main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Any chance for more prequel references/content?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by haterofnone, Jan 14, 2016.

1. Evetssteve10

Evetssteve10 Jedi Knight star 4

Sep 21, 2015

Mark in ANH is what i call the Paul Walker effect. He isn't really a good actor but he has such a relatability and charisma you feel like you know him, but it's for different reasons with Hamill. I did think he developed as a more nuanced actor in V and VI as you do.

2. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
    not really. tfa has plenty of callbacks as does rebels. the kids shows like sw lego are a complete mishmash of the saga.

Dagobahsystem likes this.
  3. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
    your opinion is just that. your opinion.

4. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Consider this the only warning against "PT vs OT vs ST" and/or "bashing" idiocy. Some people have been warned about this so excessively that the bans for it will last months just to rid us of the burden of repeating ourselves.

5. R.D.

R.D. Jedi Master star 3

Nov 26, 2015
    Expect maybe a battle droid's head somewhere, or perhaps a mention of the Clone Wars, or something minor like that--there's not going to be Natalie Portman's ghost showing up or anything. Besides, by TFA, the prequels are fifty years in the past; their quality aside, anything too overt would feel a bit forced.

Besides, you have all the Marvel comics and novels currently coming out that are stuffed with random prequel callbacks (like Leia jumping into a Naboo fighter!)

6. Dameron

Dameron Jedi Master star 4

Apr 8, 2014

Yes. There is a certain charisma, a likability factor, that is needed to be a good action hero — something different than general-purpose acting skills. Hamill has that.

PlagueisWise likes this.
  7. Evetssteve10

Evetssteve10 Jedi Knight star 4

Sep 21, 2015

I'm so glad you didn't make fun of me for saying the Paul walker effect, and actually agreed!

Dameron likes this.
  8. Prequel Jedi Master

Prequel Jedi Master Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 31, 2015
    A lot of the themes will most likely be central to the story moving forward....

Look at the story arc of the first 6 movies.

The saga starts with the Jedi locating a Jedi birth at the hands of the Sith. Anakin grows up and wants to be all powerful and to learn to stop people from dying. Palpatine wants to learn immortality. Darth Plaguies knew this through being a powerful Sith. Qui-Gon learned to become one with the force and taught Yoda and Obi-Wan (and eventually Anakin. See a pattern?

And now in Episode VII, we have Obi-Wan communicating with Rey at some point. Snoke (who is probably Plagueis) living an unnaturally long life. "Darth Vader" is still alive to Kylo Ren. What else could Luke be searching for with the Temple if it isn't something to unlock immortality?

This is the only logical direction for Disney to go with the new movies. It continues the story of the Skywalker bloodline. The prequels will be part of the story moving forward....

SkyloRey likes this.
  9. kip73

kip73 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 30, 2003
    Just going with my gut here... I don't think we'll be getting much in the way of PT references, but I'd be willing to bet money that we could see Force ghost Anakin, and possibly Obi-Wan or maybe even Yoda as well.

Which would be mad cool. Imagine Anakin talking to Kylo Ren about the mistakes that he's making? We know now that Ben/Kylo really looks up to his grandfather... even moreso than he looks up to Snoke. Such a conversation could make for memorable Star Wars, and good cinema in general.

10. Dameron

Dameron Jedi Master star 4

Apr 8, 2014

The secret to purple lightsabers.

ThisHurricane likes this.
  11. MovieMaster

MovieMaster Jedi Knight

May 12, 2013
    Finally, someone saying this that isn't me.

SkyloRey and PlagueisWise like this.
  12. JoshieHewls

JoshieHewls Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 16, 2013
    JJ Abrams bothered to bring in Ewan McGregor to provide Obi-Wan's voice in Rey's vision, and we still have people trying to convince themselves that Disney's going to stay away from the prequel era? Come on, folks.

13. CarboniteSolo

CarboniteSolo Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 11, 2013
    What about Naboo, perhaps Padme's grave site? I know nobody knows her in this sequel trilogy, but I think it would be a nice touching scene with Luke and Leia, especially after hearing about her in ROTJ. Can you imagine Luke and Leia on Naboo? That would be crazy!!

14. Abounder

Abounder Jedi Padawan star 1

Aug 17, 2014
    The Sequel Trilogy is forging its own force lore and settings, the familiar planets/etc is better suited for the Anthology spinoffs. Best chance is the inevitable Kenobi movie, which is at least 5 films away in the year 2020+

15. PlagueisWise

PlagueisWise Jedi Knight star 3

Feb 28, 2015
    Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe I read somewhere (perhaps a JJ Abrams interview post film release) where he said that Kylo Ren looks up to Vader but not Anakin. I think that would make such a conversation even more powerful.

16. Thrawn082

Thrawn082 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 11, 2014
    Yeah Kylo worships Vader not Anakin. Basically Vader was the awesome Sith Lord who made one big mistake (letting his compassion/attachments get the better of him in ROTJ).

PlagueisWise likes this.
  17. SkyloRey

SkyloRey Jedi Knight

Jan 5, 2016
    Nope you all are not alone. I'd love to see an Anakin force ghost and I'd bet money it's happening. The opportunity to have 3 generations of Skywalkers in one movie is too good to pass up. Also I think we will get more of Obi-wan's voice also talking to Rey. Or else why bother to use his voice in the Forceback, there really was no reason to, they even had Ewan'svoice actor do it and Ewan replaced his voice in the end. So they have plans...

Anticonformity likes this.
  18. Dagobahsystem

Dagobahsystem Chosen One star 10

Sep 25, 2015
    There is a chance we could see Anakin's Force Ghost in Episode VIII.
    There is concept art for this in the book The Art of Star Wars: The Force Awakens.
    [​IMG]

SkyloRey likes this.