main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC Anton Yelchin (Chekov in new Trek) dead in car crash

Discussion in 'Community' started by Darth Valkyrus, Jun 19, 2016.

1. Darth Valkyrus

Darth Valkyrus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2013
    Ooooooh burn!

2. Rogue_Ten

Rogue_Ten Chosen One star 7

Aug 18, 2002

as you yourself pointed out, the cause of death as we currently understand it makes zero sense. throw in drugs tho... and a world of possibilities open up. wait for the tox screen, breh

3. KissMeImARebel

KissMeImARebel Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    I wonder if there might be something wrong with the vehicle. It's not like it's hard to tell if you've left your car in neutral once you take your foot off the breaks, especially on an incline. I don't know. I hate morbidly speculating but I do hope the police are thorough on this if it looks suspicious at the location.

4. Master_Lok

Master_Lok Force Ghost star 6

Dec 18, 2012
    Sorry to hear. My thoughts are with his family. R.I.P. @};-

Dagobahsystem likes this.
  5. Jedi Daniel

Jedi Daniel Chosen One star 5

Apr 7, 2000
    I'm only familiar with his Star Trek work which I thought was fantastic. 27 though and the circumstances, what a tragedy ;(

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  6. Jabba-wocky

Jabba-wocky Chosen One star 10

May 4, 2003
    Really? You had to go there with it?

7. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Gracious, just read through the thread. The age thing is tragic enough but the reason/cause. What a freaky thing and I agree, his parents must be beyond describing heart-torn. @};- @};-

8. Darth Punk

Darth Punk JCC Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 25, 2013
    The car was Muslim

9. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    Did he live up in the hills of LA? Did he have a steep driveway? (Okay, I read it. Answer=yes. Wow)

Master_Rebado likes this.
  10. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    I doubt losing a child that has siblings is somehow less traumatic than losing an only child for the parents. It's not like they'd be thinking "Oh well, at least we still have Tommy".

11. xezene

xezene Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 6, 2016
    Sad. :( I heard that he was checking his mailbox for mail and left his car in neutral. It rolled down the hill and pinned him till he bled to death. A terrible way to die. He and his family have my regards.

12. Kyle Katarn

Kyle Katarn Force Ghost star 6

Jul 10, 1998
    A rumor I have heard is that he had a late model Jeep, one which is said to have problems with it slipping from Park to Neutral or the gearshift making the difference between the two awfully hard to tell. If this is the case, then I would not at all be surprised if there is a lawsuit over this from the family.

Regardless, this sucks. No outward signs of him engaging in any reckless behavior, killed at his own home, by his own vehicle when his career was on a steady climb. 2016 is turning into one heartless SOB.

Rogue1-and-a-half likes this.
  13. JediVision

JediVision Jedi Master star 4

Sep 6, 2015
    So am I the only guy on Earth who thinks of this guy as "Terminator Salvation actor" instead of "Star Trek actor"?

14. Master_Rebado

Master_Rebado Chosen One star 6

May 31, 2004
    Sad news indeed. . . . :(

I liked his take on Chekov and liked him in a few other roles also.

Definitely a talented young actor lost too soon.

Iron_lord likes this.
  15. Rogue_Ten

Aug 18, 2002

i still associate him with the first thing i saw him in: a hank azaria dramedy on showtime called "Huff!"

he played the quirky thoughtful son of the family. like many of his roles

TX-20 likes this.
  16. Dagobahsystem

Dagobahsystem Chosen One star 10

Sep 25, 2015
    RIP Anton Yelchin
    Gone too soon.
    [​IMG]

TX-20, Juliet316 and Master_Rebado like this.
  17. Rogue_Ten

Aug 18, 2002
    i wonder how he'd feel about everyone posting remembrance picture of him in the most mainstream schlock role he ever did. who knows, maybe it was his favorite thing he's done. but he seemed like a serious actor so probably not

Violent Violet Menace likes this.
  18. Master_Rebado

Master_Rebado Chosen One star 6

May 31, 2004
    I'm sure he'd be humbled by the fact he's being mentioned so much and that so many have so many tributes to him.

That's my guess on it.

Iron_lord, Rogue1-and-a-half and Rew like this.
  19. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    God, what a terrible freak accident. I've really liked his work since he was about 11 and had a storyline in one of my all-time favorite episodes of ER. Celebrities aren't immune to freak accidents. Definitely thought about the 27 club. So weird. What a terrible thing for his friends and family.

Master_Rebado likes this.
  20. Violent Violet Menace

Violent Violet Menace Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 11, 2004
    Everyone else were doing it. I would have looked like an ass if I commented and did not do it. Besides, he died so young and in such a casual pointless way. Just as he was getting more recognition for his serious roles and acting chops too, instead of supporting schlock roles. So it was heartfelt, to the extent that that is possible for a stranger.

Also, why did you single me out of all people? :p

21. Jedi Merkurian

Jedi Merkurian Future Films Rumor Naysayer star 7 Staff Member Manager

May 25, 2000
  22. timmoishere

timmoishere Force Ghost star 6

Jun 2, 2007
    I had a strange notion in my head that the NuTrek actors would die in the same order as the original cast. So Urban, Pegg, and Quinto would be the first ones to die. So much for that.

23. QueenSabe7

QueenSabe7 Chosen One star 6

Mar 23, 2001
    So, so sad. He was so young and talented. :( Like Crazy and Charlie Bartlett are my favorites of his films. Thoughts are with his family...

Lady_Skywalker87 likes this.
  24. jabberwalkie

jabberwalkie Jedi Master star 4

Dec 2, 2014
  25. KnightWriter

KnightWriter Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 6, 2001
    I was thinking yesterday that it would be best to wait before assuming that he just forgot to put the brake on, or really anything about what happened. And as it turns out, it looks like there may be a really unfortunate explanation.

Taking from the above link. Both of those sound similar to what happened to Yelchin.