main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Sth Bend, IN Any 3 3/4 figure collectors out there?

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by AugiesMunicipalBand, Apr 24, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AugiesMunicipalBand

AugiesMunicipalBand Jedi Youngling

Dec 28, 2000
    I am sure there is. Where have you all been successful find old, new, whatever figures. Did area Targets ever get the Skiff or
    Y-Wing?

2. Xmaveric

Xmaveric Jedi Master star 5

Nov 25, 2000
    I am not a collector myself, but I have seen some vintage Kenner toys, and other SW collectables at buymetoys.com in the Scottsdale Mall. Do live near South Bend, Augie?

3. BaseDeltaZero

BaseDeltaZero Jedi Master star 4

Mar 5, 2001
    I have quite a few but I don't go out of my way to get them.

Does anyone have any 2000 Hallmark ornaments they want to get rid of? I am missing a couple.

I have been thinking about selling my flash tubes also. I won't have time to make sabers out of them for a long time so somebody may as well make use of them. Just kidding. Payback for the "fake" lightsaber.

4. KnnOs

KnnOs Jedi Master star 2

Feb 8, 2001
    you don't get "payback" on that! It was STOLEN off KnnOs's corpse. KnnOs was smart enough to realize that was a possibility, and he took precautions.

5. AugiesMunicipalBand

Dec 28, 2000
    Haven't lived there in a few years Xmaveric but I make it back from time to time.

6. Kawphy

Kawphy Jedi Master star 4

Aug 17, 1999
    I'm a collector, but not a very serious one - I would never check how much my collection is worth - and I almost NEVER keep anything in box. I feel that any good collection should be played with :)
    That being said, I have a few cool pieces in my collection (mostly gotten at Goodwill). I have a vitage boba fett, vintage luke skywalker, vintage han solo, vintage snow trooper, and, uh, a couple other vintage characters I think. They were in a bag of random action figures at goodwill for $2 ;)
    I also have r2 with holographic leia, got it from the field museum last year. I have 2 y-wings (and one of those is one, I think the only, item that I do still have in box) from target. I have a lot of ships, from (2) a-wing, (3) x-wing, tie, vader tie, (2) millenium falcon, queen ship (got it, complete, from goodwill for $9 just after it was released), sebulba and anakin pods, snow speeder, a couple incomplete slave 1's, 4 ATATs (2 complete, 1 near complete, 1 without legs), naboo starfighter, etc...
    Again, nothing is worth anything because I believe in playable value - but it makes for a large and impressive collection nonetheless. I've also got lots of micromachines to fill it all out and make the collection look bigger. And of course I have tons of other items, small ships & speeders, action figures, stuffed animals, size 4 boys underware, etc.

7. Xmaveric

Nov 25, 2000
    Well Kawphy, that's a pretty impressive collection to me! My collection includes some plasic lightsabers, an interactive Yoda, all of the Tales of the Jedi comics, all of the New Jedi order Books, and my newly acquired Star Wars RPG Rulebook. I went to Buy Me Toys today, and it was a struggle to resist the dark side. They have tons of vintage kenner toys, cardboard stand-ups, and a nive comic collection. Luckily, I left there only spending $12. (although, at one point, I had over $100 of merchandise in my hands :) )

8. BaseDeltaZero

Mar 5, 2001
    I know what you mean. I go into KB Toys everytime I'm at the mall. They always have figures for $2-3 and other things on sale all the time.

I have some vintage SW stuff but don't really know for sure what I have. My parents got a divorce when I was like 11 and my Mom put alot of our stuff in storage. We have yet been able to pilfer through it. I remeber having a turbolaser that blew apart (like the ones on Hoth) and the big Darth Vader figure case. But that is all I remember. Maybe a Millenium Falcon.

I have a wide range of collectables from Hamilton plates, pewter figures, action figures, Darth Vader "dolls", a miniture Darth Vader helmet that is really cool, a couple Graflex flash tubes, a pair of LaserTag blaster pistols, some limited edition pins, and numerous other things. I also have a 1977 poster, and a E1 poster of Anikin standing by the hut with the Darth Vader shadow.

I too would not want to add together all that I have. I have an extra Daurth Maul interactive bank if someone is interested. I would like to get the Obi Wan and QuiGon bank but I can't find them anymore.

9. KnnOs

KnnOs Jedi Master star 2

Feb 8, 2001
    I have one of nearly all the POTF setsave for some minor omissions, a few of the EP I stuff, nearly all the vehicles, save for the Queen's ship and the Falcon. The only things I've kept in the box are some multilingual cards, english and french Vader and Luke with longsaber, and this defective Obi-Wan, which has an oddly short saber. (maybe we shouldn't discuss personal problems on the boards, hm?)

I have every novel that's not a juvenile series BUT The Last Command and that's beginning to piss me off.

I have a small but propud collection of first editions and rare books, including a first edition British "Revenge of Han Solo"

and I have, and I have, and I have...

I also have a big ass

10. BaseDeltaZero

Mar 5, 2001
    I'm glad to see that we can open up on the South Bend Forum.

11. Xmaveric

Nov 25, 2000
    Um...no.

12. AugiesMunicipalBand

Dec 28, 2000
    Okay.....back to the original question. Where have you had success finding figures and did anyone find the skiff or y-wing at Target?

13. JediJeff13

JediJeff13 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 27, 2000
    I scored the Skiff at Target. Also the 12" Speederbike. Never, EVER saw the Y-wing, and I doubt I'll even glimpse the B-winng this summer.

Exclusives suck. So do big @sses. :)

14. Xmaveric

Nov 25, 2000
    Hey Jeff, did you acquire one of those R2D2's with holo Leia from Penguin?

15. Empyre

Empyre Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 25, 2000
    That's how I got mine.

I don't have much, The A-wing, B-wing, X-wing, and Tie Fighter Legos, a R2D2 with holographic Leia, and last a gold Yoda can from Pepsi.

16. Kawphy

Kawphy Jedi Master star 4

Aug 17, 1999
    Oh yeah, I have pretty much all the legos too...
    And yeah, as I said I have two of the exclusive Y-wings.

17. KnnOs

KnnOs Jedi Master star 2

Feb 8, 2001
    Well excuse me for having a big @ss

I have most of the original trilogy legos save for the falcon, the Large Collector's X-wing and Interceptor

18. Xmaveric

Nov 25, 2000
    I have a Jar Jar Binks card board stand-up that talks when you walk by!

19. Empyre

Empyre Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 25, 2000
    I had a large Jar Jar figure. I do not any longer. I used it in experiments to see how effective the skin of an aquatic figure is at absorbing shots from a 9-mil slug-thrower.

Yes, I dislike him that much.

20. Xmaveric

Nov 25, 2000
    When I got runner-up in MN survivor, BobbaFemme sent me a collector card of Jar Jar.

21. Xmaveric

Nov 25, 2000
    Oh, Knnos, did I mention that I collect Wookiee scalps? They go well with my Mandalorian Armor

22. BaseDeltaZero

Mar 5, 2001
    Their heads look good on a wall to.

I have a Vader cardboard standup that somehow ended up in my car from Pizza Hut. :D

23. Xmaveric

Nov 25, 2000
    I have a really kewl Star Wars screen saver that I got from http://www.desktopstarships.com

24. BaseDeltaZero

Mar 5, 2001
    I got a Series 2 Darth Maul that my brothers dog ate..anyone interested? It's mostly there..

25. Xmaveric

Nov 25, 2000
    I've got the Phantom Menace PC game.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.