main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Montréal Any Anglophones in here?

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by DacksII, Apr 9, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DacksII

DacksII Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 27, 2002
    Francais apres...

Just wondering if there were any other anglophone quebecers on the JC. It just seems that all the posts in here are in french. Nothing against french quebecers, but I'm not that fluent, and would still like to chat with fellow montreal sw fans.

Salut, je voudrais savoir s'il y a des autres anglophones quebecois dans le JC. Il parait que tous les postes ici sont en francais. J'ai aucune chose contre les quebecois mais je suis pas vraiment "fluent" (capable dans la langue), mais je voudrais parler avec des autres "fans" de SW en montreal.

Oh by the way, my real login name is Dacks, I was banned for a day for playing the gauntlet.

Et aussi, mon vrai nom de login est Dacks, j'etais banne (banned) pour un jour pour jouer le "gauntlet".

2. KepowOb

KepowOb Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 4, 2001
    Im english too :].

3. DacksII

Mar 27, 2002
    Cool. You planning on seeing AOTC opening night in montreal? Is the SithClan setting something up?

4. Uilmuteiz

Uilmuteiz RSA Emeritus star 4

Dec 4, 2000
    please tell me i'm dreaming.. !!! ;)

Yeah we are

go there and sign up

http://www.attaquedesfans.com/sortie.php?ID=14

we are seeing it in english don't worry.

5. DacksII

Mar 27, 2002
    Ah I wish I could. Unfortunately I made an oath to two friends long ago that we would see all three prequels together on opening night. This year the only way we can accomplish this is in Boston.

Nonetheless, I will check out that site, to see if anything interesting is going on.

BTW, did anybody go to that Star Wars convention they had in Montreal a few years ago? They had David Prowse, the mon mothma chick, and showed the holiday special. Anyone? Bueller?

6. KepowOb

Nov 4, 2001
    Well, have fun in Boston. I hope you have a good time. Be sure to check this place out though, most people speak a bit of english from what I can tell, so thats not really a problem.
    Hope I see you around here more often :].

7. DarthKillaaa

DarthKillaaa Jedi Youngling

Mar 12, 2002
    Yeah im an anglophone
    =)

8. darthcleo

darthcleo Administrator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 8, 2000
    well, some of us are bilingual ;)

And yes, some of us were at EmpireCon, I or II, or both...

;)

9. Uilmuteiz

Dec 4, 2000
    He's speaking of Empirecon I, Empirecon II didn't had Prowse or Blakiston.

If I went.. V.I.P. both cons, and that's where I was nicknamed: Superfan

so ... ;)

and please do come along more often. it will be our pleasure to discuss star wars with you.

10. Dacks

Dacks Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 3, 2001
    Are you kidding me? When was empirecon two?

My memories of empirecon 1:

Holiday special. So bad so bad.
    "Dan Solo" offering us the use of his collection for the filming of our stop-motion comedic retellin of ANH. He had a card and everything.

The Star Wars chess set.

Trivial pursuit game. We didn't enter because we thought the competition would be too good. But turns out we each (3) would have probably made the finals. Oh well.

Go HABS!

11. KitFist0

KitFist0 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 10, 2001
    yeah im anglphone as well . . :)

12. Uilmuteiz

Dec 4, 2000
    Empirecon II took place in november 2000

and Last october we had the New Alliance convention in Quebec.

They were all great

sorry you missed them.

13. Dacks

Nov 3, 2001
    Jeez I need to get more in touch with these conventions.

I checked the sithclan website. How did you manage to set that all up? I mean not having to line up and such. Cut a deal with somebody. And secondly, the south shore? Just jokes.

go KOIVU!!

14. LeoAioria

LeoAioria Jedi Youngling

Apr 11, 2002
    Hey did you get the name Dacks from Luc's pilot friend?

15. Dacks

Nov 3, 2001
    Yep.

I used to go by Wedge, but that was just to mainstream. So I chose Dack, and have hypothesized a story about his possible survival at Hoth. See: snow ghost of hoth.

And Chris Dacks was the name I put on a fake id when I was 16, so it kinda stuck.

16. LeoAioria

LeoAioria Jedi Youngling

Apr 11, 2002
    I bet you thought that name was clever! Whats the number (II) for? Face it pal, Dacks is dead.

17. LeoAioria

LeoAioria Jedi Youngling

Apr 11, 2002
    I see... I didn't read the message you wrote earlier saying that you were banned. Still the name Dacks seems kind of stupid to me. I would have kept the old name. At least you wouldn't look as bad.

18. Dacks

Nov 3, 2001
    Didn't quite follow you there.

I should have kept my old name? Which old name? Wedge? And how do I look bad?

There are a few reasons I switched.
    1) Dacks doesn't immediately identify me as a Star Wars geek to other people. I use this name for ICQ and email, and it's my nickname among friends, sw fans or not.
    2) My name's Darren, so it does make a bit of a "nickname".
    3) You can't really make fun of "Dacks" but you can make fun of "Wedge". and people did.
    4) You have to be somewhat original. Everybody loves Wedge!

PS Dack is not dead. If the EU can bring Boba Fett back, I can bring Dack back.

19. LeoAioria

LeoAioria Jedi Youngling

Apr 11, 2002
    Are you kidding? Who cares about some loser named Dack? You can't compare a bounty hunter to some crapy pilot. Wedge is better than Dacks because it's a bit funnier. Dacks is just dumb. Get a new name.

20. Dacks

Nov 3, 2001
    Thanks for your opinion. I'll completely ignore it. By the way which bounty hunter are you talking about?

Look I'll let this slide because you're either a newbie or a sock. In the first case, I've learned its not polite to bash other peoples name, and if the second case, get a life. Who makes a sock just to bash somebody's user name?

Who throws a shoe?

21. KepowOb

Nov 4, 2001
    Why are you bashing this guys name for no reason? I don't see anything wrong with Dacks myself, its no better than my, or your name IMHO. Wedge is an over used name and is probably already taken on every big SW message board, resulting in even less original versions like Wedge03 and Wedge_938 etc...

Anyway, I don't want to start an argument/debate, I just don't get why you are putting down his name? You have no grounds to do so (that I can see).

22. Dacks

Nov 3, 2001
    News alert - LeoAioria is a big time loser - and he happens to be my housemate.

23. LeoAioria

LeoAioria Jedi Youngling

Apr 11, 2002
    huh? what kind of insult is that? Housemate? Look... I'm not trying to insult you personally, I just think you should change your name. Please stop using personal attacks. I'm new here and am just trying to have a pleasent conversation.

24. Dacks

Nov 3, 2001
    Watch, LeoAioria will soon say
    "I am Dacks housemate".

25. LeoAioria

LeoAioria Jedi Youngling

Apr 11, 2002
    i am not dack's housemate

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.