main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Ant's Anahiri Vignette Thread - Vig # 4 is up - 10/03/07! Replies Up 10/28/07!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Jedi-Ant, Jul 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi-Ant

Jedi-Ant Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 3, 2007
    Welcome to my new Anahiri Vignette Thread!

This is a challenge I've decided to set myself, in order to keep the wonderful Anahiri 'ship sailing! My aim with this thread is to write one new Anahiri vignette each month, with our two favourite Jedi in any situation - be it romantic, troublesome, or... something else.

If you're a fan of Anakin and Tahiri, keep checking back every once and a while to see if I've updated, or, if you're quite forgetful like me, I'd be more than happy to send PM's to anyone who'd like to read.

Anyway, enjoy the first vignette for the thread! Hopefully they'll be many more to come.

Long live Anahiri! [face_love]

Ant. ]-}

2. Jedi-Ant

Jan 3, 2007
    VIGNETTE # 1:

Title: Happy Lifeday, Dummy!
    Author: Jedi-Ant.
    Timeframe: Around the DN Era (for timeline only) ? AU.
    Genre: Humour/Romance Vignette.
    Characters: Anakin, Tahiri.
    Summary: Anakin receives some life-changing news on his lifeday.
    (Set about two months after the end of my other A/T vignette, Practice Makes Perfect).
    Notes: This was written for the ?casual? Anahiri Challenge by Whitey.

Also, thanks to Jade_eyes, whose comment in my Practice Makes Perfect thread inspired this plot bunny in about ten seconds flat. Jade, you wanted a sequel, so this viggie is for you, dear! [:D] :*

This hasn't been beta-read, so all mistakes are mine. [face_blush]

HAPPY LIFEDAY, DUMMY!

A casual restaurant in the heart of Coruscant.

?Happy lifeday to you, happy lifeday to you, happy lifeday, dear Anakin, happy lifeday to you!?

The noise level in the crowded restaurant was unbelievable, and Anakin Solo was more than a little embarrassed by the thunderous rendition of the lifeday song his family were now belting out.

?Hip-hip! hooray! Hip-hip! Hooray!?

He could feel the eyes of every other being in the near vicinity focus on him and his shrinking form, as he tried desperately to hide his crimson blush under the sheet of the lemon-coloured tablecloth. The dozen or so family and friends cramped in the tiny area laughed at Anakin?s obvious discomfort.

If only he could laugh along with them tonight. He sighed heavily, toying with the end of a dessert spoon as the mirth died down, and attention once again slipped to the vast array of meals in front of them.

Lifeday?s were supposed to be joyous affairs, but this particular lifeday was missing one very important ingredient ? the animated banter of Tahiri Veila.

The vibrant beauty of the girl Anakin had loved for as long as he could remember was sorely missed, and although he?d tried to enjoy himself, Anakin felt he couldn?t quite bring his euphoric level to the right height without her. Tahiri had opted out of his lifeday festivities this evening after coming down with a rather nasty stomach bug, one which had afflicted her quite a number of times over the last month and a bit.

Anakin didn?t want his parents to think that he wasn?t appreciative of the trouble they?d gone to in organizing such a dinner - because he really was - but he couldn?t steer his thoughts away from the young blonde, who was no doubt sitting alone in her small apartment with her head bowed over the porcelain.

He was worried about her, and not just because she?d fallen ill on his lifeday. Tahiri had been avoiding him for weeks now, and even today, when he?d knocked on her door to see if everything was ok, she?d resorted to yelling through the peephole instead of letting him in.

Something was very wrong, that much was evident, and while her refusal to see him stung a bit, what bothered Anakin more than anything else was the fact that she was keeping secrets from him.

In an effort to keep his lifeday from becoming a complete misery, Anakin vowed to go and visit his girlfriend straight after dinner and sort everything out. Until then, he?d keep his mind on the party and nothing else.

?So, where?s Tahiri tonight? Aren?t you two practically joined at the hip??

Anakin sighed inwardly. It didn?t help matters that her name kept coming up in conversation. So much for keeping my mind on the party, he moaned to himself.

?She?s sick, I?m afraid, and couldn?t make it,? he replied flatly.

