main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Anthony Daniels C3 PO is a git

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by the-dark-side, May 19, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. the-dark-side

the-dark-side Jedi Youngling

Mar 27, 2002
    Yesterday I met Anthony Daniels at a sci-fi convention. Through out the day hundreds of people queued up for his autograph and to take pictures of him. After a few hours his Queue dried up to one person. As Anthony was about to pose for the last person in the queue to take a pic I thought I would take one as well. As I was about to take a photo he turned to me and said ?LOOK!! What?s do with you, carm down?
    I thought this was odd, as he was about to pose anyway so I took the pic and walked off.
    Ten minutes later he was still stood at the autograph desk with no one queuing up for him. At the side of him was buffy the vampire with a huge queue of over 100 people, I think this dented Anthony?s ego.
    I asked his assistant was he still giving autograph and he said yes, so I paid my £23.00 got the picture for him to sigh and he was about to sigh it when I said ?could you please wright may the force be with you, Anthony Daniel?s C3.PO.
    He said, ?no I?m about to leave, what?s your name?
    I said, ? I don?t want my name on it could you please just sigh it then?
    He then abruptly said, ? what?s your name?
    I said, ? Dave but I don?t want you to write that?
    He then signed it and I walked off. What annoyed me was that half hour later he was still there and he couldn?t take the time to write ?May the force be with you? he was rude and his ego is bigger than his fame.
    He is only a robot in a film that he co-stars in. its not as if he is a great actor. I thought he was a total big headed ego hungry git.

2. jamie69

jamie69 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 6, 2002
    yeah,but he was in that motorcycle vampire movie with micheal'uncle harry from eastenders'elphick about ten years ago!
    you have my sympathy,a few years ago i met peter'as in my acting career will peter out after 1983'mayhew at a sci-fi fair and the same old ***** happened...
    he wasn't 'doing'personalisations'as his organ grinder put it...
    'so i might as well buy one from a dealer,then'-i said,
    'whatever'-came the reply!!!
    tossers,the lot of 'em.

3. LadyVader81

LadyVader81 Jedi Knight star 6

Jan 2, 2001
    sorry but have you thought that he is human and he might have had a bad day because he is not normally like that

4. SoloCommand

SoloCommand Manager Emeritus & GTA Coruscant Developer star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 15, 2001
    I hereby petition that jamie69's reply is deemed a feasable excuse to any given situation.

5. LadyVader81

Jan 2, 2001
    See I know Daniels and that doesn't sound like him at all

6. Commander Antilles

Commander Antilles Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 21, 1999
    Well, I suppose that signing autographs all day makes you pretty stir crazy at the end of the day.

7. toochilled

toochilled Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 17, 2000
    Oh come on - are you saying you expected lueitenant Gaytoni, old hufty, to be polite ! :eek:

8. LadyVader81

Jan 2, 2001
    well he's very polite to me ;)

isn't he CA?

9. ObiJohnKenobi

ObiJohnKenobi Jedi Youngling star 4

Aug 30, 2001
    I bumped into the bloke who plays "look, sir, droids" and told him he was the greatest actor I'd ever seen, and he thumped me in the nads and burnt my house to the ground. Who else has been assaulted by a Star Wars bit-part actor? Post your stories here.

10. Commander Antilles

Jul 21, 1999
    Oh yes, J. ;)

Mind you, you should have seen him trying to act modestly after I buttered him up at Ealing. [face_laugh]

11. MOTs_Minx

MOTs_Minx Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 26, 2000
    That sounded gay, Ben.

12. Capt. Mentalist

Capt. Mentalist Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 27, 1999
    I was jumped by the 3rd jawa to the left OJK... little git sneaked up on me and clubbed me.

13. toochilled

Oct 17, 2000
    It is gay.

IO still can't believe that you didn't use real butter though ben :eek:

14. MayhemUK

MayhemUK Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 20, 2001
    He sounded far from a git when he presented the first showing of AotC at the Odeon on Thursday. Very funny 10 minute banter with the audience...

15. Jumping Jedi Flash

Jumping Jedi Flash Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 21, 1999
    a friend at work went to see him and said he was ok, a tad camp, but ok.

But £23 and he doesnt write what ya want, hang him fry him and send his balls to the chief.

16. Commander Antilles

Jul 21, 1999
    Sod off!

Can't remember what I said now. J, do you remember?

17. toochilled

Oct 17, 2000
    He is a conference whore just like many of them.

And of course he was nice to you J, you have very attractive.... eyes.

;)

18. Gav Daragon

Gav Daragon Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 25, 2000
    That reminds me, J there was this lassie behind the bar in Paramount on Saturday night that looked just like you. Scary

19. LadyVader81

Jan 2, 2001
    neither do I all I remember was being very sick and Tony telling me to go home and rest and get something hot to eat.

lol @TC well he has said I was beautiful

Andy am I really that common? lol could be one of my cousins I guess but I dont remember looking like any of them

20. Darth Scourge

Darth Scourge Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 4, 2000
    the-dark-side, one of the primary reasons why these celebrities personalize autographs is to prevent people from just getting non personalized ones and then selling them for ridiculous amounts. That's why Michelle Trachtenberg was only giving out personalized autographs, too.

When I went on Sunday, Tony Daniels's line was very long, but he still found the time to speak to me in depth about an autograph he gave me back in 1978, and he was really polite to me and everyone else I saw, and had no problem with people taking his photograph. I guess you just must have caught him in kind of a bad mood?
    Celebrities are just people, after all.

Like H. Jefferson Jr. who was there, (played Boomer in Battlestar Galactica)... he was really cool. He took a break from signing and we went outside for a chill out and a smoke, talking about all kinds of stuff.

Even though people often place these guys on a pedestal, they're only human and are prone to good and bad moods like all of us.

21. DARK_SCORE

DARK_SCORE Jedi Master star 4

Oct 26, 2000
    I met AD in very similar circumstances shortly before TPM came out. Me and my mate were in London and saw a long queue in some dull sci-fi shop. When we found out who was doing the signing we joined the queue and were the last people allowed in.

Even though Daniels had been signing autographs all day and had over-stayed his allotted time slot, he still chatted to fans and admirers. Including some handicapped bloke. Even though I was the LAST person in the queue, he still signed my picture with a cheery personalization.

AND he was funny at the Odeon midnight screening last week. :)

And he's not gay! He lives with my friend's sister. In a sex way... ;)

22. MOTs_Minx

Oct 26, 2000
    Mind you, you should have seen him trying to act modestly after I buttered him up at Ealing.

(_o_) Oh my...

LOL

23. jamie69

jamie69 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 6, 2002
    and then there was that time when i complimented FEMI 'oola'TAYLOR on her wonderfully pert breasts on a JEDI SPECIAL EDITION photo that she signed.she said it was all the training she does as a dancer that keeps them in such good shape
    ...and they are in very good shape!!!

24. MOTs_Minx

Oct 26, 2000
    I would have kicked you in the nuts if you said that to me.

25. LadyVader81

Jan 2, 2001
    yeah most women don't particulary like that, some of us try to get attention away from ours [face_plain]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.