main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Any costumers?

Discussion in 'Archive: Albany, NY' started by jpfisher, Feb 19, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jpfisher

jpfisher Jedi Youngling

Sep 24, 2004
    Are there any 501st type SW costumers in the Albany area? I'm working on a short fan parody film at the moment that and am planning on finishing shooting on Saturday March 5th in Albany in the Delaware Ave area (near the Spectrum movie theatre most likely).

The film is a parody of Star Wars and "The Ring" in which a mysterious video tape causes people to hallucinate Star Warsy things, including a group of stormtroopers/SW characters walking down the street.

To give you some background, I'm an RPI alum (class of '02 with a degree in Electronic Media Arts & Communication) -- a lot of my video work has a Capital Region focus. My senior thesis was a documentary on Justin "Where are the stores? Here are the stores!" Resnick from Resnick's Mattress Outlet, and I'm currently in post-production on a feature film titled "Minimum Wager" that takes place around Albany and was shot mostly in Albany and Troy -- we even used such familiar locales as the Larkin and Lark St Book Shop for scenes.

I'm planning on shooting the final scenes for the Ringu/SW parody (currently untitled) on Saturday March 5th and would only need people for 1 - 2 hours to get the shots I need.

Anyway, if anyone here is into costuming, or knows someone who is and would be interested in helping me out, please post a message here or email me at jim.fisher@dementropy.com

-- Jim

2. beezel26

beezel26 Jedi Master star 7

May 11, 2003
    02 alum. well the chapter rep will be a alum of RPI soon.

And to be honest no one here does costuming. I do the security for all the parades though. But I can give you info into who to contact. In fact our closest fanforce group Syracuse is hosting the st paddies day parade. Give them a holler on their fanforce board and see what happens.

And you can always join our group if you want.

3. The1Neo

The1Neo Jedi Master star 6

Jan 20, 2004
    I would love to help. I took some acting classes,and enjoy being creative. PM me if you want me to help. I'm free Saturday after 1pm,and have Sunday,and Monday off.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.