?Sick? Again?? his mother

3. YodaKenobi

YodaKenobi Former TFN Books Staff star 6 VIP

May 27, 2003
    The vibrant beauty of the girl Anakin had loved for as long as he could remember was sorely missed, and although he?d tried to enjoy himself, Anakin felt he couldn?t quite bring his euphoric level to the right height without her. Tahiri had opted out of his lifeday festivities this evening after coming down with a rather nasty stomach bug, one which had afflicted her quite a number of times over the last month and a bit.

Dude, she's pregnant :p You've got bigger problems than your Lifeday.

but he couldn?t steer his thoughts away from the young blonde, who was no doubt sitting alone in her small apartment with her head bowed over the porcelain.

Eww :p

Until then, he?d keep his mind on the party and nothing else.
    ?So, where?s Tahiri tonight? Aren?t you two practically joined at the hip??

[face_laugh]

Poor kid.

?Sick? Again?? his mother piped up. ?Has she seen a healer yet??
    ?I?m not sure, mother,? Anakin replied. ?I haven?t really spoken to her much lately.?
    ?You haven?t spoken to your girlfriend? Trouble in paradise?? his brother joked, smirking.
    ?Not exactly, and it?s really none of your-?
    ?You?re not going to break up, are you?? his sister interrupted, leaning across the table with her hands resting on her chin.
    ?No, we?re just-?
    ?But she?s not here celebrating your lifeday with you. That?s got to say something, doesn?t it??

[face_laugh]

Okay, there's three people he can cross off the imminent wedding invitations :p

?No. I-I might be contagious. Wouldn?t want you to get sick, too.?

Yeah, I don't think you can catch this :p

Anakin could usually tell when his girlfriend was lying to him. Her eyes flittered nervously back and forth, and the tips of her ears turned pink; however, because he couldn?t see her face, he had only her voice to rely on, and that made things a little more difficult.

Aww, that was really cute [face_love]

When Tahiri finally drew away from his embrace, Anakin was able to really look at her. He gasped at what he saw. Her skin was pale ? too pale ? and there were dark circles under her eyes so heavy that it almost looked like they were weighing down her entire face. Her cheeks were wet and flushed from her tears, and her usually sparkling blonde hair was hanging limply over her shoulders, like it hadn?t been washed in days.

I changed my mind, she has the Death Seed Plague! Run, Anakin!

?Oh, no,? he murmured, shaking his head. ?It can?t be?

That's the same reaction Luke had to finding out Vader was his father... is it really that horrible? :p

His girlfriend swallowed anxiously, before giving him the okay to take a closer look at their baby. Anakin broadened his force-awareness, revelling in the tiny presence that instantly appeared on his radar. It was too early in Tahiri?s pregnancy for the child to be fully formed, but it was there all the same, a small ball of light resting in the centre of her being, so bright that it was almost blinding.

Really love the description here :D

?Good, because my second choice was going to be ?Ani-wani.??

LOL.

That was really sweet, Ant :D Great post. Glad they figured out what to do. Personally, I would have just told their family rather than running off to Corellia. You can't hide the kid forever and we've seen the trouble secret babies can cause in LotF [face_laugh]

I really enjoyed the humor at the birthday party and all the dialogue between Anakin and Tahiri. Very well written :)

Excellent job. PM me when you update, please :D

4. Kidan

Kidan TFN EU Staff star 5 VIP

Jul 20, 2003
    that was a great story there Jedi-Ant!!

5. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    ?Good, because my second choice was going to be ?Ani-wani.??

[face_laugh] [face_laugh]

That was great!! I'm glad you wrote a sequel, because I loved the other story :D This was so sweet!!! I love how comforting Anakin is, and howb normal their relationship is -- scared about being parents, worried about breaking up, etc. I think you shuold give up on the vignettes and make this into a longer story :D

I want to be PMed the next time you post here, please. Actualyl, anytime you post an A/T or J/J story I'd love to be PMed -- I'll come and read if you do :D

Great job!!!

~Nat

6. star_writer24

star_writer24 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 15, 2006
  7. Jedi-Ant

Jan 3, 2007
    YodaKenobi:

Dude, she's pregnant You've got bigger problems than your Lifeday.

MUCH bigger.. :p

Eww

The unfortunate side affect of a belly full of arms and legs. Luckily (or unluckily, whichever way you look at it), I?ve never experienced that yet, but I?ve seen plenty of people close to me who have.

