main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Antarian Rangers - NJO

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Eyrezer, Jul 11, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Eyrezer

Eyrezer Jedi Master star 3

Aug 4, 2002
    At the Wizards website here I found this:
    With Luke Skywalker's Jedi Order rising after the defeat of the Empire, a small group of Antarian Rangers from the old days has tried to revitalize the organization with limited success. Primarily assisting with Luke Skywalker's "Great River" and helping combat the Yuuzhan Vong invasion, this new group of Rangers numbers at no more than 50 or 60 beings.

It got me to thinking who these new Rangers might be. It seems likely to me that Uldir and the crew of the No Luck Required , - Leaft, Vook, and Vega - could be Rangers. Can you think of any one else that might be rangers?

2. Iron_Fist

Iron_Fist Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 30, 2003
    Tyria Sarkin was an Antarian Ranger, so she and possibly her son, Doran, may be Rangers. They haven't been mentioned much in the NJO so far, just a passing reference in EL, but that mention revealed that Tyria did become a Jedi. Maybe she helped reestablish the Order or Rangers...

3. Eyrezer

Aug 4, 2002
    True, that would make a lot of sense. It did say they were reformed by old Rangers so if she was it then makes perfect sense.

4. Knight1192

Knight1192 Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 5, 2000
    Ok, that was wierd. I just tried to get into this thread and got a message saying it could not be found or else had been removed by an admin. Yet when I tired a second time, look where I got.

They haven't been mentioned in the NJO so far, but Tyria did become a Jedi.

But Tyria was mentioned, she just never appeared in the NJO. We wouldn't know she'd become a Jedi if she'd never been mentioned in one of the Enemy Lines books.

5. Iron_Fist

Iron_Fist Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 30, 2003
    Oops. I'll edit that [face_blush]

Knight: The boards are starting to glitch up. Check out Gandy's excuses in Comms for why the boards are starting to act up.

6. Eyrezer

Aug 4, 2002
    uppity

7. Trell

Trell Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 11, 2002
    What are the Ranger's again? To be frank, I completelly forgot. All I remember at all is a weird alien talking to Luke by a bridge... That's as close as my memory coems to the issue.

8. jedi_master_ikrit

jedi_master_ikrit Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 2, 2002
  9. seeker_two

seeker_two Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 3, 2003
    Would the Trianni Rangers help them?

10. Knight1192

Knight1192 Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 5, 2000
    Thank's Iron_Fist, was wondering if some of my problems were on my end.

11. Moridin

Moridin RPG Author star 3 VIP

Apr 13, 1999
    That writeup on the Antarian Rangers is an excerpt from the Hero's Guide. I personally wrote that section, with some input from Aaron Allston. Yes, it's true folks, the Rangers are back in the NJO!

12. Eyrezer

Aug 4, 2002
    Moridin, in writing that article were any Rangers identified? Any names we know or new characters? Any info would be greatly appreciated. Even any speculation.

13. snarf5181

snarf5181 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 18, 2002
    Good candidates would be peckhum, gallandro, tigris, and that non-jedi eclipse pilot from SBS.

14. Moridin

Moridin RPG Author star 3 VIP

Apr 13, 1999
    Names of Rangers in the NJO? No. The only new Antarian Rangers that were identified were the founder (a Gotal named Kaskutal) and another ranger from the Rise of the Empire era, a Feeorin named Solm.

15. Eyrezer

Aug 4, 2002
    Thanks Moridin. snarf I assume you mean Anja Gallandro...

16. snarf5181

Apr 18, 2002
    Yeah, those rangers are probably too elitist to let the deceased join up (which could rule out peckhum by now)

17. Eyrezer

Aug 4, 2002
    Woah - Peckhum's dead?

18. snarf5181

Apr 18, 2002
    Not as far as i know, but i could've missed something. Fellas old as dirt, or at least that was the impression i got.

19. masterskywalker

masterskywalker Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 2, 2001
    Wow, any chance of writing a short RPG story for these guys? Like Last Call at Leatherback's or Mission to Mykr? That would rule!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.