main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Any Buying Regrets?

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by JCfromGC, May 15, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JCfromGC

JCfromGC Jedi Youngling star 1

May 9, 2005
    I just started collecting SW figures about two weeks ago and I just recently decided to open them (except for Anakin-dooku saber,and Target Exclusive trooper found today)and I was wondering who had any buyers regret when they opened their figures like i did when i opened Palpatine #35.

I started collecting to recreate every EPIII battle but when i opened Palpatine I was disappointed that you cant move his right arm up because of the "lightsaber slash". Also somewhat disappointed with his legs that are underneath his cloak.

2. Woofer

Woofer Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 27, 2001
    Regrets on opening? No.

Regrets on poor playability in the design of some figures. Yes.

3. DarthMak

DarthMak Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 4, 2001
    I regret opening the 12 inch General Grievous.

4. JCfromGC

May 9, 2005
    Yeah i was talking about buying regrets because of poor playability/articulation. One other would be the Jedi Kick Obi Wan because he cant stand without the base because of his stupid unbendable leg and a leg that wont stay straight.

I am pleased with my Clones-Gunner,SA,Commander but i havent decieded which ones to buy dupliactes of for a small army (6-8).

I would also like to hear "opening" regrets".

What buying regerts specificly have you had so far?

5. PhantomMenace

PhantomMenace Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 20, 2001
    The thing about figures is that you can't regret buying them until it's too late. It's pretty much impossible to know how good a figure will be unless you've seen someone else's or what someone had to say about it. I try not to dwell on figures I regret getting... they're just figures.

With that said, I regret having bought the Jedi Kick Obi-Wan, Exploding General Grievous, and Pregnant Padme figures. That's not bad considering that I've bought quite a few ROTS figures. I've been opening nearly all of the ROTS figures I've been getting because to me, this is the best Hasbro line to date. The quality (although poor on some figures and great on others) is more consistently good than it's ever been. I love this line.

6. Eight-Four

Eight-Four Jedi Youngling

Apr 3, 2005
    I regret buying the DLX Anakin/Vader. I really do not like that figure at all.

7. BobaFletch

BobaFletch Jedi Youngling

May 15, 2001
    Yeah, I agree: the 'Jedi Kick' Obi-Wan and the deluxe Anakin/Vader are my buying regrets.

I've got Anakin (as Vader) on my shelf with the rest of my ROTS figures - he looks OK apart from his brown arms and legs - but I've left loopy-leg in the cupboard.

That Obi-Wan was the first figure I bought (along with Anakin #2). I didn't even realise there were two versions of Obi-Wan when I bought him. I've learned much since then.

PhantomMenace - I'm happy with Up-The-Duff Padme; what other choice is there?

8. phoenix-jedi

phoenix-jedi Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 26, 2005
    I was very disappointed in the Mace Windu figure, I mean its cool he has his little slash attack but he is like a rag doll, every limb is TOO opposible. I can barely even get mine to stand up and it doesn't even have a base which is just horrible. I like Mace, but he needs a new figure.

I think my only other buying regret is just how much I spent. I mean I'm a die hard star wars fan but I went into this with a list of 7 figures that I wanted. When I left the store I managed to bring home atleast 20 now. I don't know why I bought them, I never intended to buy them, I still don't really know what happened. I think Lucas has some type of brain control scandal going down hehe.

9. LukesDestiny

LukesDestiny Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 28, 2004
    I regretted not buying the 2 Red Guards I seen in my local KB a few weeks back. Now I can't find them at all, not even the Blues.

I also regret not buying the Operating Table Anakin/Vader when I saw it on Saturday. I hid it and am goin back today after school.

I regret buying the deluxe Anakin/Vader as well. I can't get the Vader head piece on. Anakin's head won't stay down.

10. invisible66

invisible66 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 2, 2005
    No regrets on opening #41 Clone Trooper, it's cool as hell! It has 14 points of articulation and I love that it can be put into any pose. I think it's the best clone trooper by far.

11. cmdrwillard

cmdrwillard Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 6, 2003
    Yeah I bought a Toy fair Vader for alot of $$$ then watched his value dive when the new silver Vader cane out at TRU.

