main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Any college students skipping school for CIII?

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by _-Reborn_Jedi-_, Jan 22, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Dajuan

Jedi_Dajuan Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 30, 2002
    I'm skipping. Star Wars > Math, anyday.

2. MajinKaze

MajinKaze Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 1, 2005
    I won't be going to class for that Thursday and Friday, and my schedules don't include Monday. After I get back on Monday, I have finals week. Crap.

3. KitFist0

KitFist0 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 10, 2001
    I just found out my exam schedule, thankfully I'm not failing any courses to go !

4. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    I've just got the requirments for the essay that I will have to hand in on the 25th, so it shouldn't be a problem to make it early and hand it in early as well.

5. Stina-Cri

Stina-Cri Jedi Padawan star 4

May 18, 2002
    my roommate and i thought ahead and scheduled all our classes on tuesday and thursday...which is somewhat annoying but we only have to miss one day of class now. It's the time off of work that's getting to us.

6. Chris-Stacina_Rajinn

Chris-Stacina_Rajinn Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 15, 2002
    ^ is my roommate, so...yeah...same here.

7. Sci-FiGal

Sci-FiGal Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 7, 2004
    At this point in my life I'm going to a con atleast every 3 months or less. I miss classes because of them, it's inevitable. I've learned by now though that as long as I tell my teachers ahead of time that I'll miss a class or two, they give me work ahead of time, and if there are any tests I get a makeup schedule for them. So far I havn't had any issues yet with this system, as long as I do the work eventually mah teachers are cool. Some of them even get curious about the cons. You never know until ya ask :)

8. Pooja

Pooja Jedi Knight star 6

May 25, 2002
    Damn straight I'm skipping. I'll be risking possible failure in a few classes, but I don't give a crap, honestly. :)

9. SirKnightLord

SirKnightLord Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 7, 2001
    Believe it or not, one of the first things I concerned myself last summer when I was planning out schedule for last fall and this spring was how it went along with Episode III's release date and if at all possible I wasn't going to schedule any classes that would have a final on that.

Hey...gotta have priorities.

As it turns out though our schedule is shorter now because of an extra 5 minutes added to each class so our finals week ends on May 5th.

Woot!!!

10. snap-hiss

snap-hiss Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 23, 2001
    I was still in college during C2, and yes I skipped.

!snap

11. _-Reborn_Jedi-_

_-Reborn_Jedi-_ Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 9, 2002
    Hah, I started this very thread and never even replied as to what my status was...it's been THAT busy of a semester.

Anyways, I'm going no matter what. Everything was fine for a while, I originally would have missed only two days of school, and some schoolwork/homework. Now, two out of three of my instructors have found it humorous to go and change their syllabi, and now I have two back to back tests I'll be skipping out on. Now When I come back, I'll have to make up both tests...what fun. Bah, at least I have a month left of school. I've been doing so well that I think I'll slack off for the remainder of the semester, lol.

12. TheDarthVader

TheDarthVader Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 22, 2005
    I am skipping my classes to come in from England. I have not told my tutor, he would be horrified. So i am going to feign illness.

13. Darth_Larsen

Darth_Larsen Jedi Master star 1

Sep 23, 2004
    meh.. i just droped some classes.

i really dont care... C3 is a once in a lifetime thing. i can retake the classes..

im still enrolled so i didnt drop everything.

14. ChancellorDecorum

ChancellorDecorum Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 30, 2004
    Haha good thing for me my finals are this week, and my last one is on Tuesday, so I dont have to worry about missing school because here at Western Michigan University we will already be out of school!!!! :p

15. Rebecca191

Rebecca191 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 2, 1999
    I am missing one class. I won't be missing anything important. It's all students giving mediocre oral reports lately.

16. Pooja

Pooja Jedi Knight star 6

May 25, 2002
    Not only am I skipping, I'm putting some of my grades in danger. Sadly enough, I don't care. :p

17. Fashion_Boy

Fashion_Boy Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 3, 2004
    Same here, Pooja. I'm seriously considering dropping my class tho, so its all good. Heh.

~Dave

18. Darth_Tofu

Darth_Tofu Jedi Master star 4

Mar 17, 2002
    Yeah, I'm missing a week and one day of classes (stupid travel time) but it's totally worth it. My chemistry teacher is awesome - she told me that I could make up my test the day I come back so I guess I"m doing some studying on the plane.

Wish it wasn't the week before finals though... but hey I've been waiting for this for three years - my teachers can just suffer!!!

lol I'm just bummed that I have to miss work! part time jobs don't pay much as it is, especially when you miss a week of work.

In the words of my chemistry teacher "well it's nice to know that my student will be missing classes to go to a star wars convention" *sarcasm pooling on floor as she spoke*

19. TahiriVeilaSolo69

TahiriVeilaSolo69 Force Ghost star 5

Sep 27, 2002
    I am skipping high school AND college classes. I am in the 'college enrichment' program where seniors start taking college classes but are still in high school. I want to shoot myself [face_dead]. Oh well. See you all there!!!

20. MsVader

MsVader Jedi Youngling

Nov 17, 2004
    I don't have classes on T or Th, but I will skip on Friday. I have a project due then, but I'm getting it done and turning it in on Wednesday.
    CIII is a one time thing. Can't miss it. ;)

21. QUIGONJINN02

QUIGONJINN02 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 29, 2003
    I've got so much damn crap to keep up with my head is spinning. I may have to even do some homework while there and fax or e-mail it to my professors.
    Ahhhhh!

22. droideka27

droideka27 Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2002
    I am skipping class today becuase i woke up late, so i am only going to class one day this week :p

23. Corran-Horn

Corran-Horn Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 16, 2004
    To minimize the damage to my school work, on Wednesday afternoon, I'm leaving directly after my last class, running home to get my stuff, and then my sister and I are off to the airport. Still, I'm going to be missing my History class and Stress management class on Thursday. I talked it over with my teachers and said I would be "Out of town on personal business" ;) I've got to do a little extra work to make up for stuff this week, but for CIII, it's worth it ;)

~Corran

24. R2-DJ

R2-DJ Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 22, 2003
    Yeah, I am. Do I regret it? Not really. I went to every one of my teachers, explained the situation and worked ahead about a week ahead of everyone in my class to make sure I wasn't falling behind when I leave. No big deal, it's best to be prepared.

25. Chris-Stacina_Rajinn

Chris-Stacina_Rajinn Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 15, 2002
    I'm actually put my grades in danger right now by replying to this thread again instead of working my term paper which has to be in before I leave campus tomorrow! Two pages down, twelve to go.

I'm not worried though, I have all night to write it ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.