main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Any chance at all the 20th Century Fox fanfare will still be at the beginning?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by CrAsHcHaOs, Nov 7, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CrAsHcHaOs

CrAsHcHaOs Jedi Grand Master star 2

May 7, 1999
    I know that 20th Century Fox will have absolutely nothing to do with these new movies. 20th Century Fox won't even distribute or finance them like they did with the first six movies. Believe me, I totally understand that. But man, it just won't seem like a Star Wars movie WITHOUT that famous 20th Century Fox fanfare at the beginning, you know what I mean? So you think there's any chance at all Disney could work out a deal with 20th Century Fox to use their fanfare at the beginning just for nostalgia's sake?

2. wookieepotpie

wookieepotpie Jedi Master star 1

Jul 5, 2002
  3. Wookiee_Vader

Wookiee_Vader Jedi Master star 2

Aug 21, 2007
    I hope so, but I doubt it. We'll get used to it anyway. It's a new era of Star Wars now, seems fitting to have something different.

4. Beaker416

Beaker416 Jedi Youngling

Nov 4, 2004
    Nope. There'd be no benefit to Disney if they were to do that. While I think it's a bit nostalgic, I don't think it'll take long to get over it.

5. Dranem

Dranem JCF Banner Contest Winner star 1 VIP - Game Winner

Oct 31, 2012
    That was one of the first thoughts in my head too (after the initial shock of the announcement wore off). According to sites like SlashFilm there is no chance of it happening. At least Disney could tweak their logo to fit a bit better like they did with Tron: Legacy.

http://www.slashfilm.com/your-questions-answered-disney-purchase-lucasfilm-star-wars-episode-7/

morrison85 likes this.
  6. Lars_Muul

Lars_Muul Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 2, 2000
    Agreed. That fanfare is imprinted in our minds as part of these movies, but I think we'll get over it the moment we see what they've done with the Disney castle. It's bound to be awesome!

"Now, you will experience the full power of Disney!"
    /LM

7. StampidHD280pro

StampidHD280pro Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 28, 2005
    For whatever reason, I'm imagining a Disney logo intro with the Force (Ben's) theme. Instead of a Fox fanfare.

And I won't miss the Fox fanfare.

8. The-Eternal-Hero

The-Eternal-Hero Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    None at all. New days ahead.

fishtailsam likes this.
  9. Senator Kelberry

Senator Kelberry Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 22, 2010
    Yeah definitely no Fox fanfare or music, I'm thinking. It'll likely be like the opening of the TCW movie was which had the Warner Bros. logo first and no fanfare. In fact, if Disney decides to distribute under the Lucasfilm label as well as produce under it, it could very well be that the movie will open simply with the Lucasfilm logo and nothing else before getting into the film.

morrison85 likes this.
  10. yggdrasil311

yggdrasil311 Jedi Master star 3

Oct 7, 2004
    I can see Disney coming up with something similar, but intertwining the typical Disney tune.

11. Bovo-vovo-vett

Bovo-vovo-vett Jedi Youngling

Nov 2, 2012
  12. DarthBrian

DarthBrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 9, 2002
    Not that I think there's a chance, but I did just see Lincoln earlier this week and the 20th Century Fox fanfare was in front of it even though it was a Touchstone/Disney release. Apparently they helped produce it.

That Bad Huh likes this.
  13. Dranem

Dranem JCF Banner Contest Winner star 1 VIP - Game Winner

Oct 31, 2012
    I remember seeing the Clone Wars movie in theaters and it was strange not to have it then even, plus the opening music was different.

14. DM99

DM99 Jedi Padawan star 3

Sep 26, 2012
    dont worry i will make the new intro myself!

it will have 20th century fox fanfare in it, and some more funny things.

it will be hilarious, trust me. ;)

15. VaporTrail

VaporTrail Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 19, 2002
    Disney fanfare.
    Just watch. It's gonna be a thing.

fishtailsam likes this.
  16. lord_eidolon

lord_eidolon Jedi Grand Master star 3

Feb 2, 2004
    Absolutely no chance of it happening whatsoever.

That would be like Stephen King writing a horror novel, spending 3 years of his life obsessing over it and pouring everything he had into it, and then putting 'Dean Koontz' on the front cover in giant letters.

Sorry about the analogy but it's the first thing I thought of.

17. the_sinister_hologram

the_sinister_hologram Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 3, 2012
    Disney will come up with their version of the logo (with music and everything) specifically made for Star Wars.

18. ezekiel22x

ezekiel22x Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2002
    It's just a form of opening credits, and given that Star Wars always went against that I think it makes sense to get all the branding requirements done with in the least intrusive manner.

19. Sethian Eber

Sethian Eber Jedi Youngling

Nov 4, 2012
    Agreed. It will most likely be the standard Disney logo with a Star Wars theme. That's the overhead shot of the Disney castle that pulls back to see fireworks while playing their wish upon a star music which I am going to guess will blend into SW music with SW aircraft flying in the sky or in the air, etc. Because that's what they do

There will be no 20th century Fox logo or fanfare (the one on the ANH blu ray is a 50s era recording which is why it sounds old) on the new films. After 2020 when Disney has distribution rights, there will probably be a logo on at least ESTB since Fox partially financed it after GL went over budget. ANH will always have a Fox logo since it's their film.

20. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    If anything, I would think that we might see a Paramount logo for distribution.

That Bad Huh likes this.
  21. Bazinga'd

Bazinga'd Saga / WNU Manager - Knights of LAJ star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 1, 2012
    I would actually like to see the terms of the acquistion agreement. I suspect there may be a provision or two in the agreement that may address film licenses and distribution requirements.

22. fenton

fenton Jedi Master star 4

Nov 29, 2001
  23. DarthMane2

DarthMane2 Force Ghost star 5

Sep 20, 2003
    Nope. I expect Disney to have a very Star Wars themed fanfare though. Probably the Jedi Temple in place of the Disney Castle. Perhaps a Death Star in the background. Something like that.

24. LawJedi

LawJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2009
    Nah, it'll be better than that. Imagine this, but with Star Wars imagery.

Sethian Eber and DarthBrian like this.
  25. kataja

kataja Jedi Master star 4

May 4, 2007
    This thread is SO a proof of how mushy we fans are! LOL It was one of my first "oh no's" as well. I think Nanci expressed it very well on Toshi station when she said that every time she hears a 20th Century Fox fanfare her heart jumps and she hopes for Star Wars and then has that flash if disappointment when it isn't. I have it exactly like that too! I'l miss it!

But as Law Jedi points out, Disney is making a nice job with the logo's. I saw John Carter the other day, and it was just the Disney castle in red light that fitted well with the story - the sound was just low drones.

LawJedi likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.