main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Any chance for more prequel references/content?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by haterofnone, Jan 14, 2016.

1. haterofnone

haterofnone Jedi Padawan

Dec 21, 2015
    I'm not talking about a reference like a quick mention of clones, a Naboo senator thats killed within seconds or armor made for a character that did jack squat all film, but I mean a real throwback. Say the Resistance get a hand on battle droids or old Trade Federation ships or even a visit to Coruscant or Naboo? I heard the director enjoyed the prequels (if not the director, someone with high influence) so do you think there will be more throwbacks?

2. littlewaves

littlewaves Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 19, 2008
    I like to think Snap Wexley still has Mr. Bones.

In seriousness I think the whole "republic capital/senate shifts around" was an intentional plot device to keep Coruscant from being destroyed so that they could use it in future

jainasky and Rhyoth like this.
  3. Zikri

Zikri Jedi Master star 2

Nov 21, 2012
    Definitely. Rian Johnson liked the prequels so I think there will be for sure. Besides, Anakin pretty much has to show up at some point just because of the story that's unfolding.

4. D'an

D'an Jedi Master star 4

Apr 21, 2014
  5. littlewaves

Apr 19, 2008
    I don't really see how Anakin HAS to show up? I'm not saying he won't. I just don't think there's anything to imply that he might other than discarded concept art.

jakeskywalker65 and Blazer-Smith like this.
  6. Trooper100471

Trooper100471 Jedi Master star 3

Oct 20, 2015
    Battle droids. In the words of a newly "born" Barth Vader.... "Noooooooooooooo!" If I here a "Roger Roger" or see a battle droid in VIII, I will feel the great foundation they have created with TFA will start to crumble before my eyes...

7. Blastaar

Blastaar Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 25, 2015
    hopefully they find some young female togruta jedi who's been frozen in carbonite for about 60 years..........

8. Darth_Voider

Darth_Voider Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 4, 2015
    That doesn't fit with Star Wars Rebels. ;)

thejeditraitor likes this.
  9. fenton

fenton Jedi Master star 4

Nov 29, 2001
    Probably not.

Since Disney bought Lucasfilm they have really shifted to the focus to the OT and ST. I doubt they go back to an era that, at best, is viewed with mixed emotions by most fans.

10. Blastaar

Blastaar Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 25, 2015
    ok, not 60 years, but we'll just say "decades". Maybe for being under so long, her hibernation sickness is perm.

PlagueisWise likes this.
  11. PlagueisWise

PlagueisWise Jedi Knight star 3

Feb 28, 2015
    I actually think fan sentiment is changing. It seems to me that the fans you're referring to are mainly the older ones who grew up on the OT. People like me, who were just entering their teenage years during the PT era don't have nearly as many problems with them as the media makes it out to be. I think most of the hate is sort of an echo chamber effect from the media. I would wager over the next decade or so that we'll see a renaissance in terms of appreciation for the prequels.

And someone else may be able to correct me if I'm wrong here, but how are reviews/viewership of Rebels compared to Clone Wars? I had heard that Rebels wasn't doing as well and I think that's an indictment on broader interest in the OT era now.

ThisHurricane likes this.
  12. Lord Miggler

Lord Miggler Jedi Knight star 2

Feb 6, 2013
    I think if they of do it will only be in reference to the Jedi Order, possible force ghost appearance by either Yoda, Kenobi or Anakin or maybe a planet. Just where they are from a timeline perspective it would be difficult to throw in references to an era none of the characters experienced and have very little knowledge of. Then stylistically and aesthetically they've already shown what they are aiming for in TFA, one more in keeping with the OT, although I hope we see more newer ships designs that retain that look and feel.

13. ThisHurricane

ThisHurricane Jedi Knight star 3

Mar 9, 2015
    Force ghost Anakin, old podracer/pt ship/battle droid just lying around. And Jar jar. I'd like to see any of these or all of them.

14. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    With the little hints on Reys parentage recently, I think they are going to play with the wider history than TFA did. It's going to get a bit of Anakin and Padme and Obi-wan.

15. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    If they delve more into Anakin and Skywalker lineage and all that, I think PT references will be unavoidable.

16. zam wesell2005

zam wesell2005 Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 23, 2015
    Force ghost Anakin is happening.

17. wilyen

wilyen Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 11, 2016
    Most likely. The only thing i don't see returning mentioned is midichlorians.

18. Dameron

Dameron Jedi Master star 4

Apr 8, 2014

FINN: She's alive. And in perfect hibernation.

(Rey pulls out her blaster and shoots the side panel of the carbonite block, which shatters into sparks.)

FINN: She's dead.

REY: My trilogy, girl.

Blastaar likes this.
  19. Vector-Prime

Vector-Prime Jedi Master

Aug 9, 2005
  20. littlewaves

Apr 19, 2008
    I hope and pray she gets offed in the forthcoming Rebels duel with Vader. Not becasue I've anything against the character. I just think there are too many saber-wielding* characters in that era.

*Note: I didn't say Jedi because I don't want to be bored to death by the "Ah well technically she's not..." crew.

21. Strongbow

Strongbow Force Ghost star 5

Nov 6, 2014

I think there is almost no chance for that. <shrug>

TooMuchBBQ likes this.
  22. ThisHurricane

ThisHurricane Jedi Knight star 3

Mar 9, 2015
    Why?

23. Strongbow

Strongbow Force Ghost star 5

Nov 6, 2014

Because that era is now nearly 60 years in the past. Any references we get will be fleeting. We COULD see a visit to world from the PT, but I wouldn't really consider that a reference or content. If we see battle droids, or a fleet of prequel-era ships, it would turn a lot of people off. When Johnson was speaking about something in the PT being "beautiful," I think he he was referring to something less tangible, and more about themes.

24. Blazer-Smith

Blazer-Smith Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 28, 2004
    Not a chance the PT will ever be viewed as anything else but meh. Crap doesn't turn into diamonds just because it's nostalgia.

Both animated series are poor indicators of interest in any of the movies because they're both somewhat underwhelming (I say this as a fan that has watched all episodes of both series.)

25. littlewaves

Apr 19, 2008
    I think he was being diplomatic ;)

I agree though that with the PT being so long before it doesn't make sense for much other than planets and species to reappear.

I'm still holding out for Mr. Bones though if only to annoy the Aftermath haters!

Blazer-Smith likes this.