12. lukesky27

lukesky27 Jedi Youngling star 3

May 23, 2004
    I regret opening the EIII Battle Droid. Man, the Battle Droids for TPM were very nice with articulation, but AOTC ones were poor and would not stand up, plus hardly any articulation. ROTS are even worse...they will not stand up on the BASE!!! There are few points of articulation and they are very flimsy. The head falls off any time that you touch it and the arms will not support the weight of the plastic gun. The gun just falls right out all the time. GEESH! These things suck.
    Should of left it in the package!!!

Dennis

13. Siths_Revenge

Siths_Revenge Jedi Youngling star 7

Jul 27, 2004
    Maybe the C III figures. If I had known everyone and their dog was going to get one, I wouldn't have bought it.

14. JCfromGC

May 9, 2005
    "I regretted not buying the 2 Red Guards I seen in my local KB a few weeks back. Now I can't find them at all, not even the Blues. "

Yeah I regret not buying the Holo Yoda

15. MidnightRain

MidnightRain Jedi Master star 4

Jul 16, 2003
    I don't regret opening any of my figures -- it's the only way I'm able to have a collection. I don't have enough storage space to keep them boxed. Plus, it's pretty neat to have a Yoda action figure on my desk while I'm working. :D

16. Juke Skywalker

Juke Skywalker Force Ghost star 5

Mar 27, 2004
    I'm proud of myself this time around. I learned my
    lesson from AOTC. I just stuck to what I really
    wanted and forgot about completing.

I do wish that I could take back Padme with battle
    action Lamaze gear though [face_plain]

"Padme with 'Push, push, breath!' action!"
    (umbilical cord & midwife not included)

17. lukesky27

lukesky27 Jedi Youngling star 3

May 23, 2004
    I cannot fathom why Hasbro would create a prego Padme figure??? What kind of action figure is that? It is so confusing! If there are no babies to be born from the figure, then it is not an "action" figure. It has to do something to be an "action" figure.
    Sorry to rant here...I only bought the few that I really liked and wanted. The Battle Droid just ticked me off because it will not stand ON IT'S BASE without falling over. GEESH!!!

Dennis

18. StarkRhavyn

StarkRhavyn Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 11, 2003
    I regret waiting to get an Anikin figure until EpIII. I didn't like the dark eyes around one of them, and I didn't like all the clothes on the deluxe one. So I got the regular "Slashing Attack" one and I'm not too impressed with the arms.
    Now I wish I had an Ep.II one.
    Same goes for Windu. Wish I got the deluxe EpII with slash apart droid.

19. Just_Joe

Just_Joe Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 9, 2002
    I regret not buying 2 Red Gaurds on April 2nd. It twuz the last time I saw them. :(

20. Rebel_Spook

Rebel_Spook Jedi Master star 4

May 14, 2002
    I regret trying to be a completist for Ep1 and Ep2 figures. Now I have a few boxes of figures that I don't want and can't move to recoup even half my cost!

I also regret not getting into collecting Unleasheds when they first started!

21. jango_junkie

jango_junkie Jedi Master star 3

Apr 3, 2005
    I did not have the money to buy some of the hard to find figures for my friends last night. #41-44 were out at my 24hr walmart at midnight so I bought the ones I needed but did not have enough to by the chocolate wookie warrior and the Dooku Sabered Anakin for two of my friends. I posted on the boards and I know there is a scalper that snoops on our boards because this morning, the hard to find stuff was pretty much gone and I know that there were a ton of these figures on the pegs. I counted about 5-7 of each on the pegs. When they got there, the figures were hard to find, only a couple of Wookie Warriors left and Commanders. A couple of people from the fan club were there early about 5:00 a.m. and 7:00a.m.

22. Darth-Blix

Darth-Blix Jedi Youngling star 1

May 26, 2005
    well years ago when I was about 8 or 9 I got some figs for x-mas and so I opened them.
    but I was only young.

23. PadmeLeiaJaina

PadmeLeiaJaina Force Ghost star 6

May 23, 2002
    Over 10 years ago, when I was fresh out of college and broke, an antique shop had a billboard sized original ANH poster that they were selling for $300.00. Tag said that it came from someone who worked at the Ranch.

Alas, I had no money and next time I looked for it, it was gone :(

I should've seen if I could've put it on layaway.

24. cooltazz

cooltazz Jedi Youngling

May 27, 2005
    even if u open it.
    and u have the gun and lightsaber for it.
    it will still be worth money.

25. anakinvader101

anakinvader101 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 14, 2005
    I have a selling regret and that is selling my holo yoda

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.