main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Any college students skipping school for CIII?

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by _-Reborn_Jedi-_, Jan 22, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. carmenite42

carmenite42 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 21, 2003
    I'm skipping a Thursday night class, and my internship on Friday. The Thursday class is the second of two days of presentations, so it means that I'll be doing mine on the first day. Already told the prof. I've been working 12 hours/week for the internship all semester to make up for this, and one other week I'm missing, so it shouldn't be too much of a problem. Already told them about that, too.

2. droideka27

droideka27 Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2002
    Yeah i just told all my profs right away, and then I'll remind them as the date gets closer. Advantage of having small classes is that they actually will try to be accomadating :p

3. Lily_Skywalker

Lily_Skywalker Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 22, 2002
    Yep I am but its only one class

4. Darth_Bootsy

Darth_Bootsy Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 4, 2004
    I am skipping school.

Totally worth it.

5. Cliodna_ben_Lhee

Cliodna_ben_Lhee Jedi Master star 4

Jul 4, 2003
    I have a question on this same subject as well. I work full time and attend college part time too. CIII falls during the 3rd week of spring quarter for me. I don?t know my schedule yet as far as assignments and exams, but I know I will be taking an online class that quarter(Phil 120). So ?skipping? is not an issue
    My question is, is there any computer access at say, an internet café or in the hotel lobbies in Indy? I don?t own a laptop so I won?t be able to bring my own. My only hope is that there will be nothing major due during that time that I cant arrange with the instructor to do ahead of time

6. PrincessLeah

PrincessLeah Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 1, 2005
    If your hotel doesn't have a computer in the room or lobby, there has to be some place around the Convention Center that has a computer. That would be my guess. If not...go banging on doors around Indy, and beg people to let you use their computer. ;)

7. Darth_Bootsy

Feb 4, 2004
    It would be absurd if there were no Internet connections or computers at a convention center. Businesses rely on them these days.

8. ThePariah

ThePariah Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 24, 2003
    I am skipping...*counts* FOUR days! :eek: I'm in art school, but that's no relief; we're still asked to pull the universe out of our asses on a weekly basis. :rolleyes: :p But I'm going anyway...because I'm young and crazy and this is a once in a lifetime event. 8-}

9. Cliodna_ben_Lhee

Cliodna_ben_Lhee Jedi Master star 4

Jul 4, 2003
    ThePariah
    I can believe you about that pulling the universe outa yer azz thing! I had an art appreciation class fall quarter that I thought would be an easy A. Well, I did get an A (barely) but I had to work for it, and hard

10. Twin_solo_Durron

Twin_solo_Durron Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 30, 2003
    i missing two days and my weekend classes but i have talked to the porfs and they are all kool about it. if i bring back my Drama prof something he is giving me extar credit points. He is a big SW fan and wants to go but cant get out of teaching my weekend class. I am srue that if u just talk to your profs u will be fine.

11. Lily_Skywalker

Lily_Skywalker Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 22, 2002
    Actually I'm not technically skipping class since the oral presentation I have to do before I leave is serving as the final exam.

12. JediTrilobite

JediTrilobite Jedi Grand Master star 7

Nov 17, 1999
    I'm skipping out of a couple days.

13. echo-3

echo-3 Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2002
    I know of two Hoosier Alliance member's that are. I work full time,so you could say I am cutting work on Friday.
    :)

14. KOB

KOB Jedi Youngling star 4

Aug 22, 2004
    I have a Calc quiz Thursday, but I'm going to ask if I can take it early. If not, she drops the two lowest scores... :D

15. Jedi_Samantha

Jedi_Samantha Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 15, 2002
    I'm skipping 3 days of classes... I've already spoken with all my professors -- No tests on any of those days, and any quizzes I miss -- will be dropped as my lowest grade (0% is low.. lol) The week of c3 is m y week in history to get involved in discussion -- my teacher said as long as i talk on Monday I am fine.

Hmm... Go to school.. go to C3...

c3 all the way :)

16. Darth_Bootsy

Feb 4, 2004
    I want to see the looks on some professor's faces when you tell them why you will not be in class. :p

17. Jedi_Samantha

Feb 15, 2002
    I've already told them I am going to Indianapolis (Had to reschedule a presentation in one class) One asks why.. I said to go see friends.. another said have fun and the third said "be sure to get the notes" lol

18. KitFist0

KitFist0 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 10, 2001
    I have already spoken to one of my Professor's. He said that if I did have a Final during the time I was away, I could ask for arrangements to be made so that I can take the exam where ever I was. I'm hoping I can get all of my teachers to let me do take home exams before the exam period, instead of Finals.

19. Night4554

Night4554 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 9, 2000
    Screw school, I'm skipping whatever I need to :p

¤Night

20. carmenite42

carmenite42 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 21, 2003
    Darth_Bootsy posted on 2/17/05 5:32pm
    I want to see the looks on some professor's faces when you tell them why you will not be in class. :P
    [hr][/blockquote]

Right. Like I'm going to tell them.

My staff knows, though. They make fun of me for it.

21. QUIGONJINN02

QUIGONJINN02 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 29, 2003
    I'll be missing four days as will several of the guys coming with me. I'm hoping that I'm totally caught up by that time.

22. -_-_-_-_-_-

-_-_-_-_-_- Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 28, 2002
    I am skipping. Hooray!

23. Captain_Typho

Captain_Typho Jedi Master star 5

Jul 30, 2003
    "I want to see the looks on some professor's faces when you tell them why you will not be in class. :p "

Oh, I've had some pretty good looks from my professor. My religion professor was like......"A Star Wars Convention? Well, sounds somewhat religious in nature if 10,000 people are crazy enough to fly halfway around the world to get there"

My media and society professor (A south african dude) was like "Ok, remember how I gave you a topic for that paper. Nix that, I want you to write about how a movie is able to do this to people. Interview people while you are there. I'm curious to know what posseses people to spend gobs of money, and come from all over the world to a convention like this."

24. Bail-Aquino

Bail-Aquino Jedi Youngling star 2

May 8, 2002
    Captain_Typho, that's a very interesting theme for a paper. I think you should take your professor?s suggestion and do it.(If you do, maybe you could post it somewhere around here so we can read it.)

I'll personally be skipping only one session of class since I study on Saturdays at the UOP. This won't be the first time I'll have to skip a class; (mostly due to business trips) so I don't think it'll be a big deal...

25. Jedi_Samantha

Feb 15, 2002
    "Ok, remember how I gave you a topic for that paper. Nix that, I want you to write about how a movie is able to do this to people. Interview people while you are there. I'm curious to know what posseses people to spend gobs of money, and come from all over the world to a convention like this."

Friends, Parties, Alcohol, Get to skip school.

Those 4 right there are reason enough :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.