main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Any chance at all the 20th Century Fox fanfare will still be at the beginning?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by CrAsHcHaOs, Nov 7, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sum-Wan

Sum-Wan Jedi Master star 4

Feb 16, 2013
    I'm not sure about the legality of it, but the fan edits I've seen were not done for profit, and the website where I found them warns you that you should not download the material if you don't already own the original source material.

Force Smuggler likes this.
  2. QsAssistant

QsAssistant Jedi Master star 3

Apr 13, 2011
    I don't really feel anything for the 20th Century Fox fanfare. I may feel a little sad when I actually see that it's not there... but as long as we get Jar Jar Binks humming "Wish upon a star" it will make the pain go away.

Lee_ and Grievousdude like this.
  3. jasman

jasman Administrator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 29, 1998
    I just hope no one in the film looks at a droid and says "Bad Robot!"

Sum-Wan likes this.
  4. Grievousdude

Grievousdude Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 27, 2013
    It will feel weird not having it there but I'll get over it.

5. mes520

mes520 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    Yes, I will miss it. It will be sad and strange not having it there

6. DarthKreVass

DarthKreVass Jedi Grand Master star 3

Dec 27, 2008
    I will miss the fanfare because it will be a nine episode saga now, and only the first six will have the Fox fanfare. It's surely an abrupt change for the last three episodes, but on the other hand, who cares because we get to finally have these episodes. :)

Force Smuggler likes this.
  7. Darth Punk

Darth Punk JCC Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 25, 2013
    Sometimes When I miss the MGM lion roar, I sneak up behind people on the street and recreate it. I did it to an old lady at a bus stop once, and she almost had a grabber - classic.

TigerCraneFist likes this.
  8. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012

9. Beezer

Beezer Jedi Master star 4

Jul 5, 2013
    People need to realize that there is absolutely ZERO chance whatsoever this is going to happen. Why in the world would Disney do this? Why in the world would they forfeit tens of millions of dollars in rights and licensing fees to a competitor to perform services they are capable of performing themselves?

This argument kind of reminds me of the people who thought there was a chance Star Wars would stay with Dark Horse instead of going over to Marvel once the existing contracts expired.

StoneRiver and Mystery Roach like this.
  10. CrAsHcHaOs

CrAsHcHaOs Jedi Grand Master star 2

May 7, 1999
    Haha! Wow. My thread is still going. Cool. :D

But after reading through all of your responses, I guess it won't be so bad after all with not having the 20th Century Fox fanfare. In other words, I'm over it. It's all good. :cool:

11. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Yeah, there's really no way that the 20th Century Fox fanfare will play at the beginning of a movie that has nothing to do with 20th Century Fox. As long as we're all (finally) on the same page regarding this (whether it makes us sad or not), there's not much else to discuss on this. Locking. [face_peace]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.