main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion Anthology: News and Rumors (General Discussion Welcome)

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by TtheForceHurts, Sep 13, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    Yeah, and that's probably why I nearly forgot to mention it.

But wouldn't it be nice? :)

2. Jedi Zaven'than

Jedi Zaven'than Jedi Padawan star 1

Sep 12, 2013
    Yes, it would.

[​IMG]

darklordoftech likes this.
  3. sons_of_anakin_tatooine

sons_of_anakin_tatooine Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 28, 2005
    guys i dont think disney will deminish star wars by making it kiddie and also after the pt mess and lucas i really dont think disney wants to feel that wraith.

people had the same fear about marvel and yet avengers was dark in a sense ( loki killing 80 people in 2 days) and in a way ( even though i disliked it other than the fight scenes and cast) the amazing spiderman was dark and gritty.

i think diney can deliver spin offs with a pg13 rating that will deliver for all age groups

4. The Hellhammer

The Hellhammer Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2012
    A movie about young Dooku and Yoda would work very well indeed. I don't really think Dooku fell to the dark side in the quick and easy manner, i.e. getting pissed off and butchering loads of people. He seems like a sort of person who doesn't give into that sort of impulsiveness that easily, so I'm figuring his turning must have been a bit more interesting. I don't know and don't really care what EU has to say on the subject, but I think it would be a potentially very good movie.

Immortiss, StoneRiver, Ryus and 4 others like this.
  5. jedijax

jedijax Force Ghost star 6

May 2, 2013
    Boba Fett, sorry to say, does not have the overall appeal enough to make a spin off movie UNLESS Fett is featured as a major player in the ST (meaning that he would have to be resurrected). Sure Fett is popular among die hards but most people don't care about what they'd see as a random character.

Han, Obi-Wan, and Yoda are more household names and are integral part of the entire saga, but not Fett. I'd say those 3 have the best chance of doing anything interesting.

6. The Hellhammer

Nov 4, 2012
    Any character can be made appealing if they make a decent movie about him. I know Boba Fett is somewhat of a controversial topic among fans, but he is quite well known outside the "fandom" as well.
    He has appeal and his movie can be a very interesting thing to see, since it can show us a different side of the Star Wars universe we haven't really seen so far. I like Boba Fett and hope we get a good movie about him sometime.

7. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    I would love to see a Han movie and would be very interested in a Plagueis one. There really aren't any (that I can think of at the moment) that I'm completly against them making. Even though I'm not really a big Fett fan, I could see them making an interesting movie for him.

8. Darth PJ

Darth PJ Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2013
    As much as I'd love to see a Darth Bane or Darth Plageuis movie... do we think it's really likely that Disney will want to endorse a movie that, in order to be what we'd want it to be, would be dark in tone and revolve around pernicious protagonists/antagonists going around killing people and causing chaos? Sadly, I just don't think Disney will want Star Wars to go that way. I predict all the new films will be fairly lightweight and 'fun'... which isn't to say that they won't be good... but I doubt they'll be serious and grim ala the Bane and Plageuis stories.

9. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    A Dooku movie is an absolute must. His turn to the Dark Side needs to be explained.

Darth Archimage, FRAGWAGON and Dra--- like this.
  10. TheTwinSuns

TheTwinSuns Jedi Master star 3

Apr 26, 2013
    I don't think Christopher Lee is capable of doing it at his age.

11. Darth PJ

Jul 31, 2013
    It
    It would obviously necessitate younger actors... which makes a Dooku orientated movie unlikely.

12. The Hellhammer

Nov 4, 2012
    A younger version of Dooku could easly be done, plus his dabbling in the dark side may begin quite a bit earlier than we expect it to.

FRAGWAGON and darklordoftech like this.
  13. TheTwinSuns

TheTwinSuns Jedi Master star 3

Apr 26, 2013
    True, I was just going by what was said in AOTC.

The Hellhammer likes this.
  14. Lando Swarm

Lando Swarm Jedi Master star 2

Aug 9, 2013
    The Vuffi Raa Chronicles!
    [​IMG]

15. Count Yubnub

Count Yubnub Force Ghost star 5

Oct 1, 2012
    As Daegen Lok, you mean? That would work. Or do you mean a story independent of the EU--a re-booted "Dawn of the Jedi"?

Side note: it struck me that some of these might work in animated form--a movie based on the "Darth Plagueis" novel might work that way, for instance. (Remember that Palpatine near the end would need to look like he did in TPM, which could be tricky.)

