main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Any Epic Stories Like The Mortis Storyline?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Bunnie, Mar 5, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    The Nightsisters arc is epic. I gave only gave a handful of TCW episodes a rating of 10/10, and the episodes in that arc were among them.

And if you haven't watched Bounty yet...drop everything you are doing as soon as the episodes show up on Netflix and watch Bounty. The best episode in the entire series, no contest.

2. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    I take it you haven't watched the whole series Bunnie? I say don't cherry pick episodes and arcs of The Clone Wars. Its not Gargoyles or Batman The Animated Series but I wholeheartedly believe TCW is the best western action cartoon/ animated show to come along in a long time. The only thing that rivals it is Avatar the Last Airbender in my option. I got some favorite arcs but what works for me may not work for you. Yeah there are some duds in TCW but those happen in every show and its all subjective. Example: Most fans hate A Sunny Day In the Void but I liked that episode tons..I'm going to give two thumbs up to the entire series. Watch the series when you get a chance. I had always been told horrible things by fans based on the movie and didn't pick TCW up until after season 3. I wish I'd gotten into it earlier.

3. Bunnie

Bunnie Jedi Youngling

Jan 8, 2014
    Well, when the show comes on Netflix, then I will defiantly catch up on all I've missed. x3 I remember watching the Malevolence arc and Jedi Crash, when it aired, as well as watch the movie in theaters. I loved it but, I never thought to look it up or deal with the series again for some reason, until recently. I love the stories and characters, and the animation js amazing. <3

4. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    I'm excited to see the show going up on Netflix, it means more exposure for TCW and hopefully some fresh opinions will come into this forum and breath new life into old debates for another good hurrah with TCW. TCW's animation in earlier seasons could be a little rough but as early as season 2 it really amped up. I sometimes think 'Landing at Point Rain' looks better than the battle in AOTC. There are several characters I enjoy in TCW. Some strong OCs and I feel TCW did a good job with movie characters. It did wonders for Anakin. The character arcs for Ventress, Rex, Fives, Lux, Maul (honorary OC) and even Ahsoka to name a few are the best parts. My favorite remains Cut Lawquane, the clone deserter from all the way back in season 2.

5. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Jedi Crash was another 10/10 for me, and as I said, I gave fewer than ten of those total. I liked the Malevolence arc except for the battle droid "humor" and Ahsoka's constant chattering.

I'd say definitely catch up on some episodes, and go with whatever order you want really, as the series jumps around a lot and season order is not chronological order.

And bump this thread with your thoughts. :)

6. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    Why can it not be both, though?

I don't know that I'd call it "philosophy," but the way in which the stories blend myth and moral with fantastic, entertaining spectacle is at the heart of why I've always been so very drawn to the franchise.

7. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Oh, it can. And some people enjoy that philosophical mythological exploration and find it entertaining.

And if Mortis had entertained, it would have been fine. Yoda and Luke on Dagobah were fun, other than that cave scene but it was short.

It's the whole idea that I'm "missing something important" because I'm not going to like a cartoon episode that doesn't entertain me, that I took issue with.

Trebor Sabreon likes this.
  8. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    Well said. It's up to you to define what is important for you to take from the stories, not anybody else. There's no arguing that.

*But "other than the cave scene"? I loved the cave scene. How can anybody not? No, I think you're probably missing something important.* ;)

9. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    LOL. I remember watching that one as a kid and wondering why Luke was fighting himself, and thinking it was stupid. My tolerance for visions is limited and I was never convinced that Luke was in any real danger of going to the dark side. Getting his ass kicked, sure, but turning? Nope. Striking Palpatine down would have been a smart move, not an evil one.

Don't get me wrong, I love ESB and ROTJ. But the whole "oh he might become just like his father!" attempt at suspense never resonated.

10. Mr. Atom Bomb

Mr. Atom Bomb Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 3, 2012

Bounty is tied with Duchess of Mandalore as my favorites of the series. Such a good episode.
    The Nighstisters arc is good fun, until you realize that it is directly responsible for Mauldalore. :rolleyes:

11. bstnsx704

bstnsx704 Force Ghost star 5

Mar 11, 2013
    Still haven't seen the show, but the Mortis trilogy and the brand new Yoda arc are the arcs that have my attention piqued the most.

Ani501st likes this.
  12. darth fluffy

darth fluffy Jedi Master star 2

Dec 27, 2012
    Mortis is awesome; it's definitely worth the money. Don't listen to anifan.:p

Ani501st likes this.
  13. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
  14. anakincol

anakincol Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 28, 2009
    My favorite arc is Clone cadets and Arc troopers from season 3 aka the Battle of Kamino arc, you get lots of Clones vs Droids, Obi-wan vs Grevious, Ventress vs Anakin(the extended version of the DVD give Ventress one of the best clone kills they ever did) and it really Humanizes the clones with the stuff with 99.

15. Ani501st

Ani501st Jedi Padawan star 3

Mar 18, 2013
    These were my favorite episodes ever of the show so this not a fact that they are not the best, this is your opinion :)

16. Bunnie

Bunnie Jedi Youngling

Jan 8, 2014
    I finally got around to watch the Nightsister arc on Netflix. It was actually pretty amazing. The way Dokuu leaves Asajj to die did surprise me a bit, but then I remembered Sidious ordered Dokuu to do it. I also love how we see glimpses of Asajj's past and childhood. Her training of the Zabrak/Dathomir's warriors was awesome to watch, too, but my favorite part was when Savage breaks his brother's neck. In Witches Of The Mist, the battle between Count Dokuu, Savage Opress, and Asajj Ventress really kept me hooked. I kept wondering what the outcome would be, as I do with many other Lightsaber battles in The Clone Wars.
    The Nightsister arc was amazing, and very thrilling to watch.
    The Clone Cadets and ARC Trooper episodes were good, too, and also the Order 66 one in Season 6.
    This show really blows me away at times.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

17. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Glad you liked Nightsisters. :)

18. Bunnie

Bunnie Jedi Youngling

Jan 8, 2014
    Yup!
    I'm re-downloading Cargo Of Doom, The Citadel, Padawan Lost, and A Friend In Need right now. .3.

19. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    [face_laugh] I forgot how riled up people can get in LACWAC

EHT likes this.
  20. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.