main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion Anthology: News and Rumors (General Discussion Welcome)

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by TtheForceHurts, Sep 13, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    Must it either be Boba or new characters? There's plenty of underdeveloped characters in the existing six movies.

Force Smuggler likes this.
  2. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    I still have my doubts that Fett can carry his own film. Also, who will play him? It’s been established that he's a clone of Jango Fett, but, and no disrespect intended, I really can't see Disney casting Temuera Morrison (or Daniel Logan, for that matter) as the lead in a big budget tentpole. I'm more intrigued in the proposed Solo origin movie.

Immortiss likes this.
  3. AlainSkywalker

AlainSkywalker Jedi Knight

Aug 20, 2013
    Read this few minutes ago and the last weeks I've been thinking that maybe is not the best idea because the Boba Fett character i fell in love with was that misterious identity of a extremely cruel and clever bounty hunter with no feelings. The EU gave me some nice development on his background story but in the PT I was a little bit dissapointed with the idea of giving him a past and roots and now it scares me the idea of putting him as the center piece of a film which will show obviously some "nice" parts of his personality. Not under a big hype right now.

However in the beginning he was one of my choices for the spin off movies. But as I always think, what is important is the plot for the story and how is getting developed. Crossfingers on the spin offs, had big hopes on these.

4. Mystery Roach

Mystery Roach Chosen One star 4

Mar 10, 2004
    The only thing about a Han Solo movie that would interest me is seeing how he hooks up with Chewie to bridge Episodes III and IV. Otherwise, I'll take a Boba Fett movie over Han any day.

Trebor Sabreon likes this.
  5. Immortiss

Immortiss Force Ghost star 5

Mar 10, 2013
    I personally think that Fett works best with Solo. He's the alter ego of Han. Han seems to know Boba from a time prior the the events of TESB. Those two together in a film have a lot of potential, especially when you consider the auxiliary cast: Jabba, Lando, Chewie, the Tonnika sisters and a new droid. This would make a fantastic film and I've wondered if it could be a trilogy: The Adventures of Han Solo.

6. Circular Logic

Circular Logic Jedi Master star 4

Mar 3, 2013
    I wonder if the proposed Fett spinoff film will chronicle his early adventures prior to his becoming the galaxy's top bounty hunter. I also wonder whether they plan to use plot ideas from the canceled 1313 videogame, where Fett has many adventures in the Coruscant underworld. It would definitely be nice if the film explores the darker, grittier parts of the GFFA like the underlevels of Coruscant and the criminal-infested Nar Shaddaa. Seeing Boba Fett in the heart of the galaxy's most notorious hives of scum and villainy would be pretty cool, I think. He could easily be a neat anti-hero character.

7. princethomas

princethomas Jedi Master star 2

Nov 19, 2001
    This will sound cheesy but I think it would work. I'd like to see an actual Disney Animation film of Leia in her younger Teenage years. I know its a joke about her being a Disney Princess, but I think it would be awesome if she really was.

Darth_Pevra and Darth Chiznuk like this.
  8. Mystery Roach

Mar 10, 2004

I wouldn't be bothered if they tied Han and Boba's backstories together in a spin-off. In fact I think they should use that sort of economy as much as possible with these movies. A trilogy would be a bit much IMO though.

Immortiss likes this.
  9. HegoDamask

HegoDamask Jedi Knight star 2

Jul 18, 2013
    The Fett movie does have potential if done right. It can only really work if it is a pure orgin story, e.g events post AotC onwards, or if it is a story that leads into him apearing in the ST, e.g post RoTJ.
    I find it really hard to find any actor who I think would be right for the role of a younger Fett, I think Daniel Logan could be good, I can't see him being cast to headline something this high budget.
    If we are talking an older Boba, I could see someone like Bryan Cranston owning the role.