16. The Hellhammer

Nov 4, 2012
    What the hell did I just read.

Thegoat likes this.
  17. Lando Swarm

Lando Swarm Jedi Master star 2

Aug 9, 2013
    A description of an oft-neglected, glorious corner of the EU entitled The Lando Calrissian Adventures! Vuffi Raa is Lando's faithful companion, whom Lando affectionately refers to as 'little vacuum cleaner.'

18. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    The Lando adventures can be a tad ... weird, but Vuffi Raa is a very entertaining character. I like the little vacuum cleaner more than I do R2.

Dra--- likes this.
  19. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    To be honest, I was using the term "Je'daii" more for stylistic effect, than as a literal reading of the Dawn of the Jedi tales.

No, I was only very loosely envisioning a story which depicts a lone man, woman or alien who discovers their talent for the Force and is the first to put their findings to use in a manner which resembles what we later know a Jedi to be.

I imagine Force sensitivity was always extant, but what was it which drove this particular being to put a collective value on wisdom, justice, self-discipline, martial arts, compassion, brotherhood and a commitment to living in service to the Force, rather than using the Force as a little-understood tool for reaching one's goals? I imagine there were those who used the Force as a tool in serving justice, but never considered that the Force has a will of it's own. I could see tribal healers who called upon the Force in their duties, but never fought in a battle. There were probably Force-sensitive criminals who never thought of serving any interests other than their own. I'm just curious about the one who figured it all out, and what it was about this being which led he or she to be the first to put a value on each of the fundamental beliefs of what would later become the core tenets of the Jedi Order. The first "Jedi," so-to-speak.

Maybe there was no single being? I suppose it's just as likely that a group of like-minded Force sensitive individuals simply banded together and hammered-out what would resemble an early Order, each bringing with them their own experiences, beliefs and values. In that case, who was the one who took the lead in encouraging such a gathering? Yes, perhaps the story would be more about a community than one single being, but considering the unchanging irregular plural of the word "Jedi," such a film could still be called Star Wars: The First Jedi. ;)

Out of any SW 'origin story' I could think of, I think this is the one I'd most like to see.

Jedimaster_Prowl likes this.
  20. LunarMoth

LunarMoth Jedi Master star 4

Nov 27, 2012
    Boba Fett is the only spin-off that makes sense to me as being first. He's HUGELY popular. Not TOO connected to the Saga. He doesn't need to, not should he, appear in the ST.

I Voted "Othe/Explain" becasue the Fett Film should be post ROTJ, not post ROTS (Even though post ROTJ is post ROTS, but you knwo what I mean! :mad:) This will allow for a long awaited Sarlaac escape as the opener, huge fanfare, and an open door to more Fett films with the man in his prime.

21. Darth PJ

Jul 31, 2013
    Haha - I'm waiting for a new Jango Fett movie set immediately after the battle of Geonosis. As soon as the jedi and clones left, and to Boba's amazement, Jango's head pops back out of his body armour and he exclaims "I ducked"... ;)

LunarMoth likes this.
  22. Graphic

Graphic Jedi Master star 2

Nov 18, 2012
    - Boba Fett
    - Darth Vader
    - Vader vs Fett

[​IMG]

23. The Hellhammer

Nov 4, 2012
    Of all the gadgets in his arsenal, Boba decides to simply punch Vader in his armored face.
    Always found that cover somewhat silly :p

Dra--- and Darth Chiznuk like this.
  24. Ganger

Ganger Force Ghost star 4

Dec 9, 1999
    I think they could totally make a Boba Fett movie. Allthough I believe that his fandom has been elevated by Lucasfilm, there's a real chance of a good batch of stories there. One of the few things I though was a great idea (but horribly executed) was the whole Jango Fett clone army thing. That gave a lot of depth to the character and opens up a whole world of opportunities in the Star Wars universe. He battled the jedi and he also delivered Han Solo to Jabba, this guy is virtually everywhere in the entire story we know so far.

I really haven't felt as a fan that there's a particularly unique following towards Boba Fett. I've always been baffled when Lucas talks about how beloved the character is and that he even considered adding his survival on ROTJ. Still, he's one of those characters that if a new movie about them was announced, I wouldn't be shocked at all.

25. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    Boba ... a bounty hunter so bold he runs right into Vaders downward strike.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.