main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Ant's Anahiri Vignette Thread - Vig # 4 is up - 10/03/07! Replies Up 10/28/07!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Jedi-Ant, Jul 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi-Ant

Jedi-Ant Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 3, 2007
    NYCitygurl:

Great posts!!! I loved them I completely sympathise with Tahiri -- having someone else plan your wedding must be a disaster. Good luck with yours!! And thanks for the PM -- I know I'm really late replying

Thank you. :) And don't worry about being late, it's fine. I'm just glad you read and enjoyed them. :D

Jade_eyes:

UP!! And HUGS!!

Aww, thanks sweety! :* I have the next two of these almost finished, so I guess I should just pull my finger out of my proverbial backside and get them done and posted. :p

Thanks for the up, and for your interest in my stories! [:D]

Ant. ]-}

2. Jedi-Ant

Jan 3, 2007
    VIGNETTE # 4:

Title: They Call It Wedded Bliss... (Part # 3)
    Author: Jedi-Ant.
    Timeframe: A post-NJO AU.
    Genre: Angst/Drama (+ some humour and of course, romance... mush!)
    Characters: Tahiri, Anakin, Leia + others.
    Summary: Most call it wedded bliss, but Tahiri has another name for it...
    Notes: This is the third part of the Anahiri Wedding Series I started a few months back, featuring Anakin and Tahiri after a disasterous day of wedding planning with Leia.

The story continues...

They Call It Wedded Bliss? Part # 3:

Leia had tried hard to give her daughter-in-law-to-be the space she?d requested; she?d done her best to back off and leave the wedding planning in the hands of the happy couple, but right now, as she sat in her parlour sipping on the finest Alderaanian tea, she was just about through with peaceful compromise.

?No, no, absolutely not! You cannot put Lando and Tendra there!?

To her ears, her tone was harsh and condescending, but if Tahiri noticed this, she made no indication of the fact, replying with her usual air of wide-eyed innocence. ?Why not? I was under the impression the Calrissians were quite close to Karrde and Shada.?

Leia pursed her lips in an amused smirk as she took a long, purposeful sip of warm tea. The former politician was on the verge of relinquishing the promise she?d made to her youngest son over lunch last week, but for the sake of continued passive family interaction, she decided to hold her tongue; for now, at least.

?The Calrissians are quite close to Karrde and Shada,? she responded, keeping the tone of superiority in her voice to a bare minimum. ?They are not, however, as close to Karrde?s associate, Jasper Ana, who?s already been placed at the same table as her boss.?

?But surely they could all get on for one night?? Tahiri pressed on, clearly determined to get her way no matter what.

It was this raw insistence that made Leia crack. While before she might have only been on the verge of cracking, after that last display of wanton disregard for her expertise on the matter of family relations, the royal found she could no longer continue with the charade Anakin had forced her to play. Standing to her full height of almost six feet, she towered over the sitting form of the young blonde and downed the rest of her herbal drink in one mouthful.

?I realize you haven?t been a part of this family for long enough to know all of the subtle nuances of those closest to us, but that doesn?t mean you need to be so ignorant as to discount a suggestion of mine, especially when it has to do with the happiness of a family I?ve been a part of now for almost half a century!?

The little blonde drew back ever so slightly, and Leia?s first thought was that she?d gone too far with that speech. This fear was short-lived, however; Tahiri?s large eyes soon narrowed to almost non-existent slits as she glared at the tall woman standing in front of her, and her usually angelic lips twisted at the corners into something quite sour and not at all attractive.

?Ignorant? Me? Of you and your family?? She scoffed loudly and threw her head back in a mirthless laugh. ?I have done nothing but bend over backwards for you and your suggestions, as you call them; I?ve done nothing but think of the happiness and well-being of your family ? my family, in a few weeks? time, might I remind you ? but all you?ve done is overlook any and every idea that I might have had for my wedding, so if anyone is ignorant in all this, it?s you!?

By this stage, Leia was positively seething with restrained anger - anger that was about to become unrestrained pretty quickly.

?Let?s take a closer look at the situation before we go throwing back insults of who?s the more ignorant, shall we?? she said smugly, setting down her empty porcelain tea cup and glowering at the girl opposite her.

Tahiri made no move to retort, so L

3. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Thanks for the PM. :)

Wow! I'm speechless, except to say that usually Leia acting this way would be totally OOC, but given the premise of the plot, her actions fit. I just hope your own "story" doesn't hold such a major blow-up. o_O Some things just.... Sorry just don't cut it!! [face_worried] But in this update, both of them burned some serious bridges!! :(

4. Kidan

Kidan TFN EU Staff star 5 VIP

Jul 20, 2003
    Allright, I've just read through the Wedded Bliss series, and I have to say that you've done a great job on them. Especially the Tahiri/Leia relationship there in #3.

Great, great job!!

uhm...actually, Mara could pulled along into huge wedding plans just as quickly...