Poor kid.

Yeah. :p

Okay, there's three people he can cross off the imminent wedding invitations

LOL! [face_laugh]

Yeah, I don't think you can catch this

Not quite..

Aww, that was really cute

Thanks.

I changed my mind, she has the Death Seed Plague! Run, Anakin!

LMAO!! [face_laugh]

That's the same reaction Luke had to finding out Vader was his father... is it really that horrible?

Not quite.. but I guess the thought of being a father so young would be pretty daunting to a young male whose used to fending for himself only and acting pretty irresponsibly at times.

Really love the description here

Thank you! I struggled with that part, actually.

That was really sweet, Ant. Great post.

Thank you very muchly. [:D]

Glad they figured out what to do. Personally, I would have just told their family rather than running off to Corellia. You can't hide the kid forever and we've seen the trouble secret babies can cause in LotF

Yeah, secret babies are not good. [face_shame_on_you]

I guess I?ll have to do a follow up to this one, because it won?t be a secret baby for too long. ;) Maybe I could make it the next vignette?

I really enjoyed the humor at the birthday party and all the dialogue between Anakin and Tahiri. Very well written

Thanks again! I?m glad you liked it. :)

Excellent job. PM me when you update, please

Will do! Thanks for reading!

Kidan:

that was a great story there Jedi-Ant!!

Thank you! And thanks for reading!! :D

NYCitygurl:

That was great!! I'm glad you wrote a sequel, because I loved the other story. This was so sweet!!! I love how comforting Anakin is, and howb normal their relationship is -- scared about being parents, worried about breaking up, etc. I think you shuold give up on the vignettes and make this into a longer story.

Aww.. thanks, Nat! [face_love]

As I just said to Yobie, I think I?ll have to do a follow-up vignette for this one, but as for a fic, I don?t think I?ll do one yet. I?m struggling with my epic series, and my other romance-centric fic I?m doing (which I haven?t updated in, like, forever! :eek: [face_blush] *bad ant!*), so if I do decide to continue that in a short fic, it won?t be for awhile.

I want to be PMed the next time you post here, please. Actualyl, anytime you post an A/T or J/J story I'd love to be PMed -- I'll come and read if you do

Great job!!!

Thank you so much! [:D] I?ll PM you when the next one?s up!

Thanks for reading.

star_writer24:

Cute!

Thank you! :)

Ant. ]-}

8. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Anakin's a real darling. :* They may have "fallen" into being a family rather quickly, but the two of them together is a forgone conclusion; they're so right together. :) Definitely gonna keep up with this. Like my sig says, if it's mushy, I'll read it every time!!! :D

9. Jedi-Ant

Jan 3, 2007
    Yes, Anakin's gorgeous! [face_love] I just love it when they're together, and really couldn't see Anakin with anyone else. I think it's easier for me to see Tahiri with another person, because in canon Ani's no longer alive :_|

I'll let you know when there's more of this. :) Thanks for reading! [:D]

Ant. ]-}

10. EvieSolo

EvieSolo Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 11, 2005
    :eek: Pregnant? I thought they could have some more time to themselves first.

Still, really cute. :)

11. Jedi-Ant

Jan 3, 2007
    Thank you. :)

Thanks for reading.

A new vignette coming soon - I'm putting the finishing touches on it now, but be warned, it is very different from any other Anahiri vignette I've done so far. ;) [face_mischief]

Ant. ]-}

12. Jedi-Ant

Jan 3, 2007
    VIGNETTE # 2:

Title: They Call It Wedded Bliss... (Part # 1)
    Timeframe: A post-NJO AU.
    Genre: Angst/Drama (+ some humour and of course, romance)
    Characters: Tahiri, Leia, Anakin + others.
    Summary: Most call it wedded bliss, but Tahiri has another name for it...
    Notes: Ok, because this vignette is a little different to all of the other Anahiri vignettes I've done, I think it needs a little introduction to explain my thought process here...

For starters, this in no way follows on from the first vignette in this thread. It is completely unique, in more than one sense of the world.

Firstly, I have to thank Maggy for the plot bunny for this vignette. It was because of her (in part) that this fic was born, so thanks for helping me with that, dear. :*

Lastly, all inspiration for this vignette goes to my own personal "monster-in-law," whose antics during my own wedding planning (which is an on-going struggle for me at the present time) is really the basis for all of this fic's craziness.

