main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Any chance of any direct-to-TPB Graphic Novels?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Mastadge, Dec 13, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mastadge

Mastadge Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 4, 1999
    As it is, comics are always released, and then later released in a collected edition. When it's done this way, each comic also has to stand alone. When they're well done, you can't tell where the transition is in the TPB, but that's often not the case.

I for one would love to see a TPB or 2 of 150-200 pages that isn't a collection of previously released smaller pieces but is one big thing on its own.

THoughts?

2. PrinceXizor

PrinceXizor Former TF.N Foreign Book Cover Staff star 5 VIP

Jul 4, 2001
    Well, the Jango Fett and Zam Wesell comics are gonna be some kind of short TPB, but I see what you mean and wholeheartedly agree.

3. Silac5

Silac5 Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 12, 2001
    I doubt it will happen. As long as they can make money twice off of the same body of work they will continue to release both comics and TPB.

I would like to see more material put out like the 'Dark Forces' novellas.

4. chissdude10

chissdude10 Jedi Youngling star 5

Jul 26, 2001
    who is this Zam Wessel?

5. Genghis12

Genghis12 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 18, 1999
    Silac5...
    "I would like to see more material put out like the 'Dark Forces' novellas."

I asked Dave Land, editor of Dark Horse Comics' Star Wars line about the possibility of a Jedi Outcast "Dark Forces 'novella.'" He said DHC has no plans to do it. Those books were a fairly difficult project - expensive to produce, fairly expensive to purchase and fairly low print-run.

DHC most likely won't do them again unless it's something really special. :(

It's unfortunate because they're some of the best quality Star Wars books ever published.

6. Silac5

Silac5 Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 12, 2001
    Agreed Genghis12.

Comic Publishers today have to fight for every dollar in an overcrowded marketplace. They need the biggest return on the smallest investment they can produce and unfortunately the novella's don't fall into that category. Still on the bright side at least we did get the 'Dark Forces' series.

Here's to the future producing a more profitable Dark Horse that can afford more specialized projects. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.