main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Any Archives?

Discussion in 'Communications' started by aceldama, May 17, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aceldama

aceldama Jedi Youngling

May 17, 2011
    I have a question, and hopefully I can get some guidance one way or another.

First off, I hope this is the right place to post. Seemed to be the only one related to the actual website (though my question also could be PT-related, so that might have been better). If this is the wrong place, if someone could direct me where to post, I would appreciate it.

Additionally, I did searches and reading of some boards before I posted, and I didn't see this addressed. If it was addressed, I apologize for this post. I legitimately just didn't find any info in my searches.

I am curious if there is any archive for theforce.net on the website. I have found a few limited examples, such as the rumor progression for Episode 1's name. Also, a few others bits of information can be found in the sections for TPM, but it's very sparse. Much sparcer than I remember the rumors were originally. For example, I remember when Amidala and Padme were being talked about, but it wasn't known they were the same person at first.

Anyway, as you probably already understand from this book I've written, I am trying to find out if theforce.net kept all former rumors anyplace.

Thank you for any reply, and sorry for the length. I tend to get long-winded.

2. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    If you haven't found it already, check out our Inactive Forum section. The standalone Phantom Menace board is there and you might find some speculation in that forum. TPM was before my time here (2002 joiner) but I know the boards went through software changes around 2000 and I'm not sure what survives from prior to then. Grimby (our Head Admin) or some of the long-time posters might know more.

3. Grimby

Grimby Technical Consultant & Former Head Admin star 7 Staff Member Administrator

Apr 22, 2000
    You might also want to try the Way Back Machine if you're looking for archives of the old TFN main site. Other than that, I know that the old UBB boards from pre-2001 are archived somewhere (don't have a link handy).

4. Skiara

Skiara ~• RSA FFC •~ star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 5, 2002
  5. Grimby

Grimby Technical Consultant & Former Head Admin star 7 Staff Member Administrator

Apr 22, 2000
    That's the one!

6. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    hmm, once you get in there and try to click on any threads the links are all broken. did they get moved somewhere? [face_worried]

7. Grimby

Apr 22, 2000
    No, they're still there. You just have to manually change "theforce.net" to "www1.theforce.net" in the URL after you click on a thread.

8. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    oh wow, a whole new world. reading the immediate reaction to tpm is amazing.

http://www1.theforce.net/forum/Archives/Archive-000001/HTML/19991111-7-002531.html

sorry, i won't derail this thread anymore.

9. Everton

Everton Chosen One star 10

Jul 18, 2003
    Threads from nearly 13 years ago. tbh... wow.

This place, almost, has proper history. It's something of an Internet treasure.

10. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    [face_laugh]

That made my day...

11. Grimby

Apr 22, 2000
    Wow, is it bad that I remember that thread?

12. aceldama

aceldama Jedi Youngling

May 17, 2011
    Heh, whoops.

I forgot I posted this, so never saw the replies. Remembered when looking for something else.

For those that did reply, thank you.

Grimby The Hutt came the closest. I was looking for things that actually were posted on the original site itself, nothing to do with the forums at all. Just like how the front page right now has it's newest stories listed, the rumors were posted the same way, originally.

And, yes, I actually did try the Wayback Machine, but nothing there. At least for the earliest rumors. Wasn't old enough.

As an example, here is the list of rumors about the title of TPM:
    http://www.theforce.net/episode1/oldPreq/title.html

It's available in the main dropdown menu for Episode 1. (titled "old TFN") But, it only show title rumors.

Oh well, it's probably all just lost to time.

Thanks again.

13. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    So many language edits are needed... :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.