main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Any Buying Regrets?

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by JCfromGC, May 15, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. weezer

weezer Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 16, 2001
    well years ago when I was about 8 or 9 I got some figs for x-mas and so I opened them.
    but I was only young.

How can you regret that?

They're toys I'm sure when you were 8 or 9 you had a ****** of a lot of fun playing with them. Thats the point of the line and collecting in general in my opinion, getting joy out of 3.75" chunks of plastic.

I don't regret opening and playing with any of my vintage figures. I was a kid, thats what I was supposed to do. Heck I carred that Boba Fett figure around so much that he's pretty much just solid blue now. Threepeo isn't gold anymore, he's that white opaque plastic that was underneith the gold.

And thats the way it should be, at least IMO.

2. IncomT65

IncomT65 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 28, 1999
    I wish I hand't bought the Obi-Wan, the Clone Troopers (with tri-pod) or the ESB Vader from the Saga line.

Without an action figure stand, they fall over at the slightest of tremor. Just a little movement of air is enough to make them fall down.

3. evildeadjedi

evildeadjedi Jedi Youngling star 2

May 28, 2005
    I regret not staying with the unleashed figs (I got helmeted vader and Maul back when they first came out and that was all at the time). I also regret not buying a boba fett unleashed that appeared at a comic shop 3 weeks ago for 14.99 that is now gone :(. I really regret not keeping my old figures or not keeping some back for an investment. Thats about it I guess you will always have regrets in almost anything but thats life.

4. Keyser_So_So

Keyser_So_So Jedi Youngling

Jan 28, 2005
    Well, I'm happy to have chosen the ones I've wanted to get and now I'm two purchases off my chosen collection (plain white Clone Trooper and Threepio, if anyone wanted to know).

BUT... I regret not grabbing some figures when I had the chance- holographic Yoda (I found someone selling it at a good price. But I thought I'd try and complete my collection first *d'oh*). Oh, and Anakin on Mustafar. I've got the better painted and better looking #2 Anakin, but I now quite want 'emo Ani'.

5. Darth-Blix

Darth-Blix Jedi Youngling star 1

May 26, 2005
    This one time I had the chance to get a Anakin #28 but didn't, instead I got a mace windu because I've always thought as him as a great character.

I should have gotten the Anakin because I had the Obi-wan Kenobi figure for the Mustafar battle between Master and Apprentice.
    But now it's nearly impossible to get in stores.
    I'll check Ebay or some other website for Anakin #28.

(by the way, I got this awesome Anakin #2.)

6. i_want_to_be_a_droid

i_want_to_be_a_droid Jedi Youngling star 3

May 31, 2005
    i regret buying 2 wookie warriors. they cant even hold the crossbow. if anyone is going to buy wookie warriors make sure u have some super glue. what made up for that waste of money were the destroyer droids, griev and his bodygaurds(3) that i bought.

7. k3po

k3po Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 21, 2001
    Regret not buying the unleashed Stormtrooper when I saw him at Target. One time, only time.

8. weezer

weezer Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 16, 2001
    I'll check Ebay or some other website for Anakin #28.

(by the way, I got this awesome Anakin #2.)

Why :confused:

Just wait. He is showing up in almost all of the unreleased waves and thats just the ones that get us to 56. I'm sure he'll be included in the next 15 too.

A little bit of paticence and you aren't paying scalper prices (as well as supporting them) ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.