main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Any Directv users?

Discussion in 'Archive: Tulsa, OK' started by pinata242, Sep 26, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pinata242

pinata242 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 29, 2002
    As many of you know, I'm moving shortly. I'm thinking of ditching Cox cable and going Directv. Anybody out there care to share any success or horror stories with me? I realize I'll have to have a separate antenna to get the local channels. I definately feel this is the proper way to go to get a truly digital tv experience. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks.

Brent

2. RogerRoger517

RogerRoger517 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 1, 2002
    Does Directv = satelite? If so, I hear ads on the radio that they now have all the local stations available on the satelite package. Been kicking it around myself.

3. QueenOverVader

QueenOverVader Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 27, 2002
    We've had direttv for a year & I really like it. You'll just have to call them to see if they have the local channels yet & the cost of the packages. It has only gone out on us a few times during some really severe storms.

4. Sentinel_Vash

Sentinel_Vash Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 25, 2002
    DTV does not have locals in the tulsa area as for horror storys sent me a pm brent

5. GENERAL_FEL

GENERAL_FEL Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 10, 2001
    I've had DirecTv through Pegasus Communications. No problems as of yet! 1 year and counting...

6. DarthPaul1971

DarthPaul1971 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 24, 2002
    I have directTV and I like it. One thing is, due to the small dish you lose signal sometimes during heavy rain or snow. That's the only thing I can think of that is bad, overall I love my DirectTV.

Roger I think that may be Dish Network you've been hearing about on the radio, I've heard those too.

7. Forceofvader

Forceofvader Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 15, 2000
    I've had DTV for 6 years and I'll never go back to cable. The sound and picture kick even digital cables butt plus you get more channels. I don't know what's up Otto's butt about DTV but I'll never turn back!!!

8. MysticTrunks01

MysticTrunks01 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 25, 2002
    Pssstttt. Otto takes customer calls for DTV :p

9. pinata242

Apr 29, 2002
    What do you guys do for local channels? That's the last hurdle I face here.

10. QueenOverVader

QueenOverVader Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 27, 2002
    We have a cable modem through Cox, w/ that you get basic cable.

11. pinata242

Apr 29, 2002
    AH HA! I forgot about that. Sweet.

EDIT: Well, unless you got some great deal when you signed up, you're getting the basic cable for $1.75 if you consider it normally costs $11.75 but you get a $10 discount for having the cable modem and a cox subscriber. Still, a helluva deal :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.