WARNING: May contain some slightly OOC Leia in parts, but I'll try and keep it as close to the real Leia as is possible (which means Tahiri will get a heck of a lot easier time than I want right now).

Also, this is only Part # 1. I'm not sure yet how many parts to this vignette there will be, but I'll use it to vent my frustrations for as long as I can stretch it. Thanks, and I hope you enjoy it. :)

They Call It Wedded Bliss... Part # 1:

Over the course of her twenty-three years, Tahiri had faced Krayt Dragons, fought hordes of Yuuzhan Vong warriors, and had single-handedly tamed one of the biggest rogues in the galaxy; but none of that, none of the endurance and dexterity required to achieve such feats could possibly have prepared her the task she was now faced with.

Marriage. Or, to be a bit more specific, the delicate art that was wedding planning. She?d thought, mere seconds after Anakin?s proposal, that a white dress, some soulful music and a sprinkling of confetti was her idea of marital heaven? that was, until Leia Organa Solo, her soon-to-be mother-in-law, had introduced her to the subtleties of ceremonial preparation.

Tahiri was astounded at the thousands of variations available for something as simple as exchanging vows with the person you loved; there were so many different themes, so many kinds of rituals one could incorporate in a standard service, and so many bells and whistles to utterly suffocate a day that was supposed to be about love and commitment.

When she?d pointed out to Leia that she?d rather not have a flock of genetically whitened Bog-wings fly over during the aisle walk carrying glittering stardust particles to douse on the ruby carpet, she?d been shushed quite spectacularly, and told that it would look so beautiful on the day.

?Trust my judgement,? Anakin?s mother had told her in a kind, yet stern manner - obviously a tone that was still lingering on from her years as a politician. Not wanting to ruffle any feathers, especially those of the woman who would soon be family, Tahiri had nodded mutely, and spent the rest of the day tagging along after the Alderaanian Princess in agreeable silence.

It was quite an achievement, to keep quiet when innumerable swaths of luridly-coloured fabrics were being flung under her nose as samples for the bridal party?s gowns, and even more of an achievement to clamp her mouth shut against the retort threatening to explode from it when Leia had chosen an exceptionally horrid shade of cerise as the basis for those frocks. ?Isn?t this simply to die for?? the older woman had cooed, running the velveteen sheath through her fingers for emphasis. Tahiri merely grinned flatly, not trusting herself to open her lips and flash her teeth in case the reply she was so forcefully holding back decided to slip out right then and there.

Whitened Dagobah swamp bats and gaudy pink bridesmai

13. star_writer24

star_writer24 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 15, 2006
    It wasn?t like his mother wouldn?t understand in the end, right?

...oh dear! Maybe Tahiri should invite Mara along next time...for back up! [face_laugh]

14. Jedi-Ant

Jan 3, 2007

You just know it's going to get worse, right? :( :p

And having Mara along might not be such a bad idea.. [face_thinking] She'd at least set things right, I think, because she and Tahiri are on similar wave lengths when it comes to wedding ceremonies.

Thanks for reading! :)

Ant. ]-}

15. YodaKenobi

May 27, 2003
    I don't know how I missed this update! :eek: Sorry I'm late. But I'm playing catchup today :D

Lastly, all inspiration for this vignette goes to my own personal "monster-in-law," whose antics during my own wedding planning (which is an on-going struggle for me at the present time) is really the basis for all of this fic's craziness.

Congratulations! :p

When she?d pointed out to Leia that she?d rather not have a flock of genetically whitened Bog-wings fly over during the aisle walk carrying glittering stardust particles to douse on the ruby carpet, she?d been shushed quite spectacularly, and told that it would look so beautiful on the day.

[face_laugh] :_| [face_laugh]

"a flock of genetically whitened Bo-wings carrying glittering stardust particles" [face_laugh] Brilliant! And a great description as well.

Tahiri felt her cheeks flush at the question, and began absent-mindedly twisting the thin gold band sitting on her ring finger. The pale emerald stone, which Anakin had hand cut from the focusing crystal of his very first lightsaber, caught the light from overhead and shot wispy strands of vivid colour dancing around the stuffy room.

