main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Any fanfilmers around the Greater Toronto Area?

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by Spiderfan, Jan 25, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Spiderfan

Spiderfan Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 9, 2004
    I am looking for people who want to lend a hand to a production currently in the works. Right now its still in the writing stages but I am trying to put together as much as I can. And right now I need people with video/film experience to lend a hand. We are aiming for a shoot at the end of the summer though a proper schedule is pending.

2. Funk-E

Funk-E Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 11, 2003
    Just as an aside, did you check the Database?

3. durbnpoisn

durbnpoisn TFN Staff Cast & Crew Database star 5 VIP

May 20, 2002
    Well, in all fairness... I just checked. There's a bunch of people in Canada, but only one is in Toronto.

Still, it's a good place to start.

4. Spiderfan

Mar 9, 2004
    Man I have to get online more often...there's a database? I knew one was in the works but I thought it was ditched.

5. DoranNu

DoranNu Jedi Master star 4

Sep 15, 2004
    I know, it's kinda hard to believe there is one, but I guess we expect the best from durb there. :D

Oh, btw, I live in the Greater, Greater Toronto Area (if all of Southern Ontario is the GGTA now) but I'm kinda working and making money for college right now, so I have zero time to spare. Sorry. :(

6. durbnpoisn

durbnpoisn TFN Staff Cast & Crew Database star 5 VIP

May 20, 2002
    Man, you have been away for a while.

Not only was the project NOT ditched, It's been up and running for over a year! It ran for a while on MY server, then it got linked up by TFN. Then, TFN took it on their servers and put me on staff to continue to maintain it.

And, it's been going strong the whole time. I still get new submissions all the time. Plus, the feedback I get is that people are actually using it for what it was intended - contacting each other.

So, make yourself a record there, and other filmmakers will then be able to find you, too! :D

Totall shameless [image=http://www.durbnpoisn.com/images/faces/plug.gif]

7. NitroBlade

NitroBlade Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 13, 2004
    What's the project? I live in Montreal, so it's kinda far away and out of my way. But then again, who knows how things are at the end of summer for me.

8. SilverSpoon

SilverSpoon Jedi Youngling

Dec 28, 2003
    Wow, this must be like my second time posting since I registered, but this sparked my interest.

What exactly are you doing, and where exactly are you? I have a little movie making experience, done some really small things here and there just for fun. I dunno, might be interesting depending on what you're doing, and I could get in some more experience.

I'm in Mississauga, by the way.

9. JediMasterBuck

JediMasterBuck Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 17, 2004
    I am in Toronto and in pre-production on a fanfilm right now, we should chat. Our main shoot is scheduled for Feb 19-20.

10. Spiderfan

Mar 9, 2004
    Well sadly things are held up by script difficulties. The major difficulty is that I am an editor writing a script. So I am always looking for someone to help with that. The project is obviously a fanfilm but right now there isn't a whole lot more to be said. The essentialy plot is this:

At the edge of the galaxy a team of Jedi have been sent to establish an outpost to aid wayward republic soldiers during the clone wars. They soon discover Wraith, a phantom like individual who seems to have serial killer like tendencies and is determined to murder everylast Jedi.

Two other projects in the works are
    1) Bane - A young woman's world begins to fall apart and her reality is unraveling around her. She soon discovers that the disasterous and disapearances that are haunting her are due to a flaw in the timeline that resulted in her birth. Thus because of her everything she knows and loves is being destroyed.
    2) Title Pending - Three friends working at a comicbook shop soon discover that their small town is playing victim to mindless zombies. Sort of Mallrats meets Shawn of the Dead. Just a fun prject me and a buddy are working on.

If you are interested in any of the ideas let me know.

I can be reached at 1808.productions@gmail.com

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.