main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Any chance at all the 20th Century Fox fanfare will still be at the beginning?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by CrAsHcHaOs, Nov 7, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WhiskeyGold

WhiskeyGold Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 13, 2001
    The 3D re-release will have it. They are still under Fox until 2020 I've heard (fox keeps ANH forever)

2. LawJedi

LawJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2009
    Oh wow, I totally forgot about the John Carter logo.

3. WhiskeyGold

WhiskeyGold Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 13, 2001
    Why not just a cool Lucasfilms logo. Miramax was by Disney but pulp fiction didnt have the Disney logo.

4. Sethian Eber

Sethian Eber Jedi Youngling

Nov 4, 2012
    That is better. I forgot about that one and somehow had the Pirates one in mind. IMO, something like that with Star Wars is superior to the Fox logo/fanfare and nostalgia. So long as it says "A long time ago..." followed by the traditional crawl of course. Which it will

5. Chancellor_Ewok

Chancellor_Ewok Chosen One star 7

Nov 8, 2004
    I agree. I'm thinking a hologram or the Magic Kingdom Castle will kind of look like the Jedi Temple.

6. EviL_eLF

EviL_eLF Force Ghost star 5

Mar 16, 2003
    No there won't be a Disney logo in it's place either. Just as you don't see the Disney logo ahead of a marvel movie.

fishtailsam likes this.
  7. EviL_eLF

Mar 16, 2003
    ANH doesn't belong to fox, the ownership rights belong to Lucas Film thus now Disney.

8. DarthMane2

DarthMane2 Force Ghost star 5

Sep 20, 2003
    I think that's because Paramount still distributes the Marvel films.

9. LawJedi

LawJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2009
    Remember, Avengers opened with the Marvel logo, but also a (tweaked) Paramount logo, because of the lingering relationship from the prior Marvel movies. Technically, we don't know what a Disney Marvel movie will look like yet.

10. lord_eidolon

lord_eidolon Jedi Grand Master star 3

Feb 2, 2004
    Apparently Fox will retain distribution rights to ANH, but not the other 5 films.

I wonder how that would affect future boxset releases of the saga?

11. DarthMane2

DarthMane2 Force Ghost star 5

Sep 20, 2003
    Deals can and will be made I'm sure. Disney owns Star Wars, so they can show the films all they want. If they want to do box sets, they'll obviously have to make deals with Fox. Which I really can't see what the issue would be for them not to come to terms.

In fact I fully expect news that we'll get unaltered Blu-Rays in the next year.

12. EviL_eLF

Mar 16, 2003
    Distribution rights, sure...but that isn't film ownership. Just means fox gets money from it's distribution is all.

fishtailsam likes this.
  13. lord_eidolon

lord_eidolon Jedi Grand Master star 3

Feb 2, 2004
    Yeah. I guess a simple business deal would be sorted out. That's what these people do best, I suppose.

14. DM99

DM99 Jedi Padawan star 3

Sep 26, 2012
    All begins normaly with the fanfare/drums. 20th century fox Logo. The lights shining bright and the handmade background sunset drawing. Than a huge Hand with white gloves and just 4 Fingers pressing at the camera. All dark....

Fanfare stops abruptly.

Some Shots are hearable. the WILHELM Scream.

Hands get off camera and some Troopers which look like Donald Duck, Goofy, Pluto and a Moff like Cat Carlo waving a huge Disney empire banner infront of the fox logo.

Disney theme begins and an evil mouse laugh. an evil crazy mouse laugh. nhaha..hahah..nyahaha

lord_eidolon likes this.
  15. DV75

DV75 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 30, 2001
    There is no chance of the Fox fanfare showing up in the new movies.

Understandably so - Fox will not be distributing them anymore but now Disney.

I suspect we will have a modified Disney logo - like that of Tron - for Star Wars - which will lead into the usual Lucasfilm logo and THEN we will go to the Star Wars logo and theme with the usual crawl.

Say good-bye to the Fox fanfare.

16. -NaTaLie-

-NaTaLie- Force Ghost star 4

Nov 5, 2001
    I think part of the reason we're attached to the Fox fanfare is that it fits the Star Wars opening really well. I hope Disney will modify their logo and use a star wars theme. This way, it's going to be less jarring.

17. stellarmagic01

stellarmagic01 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 1, 2012
    Alderaan... they'll make the magic kingdom look like Alderaan.

LawJedi likes this.
  18. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
  19. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Brilliant, lad. Brilliant.

20. DM99

DM99 Jedi Padawan star 3

Sep 26, 2012
    seriously, that looks funny. But not awesome funny. It looks kinda weird funny. I dunno.

but nice work of course.

21. Teasser38

Teasser38 Jedi Youngling

Nov 1, 2012
    Take your pick...

Retro-80's Death Star has my pick. Check out the Fantasia 2000 intro at 1:25.

I dislike the big over the top CGI intros.

22. EviL_eLF

Mar 16, 2003
    They better at least have similar music with the logos...if it has to be different, fine, but try to get something along the same lines for the right feel.

23. Allana_Rey

Allana_Rey Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    I REALLY hope so! It'd be amazing in 2015 to see it come up on the big screen in a crowded dark theater then we see "A Long Time Ago in A Galaxy far far away..." it gives me goosebumps just thinking about it.

24. DM99

DM99 Jedi Padawan star 3

Sep 26, 2012
    They should make an Disney Intro with Lucasfilm Style (Green light, magic sparkles, silver and gold). And replace that Lucasfilm name. Its not needed anymore.

The brand Lucasfilm is not needed anymore. They can use the Style for Disney Logo!

25. artooo

artooo Jedi Master star 1

Nov 6, 2012
    If YOU spent $4 billion on something would you put another company's logo on it?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.