Wow, speaking of wonderful descriptions... =D= Well done!

?But these hand-written invitations have so much class ? and look! There?s even a shade of pink to match the fabric of the bridesmaid?s gowns!?
    Oh, goodie! Tahiri said to herself, laughing nervously.

[face_laugh]

?Now, what we really need to know is: do you have this style available in thank you cards, rsvp cards and gift registrations??

Remind me just to get married at the court house or something :p This is giving me a headache just thinking about it!

The young Jedi had to admit, though, she wasn?t at all surprised when Anakin had whisked her away for a private weekend on the infamous ocean liner, Aqualis Nebula, in the seas of Mon Calamari. At the end of their last dinner on board, Anakin had levitated the dazzling emerald ring at arms? length over the vast blue ocean around them, letting the dying sunlight catch the sharp edges of the stone, and dousing them in an ethereal green glow.

Aww [face_love] How romantic.

Suddenly, she was struck with a blissful thought: why didn?t she just tell Anakin the truth when she got back to their apartment tonight? There was really nothing stopping her from telling him that this whole ?big wedding thing? wasn?t her cup of cocoa, and that she would much prefer a smaller, more low-key ceremony, with a select few family and friends chosen by them and not his mother.

Definitely the way to go, IMO.

A grin began to spread from ear to ear at this thought, the first real smile she?d cracked since setting out with Leia early this morning. Yes, that was exactly what she would do; she would tell Anakin the truth, and put and end to this madness once and for all.
    It wasn?t like his mother wouldn?t understand in the end, right?

Uh-oh :p

Great post, Ant :D Very funny. I'm looking forward to seeing how the whole thing is resolved. I'm sure Leia is only trying to help, but Tahiri needs to learn to speak up for herself. She probably just doesn't want to hurt Leia's feelings or get things off on the wrong foot.

Anyway, this is a neat idea for a viggie series. And I loved all the beautiful descriptions!

Post more soon :D

16. Thrawn McEwok

Thrawn McEwok Co-Author: Essential Guide to Warfare star 6 VIP

May 9, 2000
    I'm sorry, Ant, but I'm on Leia's side here. I'm not saying that Tahiri should embrace the pain completely, and utterly ignore her own tensions and need for space; but she should look at Leia, and see a woman who has dreams and needs of her own, too - and who invests them in her son, rather than her fiancée.

Is a wedding worth a broken heart? Anakin is hers for the rest of time; this is Leia's last chance to say she loves him... I'm sure they can find a way to work together on this!!

Sorry.

[face_peace]

- The Imperial Ewok

17. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Cute viggie!!! Monster-in-law???? [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

Congratulations on your nuptial plans [:D]

This does mean, though, that any and all WIPs have to be done before the BIG Day!!! [face_mischief] [face_mischief] ;)

18. Jedi-Ant

Jan 3, 2007
    YodaKenobi:

I don't know how I missed this update! Sorry I'm late. But I'm playing catchup today

That?s ok, I think I forgot to send out PM?s for this one, anyway. [face_blush]

Congratulations!

Thanks. :D Though, I?ve been engaged for 4 years now? just have never gotten around to actually ?marrying? because of all the interference.

"a flock of genetically whitened Bo-wings carrying glittering stardust particles" Brilliant! And a great description as well.

Thank you! :D I?m so glad you enjoyed that part.

Wow, speaking of wonderful descriptions... Well done!

Aww.. [face_blush] Thanks.

Remind me just to get married at the court house or something. This is giving me a headache just thinking about it!

Tell me about it!! :p I thought all this stuff would be fun, but I was wrong. I have a headache most weekends now, and that?s why I?ve hardly had time for posting and such of late. :(

Aww How romantic.

Thank you. :) There is a little bit of hopeless romantic in me somewhere? even if it is hidden under layers of angst! 8-}

Definitely the way to go, IMO.

Mine, too.

Uh-oh

You said it!

Great post, Ant. Very funny. I'm looking forward to seeing how the whole thing is resolved. I'm sure Leia is only trying to help, but Tahiri needs to learn to speak up for herself. She probably just doesn't want to hurt Leia's feelings or get things off on the wrong foot.

