main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Oregon Anticipation: The Real Life Story of Star Wars: Episode I -- The Phantom Menace

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Bowen, Mar 9, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bowen

Bowen Force Ghost star 5

Sep 6, 1999
    Hey guys/gals!

I just thought it was time some of you, who I post alongside here regularly, were brought into the process of what I am doing right now.

My book, which is the title of this thread, was an effort that took me more than 1,000 hours over the last 6 years to research, write, and try to sell to a publisher. I finally decided to go the self-published route through iUniverse.com.

Today, I got some amazing news. My book has been accepted into the prestigious Editor's Choice program, so it will have that designation on the cover of every book!

Here are some of the comments the reviewer gave me:
    "Your obvious knowledge and extensive research of the facts further convinces us that this will be a well-written book."
    "The book captures attention from the very beginning, just because of its interesting subject matter. The strong Introduction hooks us and leads into the book. We're caught up, eager to read on!"
    "The structure/organization of this book is excellent."
    "Your sharp laser-like focus is to be applauded. Instead of trying to generalize about the whole phenomenon of the Star Wars saga, you choose to focus on one particular film, highlighting your insights with a wealth of facts and statistics. This makes the book unique and strong. Excellent job!"

I am, needless to say, really excited!

I will keep you all updated, but the process is going well and the book should be available on Amazon.com, BarnesAndNoble.com, iUniverse.com, and through special order wherever books are sold in paperback, hardcover, and ebook formats sometime in early May!

2. Larena_Jade

Larena_Jade Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 19, 2002
    Cool, I'll be standin by!

3. Bowen

Bowen Force Ghost star 5

Sep 6, 1999
    I have been told that I will receive the author proofs in about a week, before next week ends at least, and then I will be able to sign off on the book so that they will be able to produce it in full.

Within the next few weeks I should be able to see the design department's cover, the proofs, and any other relevant info. This means I might be doing just a bit of work in Cabo San Lucas, Mexico during spring break (leaving Mar. 19!). This would be oddly appropriate because I actually wrote the first 50 pages of Anticipation in Cabo, 5 long years ago!

It's looking to me like the book might be available as early as late April, but certainly by early May.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.