5. Jedi-Ant

Jan 3, 2007
    Jade_eyes:

Thanks for the PM.

You're welcome. :)

Wow! I'm speechless, except to say that usually Leia acting this way would be totally OOC, but given the premise of the plot, her actions fit. I just hope your own "story" doesn't hold such a major blow-up. Some things just.... Sorry just don't cut it!! But in this update, both of them burned some serious bridges!!

Yes, they did do some serious damage to their relationship. [face_worried] I'm glad that you thought Leia's character fit with the story, because I did have to twist it a little and make her OOC to have this all work in the way I wanted. :p

As for my RL story, thankfully I haven't had a blow-up like that yet, as I'm a little more afraid of confrontation than I think Leia and Tahiri would be.

Hopefully things with these two will calm down in later updates, but I have a few other things planned before than can get to the "mending bridges" part. ;)

Thanks for reading and reviewing, dear! :*

Kidan:

Allright, I've just read through the Wedded Bliss series, and I have to say that you've done a great job on them. Especially the Tahiri/Leia relationship there in #3.

Great, great job!!

Aww, thanks Kidan! [:D] I'm really glad you're enjoying them all so far, and that you're liking the characterizations and relationships between them all. :D

Thanks for reading and stopping by! [face_peace]

Ant. ]-}

Next up is another Anakin & Tahiri scene, followed by a few updates involving some characters we haven't yet seen yet.

This coming A/T scene, however, promises to be a little less "sweet" than the last one. [face_mischief]

Thanks for reading, and I hope you'll all enjoy it when I manage to get it up (probably within the next week or so, as it's almost finished now).

Thanks for the support!

6. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    Wow!! Poor Tahiri :( I can't believe Leia got that angry . . .

Great post!! Dying for the next one :D

7. YodaKenobi

YodaKenobi Former TFN Books Staff star 6 VIP

May 27, 2003
    Sorry I'm late [face_blush]

Leia had tried hard to give her daughter-in-law-to-be the space she?d requested; she?d done her best to back off and leave the wedding planning in the hands of the happy couple, but right now, as she sat in her parlour sipping on the finest Alderaanian tea, she was just about through with peaceful compromise.

I was really hoping we'd get Leia's POV in one of these posts :D Nice to get her side of the story.

?But surely they could all get on for one night?? Tahiri pressed on, clearly determined to get her way no matter what.
    It was this raw insistence that made Leia crack.

Sounded more like a question than insistence :p Leia needs to calm down.

?I realize you haven?t been a part of this family for long enough to know all of the subtle nuances of those closest to us, but that doesn?t mean you need to be so ignorant as to discount a suggestion of mine, especially when it has to do with the happiness of a family I?ve been a part of now for almost half a century!?

:eek:

?Ignorant? Me? Of you and your family?? She scoffed loudly and threw her head back in a mirthless laugh. ?I have done nothing but bend over backwards for you and your suggestions, as you call them; I?ve done nothing but think of the happiness and well-being of your family ? my family, in a few weeks? time, might I remind you ? but all you?ve done is overlook any and every idea that I might have had for my wedding, so if anyone is ignorant in all this, it?s you!?

Oh SNAP! :eek:

By this stage, Leia was positively seething with restrained anger - anger that was about to become unrestrained pretty quickly.

Force-lightning coming? [face_thinking] :p

?Let?s take a closer look at the situation before we go throwing back insults of who?s the more ignorant, shall we?? she said smugly, setting down her empty porcelain tea cup and glowering at the girl opposite her.
    ?If you had been a little less ignorant,? she began,

[face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

Lando and Jasper had a teensy? altercation, which resulted in Lando being throw rather unceremoniously off a hotel balcony wearing nothing but a pair of bright pink galoshes and a strategically placed cowboy hat.?

[face_laugh]

Oh, man, spin-off fic, please! [face_laugh]

?I?m actually not as unobservant as you may think, Ms Veila, so I had noticed that the family table was rather full. But,? Leia said smoothly, dragging another pair of holographic heads over the display, ?if you take Mara and my brother and sit them at Karrde?s table, everyone will be happy. After all, Mara used to work for Karrde, so it?ll be a good opportunity for everyone to catch up.?
    She took pleasure in watching the tips of Tahiri?s ears turn a vivid shade of fuschia at the undermining of her plans, not even feeling a hint of remorse as the girl spat a cutting reply her way.
    ?The family table is meant to seat just that ? family! You don?t think Luke and Mara aren?t going to be the smallest bit upset that you?ve got Lando and Tendra sitting with you, while your own brother is shoved off to the side with smugglers and the like??

Leia's not going to be making any friends in this fic. She's being really rude :(

Quite frankly, she was rather looking forward to having it out with the opinionated little whippet.

Ouch.