I think you?ve got Tahiri?s fears down-pat there. I?m glad you enjoyed the post. I tried to make it a little light-hearted to break up the depressing sort of theme to the whole thing. :p Thanks for reading!

Anyway, this is a neat idea for a viggie series. And I loved all the beautiful descriptions!

Thank you very much! [:D]

Post more soon

I sure will. I almost have the next one finished, so it should be up this weekend. And I have all of the other vigs already planned in note form, so converting the words to a fiction shouldn?t take very long at all.

Thanks for your interest in this.

Thrawn McEwok:

I'm sorry, Ant, but I'm on Leia's side here. I'm not saying that Tahiri should embrace the pain completely, and utterly ignore her own tensions and need for space; but she should look at Leia, and see a woman who has dreams and needs of her own, too - and who invests them in her son, rather than her fiancée.

I see what you?re saying there, and I?ve already responded in PM, so I won?t write it all down again. 8-} I?m lazy.

Is a wedding worth a broken heart? Anakin is hers for the rest of time; this is Leia's last chance to say she loves him... I'm sure they can find a way to work together on this!!

Sorry.

You don?t need to be sorry, I?m just glad you read this! :) As for working things out, well, you?ll see what happens in the end, and hopefully it will appeal to your desire to have everyone happy. ;)

Thanks again for reading and replying. [face_peace]

Jade_eyes:

Cute viggie!!! Monster-in-law????

Thanks. :) Glad you liked it.

And yes? Monster-in-law? funny, but sadly true. My Leia in this doesn?t even come close to mine in RL, so Tahiri?s a lucky girl, really. :p

Congratulations on your nuptial plans

Thank you! :* [:D] Though we haven?t set a definite date yet..

This does mean, though, that any and all WIPs have to be done before the BIG Day!!!

Well, I shall indeed try to get them all finished by then! [face_blush] It won?t be until next year, and probably towards the end of it, so I still have plenty of time to finish everything off before the big day. :D

Thanks for the well wishes! [face_love]

Ant. ]-}

19. Jedi-Ant

Jan 3, 2007
    VIGNETTE # 3:

Title: They Call It Wedded Bliss... (Part # 2)
    Timeframe: A post-NJO AU.
    Genre: Angst/Drama (+ some humour and of course, romance... mush!)
    Characters: Tahiri, Anakin, Leia + others.
    Summary: Most call it wedded bliss, but Tahiri has another name for it...
    Notes: This is the second part of the Anahiri Wedding Series I started last month, featuring Anakin and Tahiri after the disasterous day of wedding planning with Leia.

They Call It Wedded Bliss... Part 2.

Anakin could tell by the eerie silence coming from the lump laying opposite him that Tahiri wasn't asleep. The petite blonde was doing her best to make him think that she was, but what she didn't know was that Anakin had watched her sleep so many times over the years, and had consequently become accustomed to the little oddities of her slumber.

This was how he knew she was faking; Tahiri was rarely quiet when she was awake (it was a well-known joke between the Jedi that she could actually talk under water without the use of a robotic aide), and because she was such a flamboyant character during the daylight hours, it seemed only fitting that this trait continue when she was asleep.

Tahiri made a soft, squeaking noise when she slept. It wasn't a snore as such, but it came close. Anakin thought of it as his fiance's way of keeping her vocal cords finely tuned for the next day's oral gymnastics, and had grown so used to the sound that he doubted he would ever be able to sleep without it. The sound was so distinctly Tahiri, and just like the rest of his blonde Jedi, Anakin loved it dearly, and wouldn't trade her little quirk for all the credits on Coruscant.

She wasn't making that adorable sound now: she wasn't making any sound at all, in fact, just laying on her side and facing away from him, her gaze fixed on the dark shadows dancing across the far wall from the dim light of the bedside lamp that was still glowing on Anakin's right. He sent out a gentle mind probing through their force bond to make sure she was ok, but all the young Jedi met was an impenetrable, invisible wall. Tahiri had somehow erected it over the course of the evening without him realizing it, and though he was sure he would be able to break though her defences eventually, it would take a considerable amount of pressure to do so; something that would only manage to upset her further.

That was what this was all about, after all - Tahiri was upset about something, very upset, and she obviously didn't want her fiance to know, hence the silent treatment and harsh mental blocks. But Anakin was a Solo by name and attitude, and he had learnt from his father early on in life that the best way to tackle any problem was head on: usually with all guns blazing.

