main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Hi Any fans of pink floyd here?

Discussion in 'Welcome New Users' started by Darth Maul is awesome, Oct 12, 2016.

1. Darth Maul is awesome

Darth Maul is awesome Jedi Knight star 1

Jul 1, 2014
    Hey guys, besides being a big star wars fan, I am also a big pink Floyd fan, Any fellow floydians fans?

2. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    I saw them at Earl's Court (London) in 1994 - it was the show following the temporary stage collapse. Thanks to the re-arrangement of seats when they put things back together a very crappy seat became a really good seat - I had a clear view of the stage.

WookieeRage likes this.
  3. Darth Maul is awesome

Jul 1, 2014
    I never got to see them live, the division bell tour was 5 years before I was born

4. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    It was a very good concert. BBC TV showed it for the holidays one year and I taped it - got it on VHS somewhere in the tape pile.

5. Lady_Belligerent

Lady_Belligerent Queen of the RPF, SWC, C&P, and Pancakes & Waffles star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 29, 2008
    Hello, I do enjoy their music.

Welcome to the boards. :)

6. Darth Maul is awesome

Jul 1, 2014
    Thanks, I've been here for quite sometime

7. Lady_Belligerent

Lady_Belligerent Queen of the RPF, SWC, C&P, and Pancakes & Waffles star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 29, 2008
    Oh, goodness. I apologize, I should have looked closer. :)

8. Darth Maul is awesome

Jul 1, 2014
    no worries ha ha:)

Lady Belligerent likes this.
  9. Skiara

Skiara ~• RSA FFC •~ star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 5, 2002
    Pink Floyd is cool, but I'm not counting myself as a fan. But there was one around who had parts of the bands name in his username. Sadly, he left years ago.

Nevertheless, I hope you'll find some more fans and have much fun discussing Star Wars!

Enjoy your stay! :)

10. Master_Rebado

Master_Rebado Chosen One star 6

May 31, 2004
    Fellow fan here yes!

Iron_lord likes this.
  11. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    If you're a fan and in the UK BBC4 will be showing Pink Floyd Beginnings 1967-1972 this coming Friday night from 9-10 PM.

12. DarthIshyZ

DarthIshyZ Chosen One star 8

Jan 8, 2005
    Fellow fan here, as well. Well... fan... never seen them in concert, but put a song on and I can recite it word-for-word. My first "album" was my brothers Dark Side of the Moon album when I was a kid. So, yeah, it wasn't mine, but anyone with older brothers should echo the sentiment. :)

My favorite part of most of their music was the unusual nature of how they recorded with low speaking "I know I've been mad, I've always been mad..." and mono mixed in with the stereo ("Wish You Were Here"). Such glorious outside of the box thinking.