10. Immortiss

Immortiss Force Ghost star 5

Mar 10, 2013
    Yeah, you're probably right about the trilogy. It would have to be a large story and I think, even though I love The Hobbit, it seems stretched, at least the last one did. If they did it like the Indy films they would inevitably use all their best ideas in the first one and figure out where to go from there, i.e, snakes, beetles, rats and scorpions. In other words, they would set a formula for the sequels with the first film.

Mystery Roach likes this.
  11. Mystery Roach

Mar 10, 2004
    I could also see Han and Boba each having cameos in the other's movie. This actually seems pretty likely to me.

12. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    That's the real advantage of these spin-offs. To further explore these worlds that the Episodes hint at but can't really delve deeply into because it has a much broader story it has to focus on. In this case, Boba Fett would be the perfect character for us to jump into the seedy criminal world of SW. These types of films will really help to fill out the Star Wars galaxy and make it feel like a real place where normal people live instead of just galactic saviors. That's what excites me about the spin-offs.

I think an animated film about Leia's early adventures is actually a really great idea. I say give Pixar free rein to develop a bunch of animated features set in the Star Wars galaxy.

13. TheBBP

TheBBP Force Ghost star 6

Nov 6, 2012
    I think that spin-off movies featuring eras other than the new sequel trilogy should be handled through animation. IMHO, the movie spin-offs should be used to support and build the new movie-verse like Iron Man/Thor/Captain America does for the Avengers.

14. SkywalkerSquadron

SkywalkerSquadron Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 2, 2013
    I have to disagree. I would much rather have a Star Wars live-action film than an animated one, and I think exploring new eras can help build the universe.

TKT, Trebor Sabreon, Krueger and 2 others like this.
  15. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    While I tend to agree that live-action would probably be the route to take, I can see where animation would be beneficial, especially when it comes to bringing characters back from the OT era. Instead of going through the hassle of re-casting and ruffling feathers with the new actors, those characters can stay forever young through the magic of animation.

16. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    How about a spin-off on the pre-TPM days of R2-D2?

17. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    R2-D2 (translated): "Uggh, I have got to find a way off of Naboo. These people are so boring."

18. SkywalkerSquadron

SkywalkerSquadron Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 2, 2013
    Yeah, I would imagine pre-TPM R2's life was probably like that of any other astromech droid's.

19. Big Bad Yoda Daddy

Big Bad Yoda Daddy Force Ghost star 4

Mar 8, 2000
    Now THERE'S an idea!
    [​IMG]

20. jedijax

jedijax Force Ghost star 6

May 2, 2013
    Plus we can FINALLY have some real explanation to the line "no disintegrations!"

21. Jedi Comedian

Jedi Comedian Jedi Master star 3

Oct 27, 2012
    Isn't that kind of gap filling one of the things a lot of fans hated about the prequels?

I mean, we've already seen people in this thread complaining about AotC showing Boba's childhood. It goes without saying that an official explanation for the disintegrations would never be able to satisfy everyone.

Dewback likes this.
  22. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    I like the idea of setting up Boba Fett for his own spin-off in the Han Solo film. Perhaps he could even be the main antagonist who is hunting Han for some reason and it could even establish a more personal reason why Boba is going after Han in ESB if Han gets the better of him in their first encounter. Settling the score. [face_cowboy]

Immortiss likes this.
  23. Jedi Comedian

Jedi Comedian Jedi Master star 3

Oct 27, 2012
    Again, isn't this something that people complained about with the prequels? Everyone knows each other, small galaxy etc?

Does Boba's pursuit of Han need to be personal? I don't mind them being 'professionally' aware of each other, maybe having had the odd encounter here or there, but they don't necessarily need to be arch-nemeses.

24. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    Vader hired Boba to capture somebody to interrogate about the location of a Rebel base, but Boba disintegrated the Rebel.

25. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    I wouldn't go as far as making them arch-nemeses but more like Han is one of the few who got away and Boba would like to make up for that. I'm not attached to the idea just thought it could be a fun story. Maybe you're right though that it'd be too much of a connection.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.