Granted, when his father had taught him that rule, he'd never met or even heard of a young girl called Tahiri Veila. Had they both known of her fiery persona back then, they might have decided to re-think the basis of said rule.

Even with the fear of distressing his partner, and the likeliness of ending the night in a bitter row, Anakin chose to put his father's rule into action and leant across the still body next to him, taking care to breathe his words in her ear as if he believed her to be resting.

"Tahiri? Love, is everything ok?"

There was no answer, but he hadn't expected one; at least not to start off with. In the silence that followed, the young man could have sworn he heard a slightly heavier exhale of air come from her rosebud lips. A sigh, perhaps?

He tried again, a little louder this time, and added the softest of touches down the length of the tense muscle in her neck. "Tahiri, my love?" She didn't respond at first, but shivered just a fraction under his soothing fingers. It wasn't an obvious reaction; to the untrained eye, she might not have moved at all, but to Anakin's highly tuned Jedi vision, it was as if a rabbit ha

20. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Thanks for the PM. :) This was yummy in the mush department. Sweet. :) :D

I really think you're the tops at A/T. :D

21. Jedi-Ant

Jan 3, 2007
    [face_blush] Aww, thanks, that's very lovely of you to say. [:D] :D

I'm glad you liked the mushiness of it. :) This was a fun one to write, one of my favourites.

Thanks for reading. [:D]

Ant. ]-}

22. YodaKenobi

May 27, 2003
    This was how he knew she was faking; Tahiri was rarely quiet when she was awake (it was a well-known joke between the Jedi that she could actually talk under water without the use of a robotic aide), and because she was such a flamboyant character during the daylight hours, it seemed only fitting that this trait continue when she was asleep.
    Tahiri made a soft, squeaking noise when she slept. It wasn't a snore as such, but it came close. Anakin thought of it as his fiance's way of keeping her vocal cords finely tuned for the next day's oral gymnastics, and had grown so used to the sound that he doubted he would ever be able to sleep without it. The sound was so distinctly Tahiri, and just like the rest of his blonde Jedi, Anakin loved it dearly, and wouldn't trade her little quirk for all the credits on Coruscant.

Aww [face_love] [face_laugh]

It's only fitting that Tahiri tries to talk in her sleep :p Perfect, Ant!

She wasn't making that adorable sound now: she wasn't making any sound at all, in fact, just laying on her side and facing away from him, her gaze fixed on the dark shadows dancing across the far wall from the dim light of the bedside lamp that was still glowing on Anakin's right. He sent out a gentle mind probing through their force bond to make sure she was ok, but all the young Jedi met was an impenetrable, invisible wall. Tahiri had somehow erected it over the course of the evening without him realizing it, and though he was sure he would be able to break though her defences eventually, it would take a considerable amount of pressure to do so; something that would only manage to upset her further.

I love all the descriptions here of the room and Tahiri's mental barriers.

"I know you're awake," he said in a mock-accusatory tone. "There's no sense in pretending further."

[face_laugh]

Tahiri quirked an eyebrow at this but still kept her mouth firmly shut, her lips forming a tight line across her small, rounded jaw. Even though he knew this was a very serious situation, and that there was something genuinely wrong with his partner, Anakin couldn't help but notice how beautiful she looked at this particular moment. Her hair was all tousled and sitting loosely on her bare, tan shoulders, and the raised scars on her forehead that had once been so hideously alien to him now stood out in cool contrast to the rest of her features, creating a perfect frame for the pair of glittering emerald orbs resting beneath.

Lovely descriptions of Tahiri here as well [face_love]

