main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Tucson any and everything for our september meeting begins here

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by cathiecat, Aug 23, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cathiecat

cathiecat Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 24, 2005
    We can discuss anything important for our Sept.5th meeting here.. such as anyone needing rides.. or wanting to know what to bring.. ect.. Look forward to seeing you there.

Bookman's At Grant and Campbell Noon-2pm

2. Dark_Lady_Jada

Dark_Lady_Jada Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 7, 2004
    OK, what are we going to be discussing as far as official stuff?

I know in the past we've talked about planning for Halloween and Christmas so let me put up an agenda that can be added to:

• Halloween/December Holidays planning
    • Banner for this forum
    • Upcoming SockFest to be hosted by TFF/Dark_Lady_Jada in the SoWest Regional Discussion Forum

Anything else? Let's here it.

3. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    We need to discuss the possibility of Halloween night being an all nighter party because of the release of Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith, arrival on DVD and Star Wars Battlefront II, the sequel to the most successful Star Wars game ever, arrival on Xbox, Playstation 2, Windows PC and Sony PSP gaming and computer systems.

This is hard for me.. as I won't even be in town from Oct29-Nov4 as I spend every Halloween with my kids in Arkansas.. but I still want us to have a great time.. obviously my not being a part of the festivities is very upsetting for me.. I thrive on these sort of gatherings.. but I hope we can plan something great and entertaining for everyone.

Also... anyone interested in a group gathering at Borders for the release of Star Wars- Dark Lord - The Rise of Darth Vader on November 22. I know I definitely plan on being at the bookstore, this is a book I have been waiting years to read. I so hope it is worth the wait.

4. Dark_Lady_Jada

Dec 7, 2004
    MY list! My beautiful list!!!!!! :_|

5. dialswiftjustice

dialswiftjustice Jedi Master star 4

Jul 12, 2005
    Cool, well I'm going to try and be at the meeting for the whole thing. As far as subjects, I'd like to see some costumes, or pictures in costume, and Im going to bring some FX sabers for all to play with. Anyone make a saber they can bring? Im starting my first one to hopefully I can have something basic for critique by the meeting.
    Line ups? I was wondering if we are going to discuss line ups for the DVD, where and when and if in costume? If in costume, hopefully somewhere where theres media coverage
    If anyone needs a ride fromt he NW side let me know Im pretty sure Im gooing to get that day off altogether, plus we are packing and shopping for our first house.

Oh and anyone bringing snakcs?

6. Dark_Lady_Jada

Dec 7, 2004
    I'll bring some snacks. I'll also bring my original costume that I made for an AU/EU character I created "Queen Marnew". AND I'll bring my lightsaber. You can take a look at that. I didn't make it but its pretty neat.

James, if you bring yours I'll bring mine . . . kid that is :p They can entertain each other. ;)

7. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    I'll bring snacks as well.. I loved the popcorn last time btw. I will also do my best to bring our costumes and props. Since I don't work on that day let alone the day before.. should be easy enough for me this time.

8. hal9k1

hal9k1 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 22, 2003
    I will TRY to attend, its right in the middle of my day at work (7:00 am - 3:30 pm) and then a Class (3:30 pm - 5:30 pm). If I do attend I don't know if I can bring any popcorn or tableware 'cause I will be arriving from work. normally I would jsut take the rest of the work day off but because I have to come back to work to get better edjmacated I'd rather not leave. But I will try, hope this is OK.

9. Dark_Lady_Jada

Dec 7, 2004
    Are you working on Labor Day?

10. Jamesmorbidia

Jamesmorbidia Jedi Youngling star 1

May 16, 2005
    Sure I'll bring the spawn. Sounds like fun.

11. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    such a shame to have to work labor day. I thought most people would be off of work and school.. and that would guarantee our successful gathering on a holiday.

In any case Hal.. you do what you have to do.. as always work and RL has to come first and foremost.. we wouldn't have the money to even have a club if we did not have jobs. which brings to mind something I would like to say..... I plan on bringing this up at the meeting as well.. but no time like the present.

In these trying days of high gas prices and inflation .. I would like to ask our members to support one another in our jobs and areas of expertise.. such as the fact that we have members that work at BORDER'S, PAPA JOHN'S, IHOP, QUICK-PICK, and various other service industry jobs. Certainly if you work at a job that depends on customer's mention it to us.. so we can support your place of business.

12. timstephens4

timstephens4 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 10, 2005
    As of this moment, I am planning on being at the meeting. I don't know if I can bring food, money is running a little short after making my tuition payment. See y'all there.

13. Mugen

Mugen Jedi Padawan star 4

May 7, 2005
    New job, I have thrown the pager onto I-10!!!!! I have weekends off now and evenings too. I plan on being there on the 5th, with bells.....and lightsabers on. ;)

14. Dark_Lady_Jada

Dec 7, 2004
    Woohoo, glad to hear it Mugen.

Cathie I talked to hal and he will be there. :D

15. dialswiftjustice

Jul 12, 2005
    I just confirmed I am going to be there. Ill bring my CABoots Jedi boots I told yo aboutt a tth last meeting Cathie and a coupl of FX sabers to play with. I have the materials for a new EL ligthsaber (my first) but probably will not have it together ebfore the meeting.

Anyhting else I can bring?

16. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    So that's why I have not been able to reach you on your cell. Some other guy keeps answering your phone!!!

17. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    yea!!! So many of us. I can't wait. Keep me on my toes.. a week from tomorrow!! I have to iron tunics!!

18. hal9k1

Dec 22, 2003
    Uh, ummmm, duh! I'm not working, it's labor day so I won't be working for the man, ugh, oops, slaving away for scraps, ugh! I did it again, I meant to say working.

:)

19. hal9k1

Dec 22, 2003

Congratulations on the name, I saw it's up and official.

Description: FanForce Chapter: Tucson, Arizona - "Two Suns FanForce"

20. Synsaber

Synsaber Jedi Youngling

Jun 25, 2005
    Curses! This will be the second meeting I miss, as, sadly, I must work. Ugh...weather takes no holiday.

'Course...it IS double-time...so that part's not so bad...

SMR

21. Dark_Lady_Jada

Dec 7, 2004
    You'll be missed. :(

22. Dark_Lady_Jada

Dec 7, 2004
    EVERYONE!!!!! Please go to the thread below for information on what we will be doing to help the Hurricane Victims!!!!!!

~~~~~~check this thread~~~~~~

EVERYONE PLEASE BE THERE TO HELP!!!!!

23. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    If you have missed the above post from DLJ... please note.. the meeting for labor day is now going to be an officially FF sactioned event. We will be holding a Hurricane Katrina Victims Relief Fund Drive.. please refer to this threadfor the details.. I am praying we have a huge turnout.. let anyone know that you come into contact with.

24. dialswiftjustice

Jul 12, 2005
    Thats awesome Cat, are we advertising to the public? It is kind of short notice but I'd be all for a Star Wars themed charity event!

25. Mugen

Mugen Jedi Padawan star 4

May 7, 2005
    Cath..i/m'med you with the new number. So the meeting is on the 5th which is a Monday?? Arent we doing the fund raiser that day?? (pardon me..but its late and I am tired)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.