main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Canada Any "Doctor Who" Fans Out There?

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by YoungJediNiagara, Oct 21, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YoungJediNiagara

YoungJediNiagara RSA Emeritus FF Canada star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 23, 2001
    Just wondering if anyone else is as big a fan as myself.
    I've been buying every new DVD that comes out and I love every one of them.

For those that don't know what Doctor Who is...it is the longest running British made Sci-fi show of all time. This year is celebrating its 40th year.

There is also news that they will be bringing new Doctor Who shows to TV starting in 2005, plus the possibility of a big screen film.

2. Primrodo

Primrodo Jedi Master star 4

Jun 23, 2002
    Not a HUGE fan, but I loved the show growing up :)

I would watch them over and again ;)

3. DARTH2-D2

DARTH2-D2 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 9, 2002
    fan here, loved it as a kid, was a big fan in my teens but have not watched it in years

4. Indigo_Jade

Indigo_Jade Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 23, 2002
    "Who" isn't???

I loved the show as a kid...

My favorite Doctor was a tie between Tom Baker and #5 (I can't remember the actors name offhand)

Indy

5. DARTH2-D2

DARTH2-D2 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 9, 2002
    the third doctor John pertwee was when I really started watching it, so I would have to say he is my favorite

6. YoungJediNiagara

Mar 23, 2001
    A good site for info is...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/cult/doctorwho/

A good site to find out what VHS and DVD movies are coming out...

http://www.bbcamericashop.com/default.asp?cpa=search&rpa=2&mdm=&mfs=True

7. Uilmuteiz

Uilmuteiz RSA Emeritus star 4

Dec 4, 2000
    *sigh: why am I the vp of Monsffa"

Well I did used to watch some of it when I was a kid.. I couldn't understand a thing but I remember the Phone booth with the really nice inside decoration and I remember having weird dreams because of the music.

But Still one thing I never remembered was that Michael Sheard, the great british actor whom you may remember from movies such as Indiana Jones and the last crusade (Furher--or something like hitler) and Star Wars The Empire Strikes back (Admiral Ozzel).

Well this Same Michael Sheard will be sharing a meal with the Montreal Undrerground Knights on Thursday November 6th and he will also be attending Con*Cept on Saturday Nov. 8th

Heck while I'm at it, SFX will also be hosting their first con in Montreal, from nov 14th trough 16th. Peter Mayhew and Bruce Jones will be there.

8. Azeria_Jade

Azeria_Jade Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 3, 2001
    *explodes*

Doctor Who?!!! I LOVE Doctor Who! I am the biggest nut about it! Kinda ashamed to admit this but I'm a bigger fan of Doctor Who then of Star Wars. *slinks away*.

Indigo_Jade: The fifth doctor is Peter Davidson, he's my favorite. But Tom Baker is fabulous too.

I just recently got one of the old black and white movies on DVD "Doctor and the Daleks", and the whole way through I kept going "It's Grand Moff TARKIN!" Peter Cushing played the Doctor in the two old films. *grin*

9. YoungJediNiagara

Mar 23, 2001
    I'm disappointed they did not have any new DVD's come out for Christmas time. A box set would have made my Christmas.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.