It was not a threat exactly; Anakin didn't want a repeat of the last time they'd spoken so seriously, but he didn't want Tahiri thinking he was going to let her clam up so easily. Four months earlier, shortly before their engagement, he had been forced to go on a mission with Jedi Master Durron and his juvenile apprentice, Lorien. They had been instructed to spend a month undercover at one of the few known bases of a separatist political group, suspected of consorting with a dangerous new breed of bounty hunters in a bid to take out the current Chief of State and gain control of the senate and all of its allied worlds.
    Needless to say, it had certainly been a mission of substantial risk, and Tahiri had been understandably livid when he'd told her exactly what his task would entail. It hadn't helped matters that the job had coincided with the holiday they'd planned - a week on the Aqualis Nebula, coincidentally - the first vacation for them in more than a year.
    Tahiri had put up a front during the ensuing argument, falsely stating that it was the ruined holiday plans that were affecting her most, when in actual fact, she was terrified that he wouldn't make it back to her, and that they'd never get to make their relationship stable in the "official" sense. That, he'd had to pry out of her using a force technique his elder brother, Jacen, had shown him, something which had only resulted in adding to his girlfriend's infuriation at the time. After that night, she'd not spoken a word to him un

23. Jedi-Ant

Jan 3, 2007
    YodaKenobi:

Aww

It's only fitting that Tahiri tries to talk in her sleep. Perfect, Ant!

:D

Thank you! And I thought so, too. :)

I love all the descriptions here of the room and Tahiri's mental barriers.

Thank you very much! [:D]

Lovely descriptions of Tahiri here as well

Thanks. :D I had a lot of fun with this one.

Aww, poor Tahiri. It must be tough to be a Jedi in Luke's order. You're allowed to have attachements, but obviously, those are going to suffer with the demands of the job.

Yeah, it would be tough. Having partners to come home to, but in the same breath, having partners that you're not sure will come home 9 times out of 10. I guess it'd be much like having a partner in the army these days... the fear of not knowing whether they would make it home in 5, 6 or even 24 months would just be awful. :(

Ouch

He's pretty blunt when he wants to be, our Anakin. [face_plain]

Great descriptions, again. I particularly liked "tears streamed over her heated skin."

Thank you. :*

Anakin's such a smoothie. Been taking lessons from Uncle Lando, I think

LOL! [face_laugh] A little bit of Lando and a little bit of Han, I think... certainly not his uncle, though. :p

Moment of truth time

Indeed. [face_worried]

*phew* That went well. I'm so glad Anakin didn't get offended by what Tahiri said.

Yeah, me too. :) Although, because I already have a plan of how this series is going to pan out, I had to give Tahiri and Anakin a little respite from all the drama. :p At least for one night. [face_mischief]

Aww

:)

Great post, Ant! Lots of emotion in this one. Loved the way Anakin was noting all of Tahiri's little idiosyncrasies. It gave the post a very real sense that these two have been together for a long time and are in love. I was really glad to see them work things out, but I have a fear things will not go as smoothly with Leia. I'm not sure why, but given the first post, I'm afraid Leia is going to take Tahiri's request personally.

Thank you so much, mate! [:D] I'm so glad you enjoyed this one! I have to admit, it's definitely one of my favourite vignettes (in terms of the ones I've written since joining the boards), and I had so much fun playing with their relationship and fleshing out all the little bits that made them work so well together. [face_love] This is what I wanted from profic... before I found out it was never going to happen. :(

As for your fear that things with Leia won't go as planned... that's a very good assumption. i did leave a pretty big hint in the very first vignette of this series how Leia perhaps might handle a confrontation about her the wedding planning, but you'll just have to wait and see exactly what happens in the next post. ;)

Anyway, this post was really well-written. The interaction between Anakin and Tahiri was terrific, and I really liked how much they communicated without words.

[face_blush] Wow, thanks. :D I just love them both so much, and always get such a kick out of writing them together. They really are perfect, aren't they? [face_love]

Can't wait to see what happens next

I'm glad you're excited! :) I have the next one halfway complete, and I also have the one after that about halfway done as well, so there shouldn't be a huge delay in the posting of these. I've been so inspired with this series lately that I've been jotting down ideas like mad, and I'm really happy with the way they're all shaping up, so I hope you'll enjoy the ones to come as well. :)

Thanks so much for reading and replying! [:D]

It happens sometimes, I think, particularly if you type your fics in MS word, I think. A year or so ago, ever piece of punctuation on the boards (past and present posts) changed to question marks

:eek:

That would have been hilarious!! [face_laugh] Painful, time-consumi

24. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    Great posts!!! I loved them :) I completely sympathise with Tahiri -- having someone else plan your wedding must be a disaster. Good luck with yours!! [:D] And thanks for the PM -- I know I'm really late replying [face_blush]

25. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    UP!! And HUGS!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.