main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Any chance of a marathon at the Rocket?

Discussion in 'Archive: Quad Cities' started by Illd_Saber, May 20, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Illd_Saber

Illd_Saber Jedi Youngling star 1

May 16, 2005
    Have the folks at the Rocket mentioned the possibility of doing a marathon of all six films? It seems like something they'd do.

If not, is there anything we can do to make it happen?

2. qcjediJohn_AM

qcjediJohn_AM Jedi Master star 1

Jul 21, 2002
    I dont know if theres really anything that can be done to make it happen, other than express interest in it to the rocket.

3. YUCreespaGreedo

YUCreespaGreedo Jedi Youngling

Apr 22, 2005
    There was initial rumor that the Rocket was going to run the movie 24/7 for the first month, but they are running standard showings from 2pm on.

By contrast, the Great Escape theatre is going to show 3 theatres of Episode III from noon on. I do not know if they are going to marathon at this time. I will let all know soonest, from either theatre. Till later--TeeCee.

4. DaRtHKuStEs

DaRtHKuStEs Jedi Youngling

May 9, 2005
    I think the rocket is another place to go get drunk and watch a movie. If you are a true fan you should probablah see it at 53rd or the new Great Escape. Even if the rocket ran a marathon it won't compare to 53rd when it re runs the movies or when they get them in 3d. The rocket sucks in my opinion!

5. Equinn_Ankh

Equinn_Ankh Jedi Youngling

Apr 27, 2005
    Ohww, I don't know. It seemed quite nice to me when I went for my second viewing. Granted, it was at 2 and not quite yet drinking time. :p But, what I saw was very professional and there were families.

Only five dollars for a ticket. Their screen and sound is nice and, if you're a little early, you can sit on a couch!

Sadly, I think they won't have the movie next month . . .

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.