. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    I think Civil War might provide an opportunity as well- but that's assuming Pym's involvement doesn't prevent them from joining.

22. GenAntilles

GenAntilles Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 24, 2007

Well both Ant-Man and Hope were supposed to be in Civil War. Ant-Man is on Caps team so Hope would probably go to Tony's team. But Evangeline Lilly became pregnant so she wasn't able to do the movie, which is why Caps team has more people than Iron Man's does.

So I imagine Cap will make Ant-Man an Avenger by the end of the movie when everyone teams up against Zemo, and he'll probably get an offscreen membership card for Hope.

23. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
  24. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Digging through the BD now and I'm a little disappointed with the deleted/extended-alternate scenes selection, as the commentary mentions several other ones (including an alternate opening with a mission in Panama that has a couple shots repurposed in an extended version of another scene, as well as a "wish fulfillment" montage that we only get one scene from here...). I get the feeling they're holding them back for the Phase Two set bonus disc...

The best of the ones included here are an extended version of Cross's demo tour early on which shows some of the other positive benefits the Pym particle could be used for- and, as they point out in the commentary, we get a relatively clear shot of the neck tattoo on one if the guys on the tour (the same guy who is introduced as the main Hydra rep later in the film: a Ten Rings logo.

There's a brief extension to the opening scene with Hank locking his suit away (though they didn't complete the de-aging effects) as well as a scene of Scott casing Pym's house while posing as a cable repairman- which would have been old Hank's first scene. He pretends to be older and harder of hearing while sizing up Scott- as well as subtly antagonize Scott about his money and Scott's supposed job so as to position himself as someone Scott wouldn't feel bad about stealing from.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  25. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000