"I wouldn't feel comfortable having family that should be sitting with us at the head table, shuffled off to the other end of the room," she continued pompously. "And seeing as this is my wedding -"
    "That's not the least bit selfish!" the princess mumbled under her breath snidely.
    "What was that?" Tahiri asked, a little too sharply for Leia's liking.
    Her face widened in a tight, grim smile. "Oh, I think you heard me all right."
    "If you're insinuating that my wanting of a wedding that's to my tastes is selfish, then -"
    "No, there's no insinuations," she replied simply. "That's exactly what I meant."

[face_laugh]

It's horrible, I know, but I'm really enjoying this verbal sparring sessio

8. Lightsaber123

Lightsaber123 Jedi Master star 3

Aug 31, 2007
    That's it.

The Wedding is off!

It's over, Solo! <Can anyone say Evil mother in law!>

Tahiri can always find happiness with Ben. ;)

9. YodaKenobi

YodaKenobi Former TFN Books Staff star 6 VIP

May 27, 2003
    Ben is like 8 or 9...

10. Lightsaber123

Lightsaber123 Jedi Master star 3

Aug 31, 2007
    C'mon.

What's ten years' wait for true love?

And c'mon...

Are you so cruel as to leave Tahiri with an evil mother in law? For shame!

11. Jedi-Ant

Jan 3, 2007
    [Saves place for replies]

I have the new post up and running, but I'm going to move this vignette series to its own thread, as I think it's kinda over-taken the idea I had for this thread a little (I only wanted to have vignettes, but this series has sort of turned into a short story).

So, I'll create the new thread and re-post all the old "Wedded Bliss" ones there, and then post the new one.

But keep a look-out in this thread for your replies to the last one, and any future Anahiri Vignettes I do that only last for one post. :p

Thanks for the support, guys, and I hope you like the new post! :)

Ant. ]-}

12. Jedi-Ant

Jan 3, 2007
    Sorry I?m late with these! [face_blush] I plum forgot I hadn?t done them until now! :oops:

NYCitygurl:

Wow!! Poor Tahiri. I can't believe Leia got that angry . . .

Great post!! Dying for the next one

Thank you. :) Yeah, poor Tahiri? as you already know, things just got worse for her, too. :(

Thanks for reading!

YodaKenobi:

Sorry I'm late

That?s fine. Sorry I?m late with the replies! [face_blush]

I was really hoping we'd get Leia's POV in one of these posts. Nice to get her side of the story.

Thank you. :D Yeah, it is good to see Leia?s side? I?m trying to mix it up and have a different POV every update, although of course Tahiri and Anakin will get the most page time in POV terms. :p

Sounded more like a question than insistence. Leia needs to calm down.

She?s jumping the gun a little, isn?t she?

Oh SNAP!

LOL! [face_laugh]

Force-lightning coming?

If things keep heating up like that, perhaps? :p

Oh, man, spin-off fic, please!

I?m working on one for you? I?ll dedicate it to you, seeing as you asked for it so nicely. O:)

Leia's not going to be making any friends in this fic. She's being really rude

Yeah, she is. [face_plain] I?ve worried a few times whether I?ve made her too rude.. but then I remember I warned at the beginning she would be slightly OOC..

Ouch.

It?s getting quite personal now. :(

It's horrible, I know, but I'm really enjoying this verbal sparring session

LOL! [face_laugh] And I enjoyed writing it! What does that say about me? [face_worried]

I like show she didn't refute the other parts

LOL, yeah, pretty cruel of her. [face_mischief]

Really great descriptions throughout, and I especially like this one.

Thank you! [:D]

She called her old!

One of the worst things you can say to an old person. :p

Wait? did I just call Leia old, too? 8-} :D

Holy ****!

Did I shock you there? [face_batting]

What an evil place to leave this story, Ant! I can't believe Leia punched Tahiri. I really never saw things getting that bad. This has obviously become a very emotional and intense conflict. If I were Tahiri, Leia wouldn't even be welcome to the wedding now

No, she wouldn?t be welcome if I were Tahiri, either. [face_not_talking] Glad I shocked you with the punch. [face_devil] I really wanted to bring things to a head between those two before the next section starts? this is where the fun begins! [face_mischief]

This is really going to be tough on Anakin and Tahiri. I hope that Tahiri just tosses the whole thing out and has a small, spur-of-the-moment wedding or something with zero stress.

That would be a smart move. And as for the stressed on Anakin and Tahiri, I think you already know how this fight affected them [face_plain]

Great post, Ant. Can't wait to see how this works out.

Thank you very much! [:D] Thanks for reading and reviewing!

Lightsaber123:

That's it.

The Wedding is off!

It's over, Solo! <Can anyone say Evil mother in law!>

Tahiri can always find happiness with Ben.

Yeah, evil mother in law, indeed! :p

And as for Tahiri and Ben? he?s still very much a young boy in this fic, so I don?t think that will be happening, sorry. Maybe check out some Beniri if you like that ship.. there are a few good ones on the boards, I must admit. ;)

Ant. ]-}

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.