main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Any crossovers here? (no, not Star wars and Star Trek!)

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by DarthMoves, Feb 3, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthMoves

DarthMoves Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 2, 2002
    Judging by the quality of these fan films, I am curious to know if anyone of you guys have ventured into the world of original filmmaking? My fan film never really came to fruition (Geez, I attempted one nearly 10 years ago on Super 8!), but I am now working in the industry and should have my first film in production in early 2006. Anyone else go "legit?"

2. Darth Milarc

Darth Milarc Jedi Master star 4

Apr 25, 2000
    I am currently studying film at Brock University up in Ontario Canada. I've been wanting to make movies since the second grade. I remember when i first discovered TFN i promised myself I would get on it some way or another. PA Wars: SPECIAL EDITION was my answer.
    Now however, i've steered away from the fan film genre and try to focus on my original ideas. ...Well, i am writing a Pirates of the Caribbean fan film, and have an interesting star wars script in my head that i may dish out just for the fun of it! :)

But i always keep up-to-date on the latest news and downloads here at TFN Fan Films!

I'd love to hear more about your own productions!

3. Shadow_of_Evil

Shadow_of_Evil Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 18, 2001
    Anyone else go "legit?"

Huh?
    Dunno what you mean dude.
    But meh, LEGIT is the name of my feauture script I wrote to get into my film course (got me in).
    Kick ass irish flick ;)

4. Primrodo

Primrodo Jedi Master star 4

Jun 23, 2002
    I'll probably venture into some orginal stuff, you might see some of it sometime soon ;)

St. Catharines here is pretty much a rallypoint for me to marshell my posse...I mean my team. ;)

5. AdamBertocci

AdamBertocci Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 3, 2002
    I've gone legit and am currently focusing on, of all things, romantic comedies.

Rick McCallum loves you!

6. VaporTrail

VaporTrail Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 19, 2002
    I'm considering making Furious Angels into an original movie if I ever get succeed in the movie business.

I'd just take out the Star Wars element, and BAM: new movie.

Anyway, I've been workin too hard on my fanfilm to think about making a completely original movie. I like to think my film will be an original idea based off of something else.. if that makes sense.

I'll think of something eventually.

7. JediDragon

JediDragon Jedi Master star 5

Mar 11, 2002
    I don't know if I can "go legit" since I've never made a fanfilm...but I'm going to film school in the fall when my enlistment is up. I want to make drama and/or action flicks :D I will, however, be doing a fanfilm at some point in time...hopefully...maybe...well, it's possible.

8. DarthMoves

DarthMoves Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 2, 2002
    Sounds cool! I'd love to hear more about "Legit." I guess my first (and only!) fan film was a "Halloween" style shot on 16mm Black & White in college. I am a HUGE horror fan! You can check out the film here.
    Halloween Fan Film. As far as my current production, it is a horror film (no big shock). It will probably go straight to DVD, but I am hoping for a limited theatrical release. The film, "The Second Line," stars actors from the "Halloween" series. P.J. Soles, Charles Cyphers, Ellie Cornell, Brad Loree, Marianne Hagan and Alana Curry star.

TSL on IMDB
    BTW, I am NOT the Mike Nichols that you are all thinking!!

I will be shooting on 35mm and hope to begin shooting in early 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.