main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:VIC Anthony Daniels confirms first Australian convention appearance

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by ObiWan_cs, May 15, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ObiWan_cs

ObiWan_cs Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 13, 1999
    Anthony Daniels, the man behind C-3PO, confirmed that he will be at the Multiverse 4 science fiction convention June 8th to 11th (less than 4 weeks away!)

Yes! The Force WILL be with you. I am so pleased to confirm, unless Mr Lucas or some other major boss in my life intervenes (unlikely), that I will be with you in Melbourne in June. I know it's winter then but we'll be indoors (I hope) having fun.

BE WARNED... If I have anything like the great time I spent in Sydney filming Episode II last year, I may not leave.
    So think gold! And I'll see you there.

Anthony Daniels

Remember, all the info regarding Multiverse 4 and features such as the Star Walking run Raiders of the Lost Ark 20th Anniversary Banquet, can be found at http://www.multiverse.org.au/mv4/

2. ForceFire_Jade

ForceFire_Jade Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 22, 2000
    that thing costs 75 bucks to get into mate...I ain't going!

3. Multiverse

Multiverse Jedi Youngling

Apr 24, 2001
    Hi,

Yes it costs $75 for the saturday to get into (less for Sunday and Monday) but what do you get:

?3 media guests including Anthony Daniels (C3PO), Brian Thompson (X-Files / Buffy / Star Trek) and Virginia Hey (Farscape)
    ?23 hours worth of programming (for the sat alone!) including guest talks, autographs, Question and answer sessions, video programs, anime stream, CCG tournaments with cash prizes, art show, costume display, panles on various topics, dealers selling merchandose at good rates, Banquet celebrating raiders of the Lost Ark 20th anniversary (extra cost as food is involved), Mad Max 2 20th anniversary function and movie marathon, all night horror films, computer games.
    ?Lots of other fans to talk to and with
    ?The Sunday has similar things but include a pizza banquet and triavia night (extra cost as food is involved), 8 hours of fan films ranging from new to old, space display. Price is $65
    ?The Monday has similar things but include a writers day with 10 published melbourne SF authors and includes a literary luncheon (extra cost as food is involved).

So yes it is sort of expensive but if a movie costs $12.00 these days for 2 hours ($6 per hour), we are charging for at least 16 hours a day minimum for a max of $75 which is $4.50 per hour

Remember, we have to pay for the guests, venue, airfares, accomodation, incidentals etc etc.

So before you say its too expensive, think about the volunteers putting the event together so you can go if you wish as we can not make you.

Thanks

Derek Screen
    Co-chair
    Multiverse Science Fiction group

4. lordvaderFF

lordvaderFF Jedi Master star 4

Nov 29, 2000
    It does cost a small fortune to run this sort of event.

But I've always found everyone I've attended to be great fun and well and truly worth every penny spent.

At this one we get to see people from Star Wars, Mad Max, X-Files, & Farscape...all for the one entry fee.

I've seen other con's (and I do mean cons) where you'd be paying twice as much to see ONE Star Trek star....and that's all.

If you don't go for the stars, go for the banquet, or the people, or the fun of the day, or the panels, or the atmosphere....just go for at least one day....if you don't, you'll be kicking yourself later.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.