main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Any hotel rooms still available?

Discussion in 'FanForce Conventions' started by NabooPop, Mar 13, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NabooPop

NabooPop Jedi Master star 2

Jun 19, 2000
    Looking for something as close to downtown as possible, for Fri & Sat nights.

I've checked the hotels downtown, they seem to be all booked up.

Anybody staying in the Outer Rim where there might still be rooms available, and want to share cab costs or something? :)

2. Shara

Shara Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 4, 2000
    You might want to check with Chicago Force. Last I heard, they still had rooms available at the Courtyard Marriott that is across the street from the convention center. They have some boards here.

3. Eva_Pilot04

Eva_Pilot04 Jedi Knight star 7

Nov 15, 2001
    I'm pretty sure the place I'm staying at has a few rooms left. It's the Comfort Inn South.

Probably not anyone's first choice, since it's 5 miles away, but it's better than nothing. :)

4. Grand Moff Joker

Grand Moff Joker Jedi Master star 4

Oct 13, 1999
    This turn of events is unfortunate. You must accelerate your plans...

5. Jedi_elyk

Jedi_elyk Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 9, 2002
    "Begun this Clone War has"

6. Mos_Eisleian_Radio

Mos_Eisleian_Radio Jedi Master star 4

Nov 26, 2000
    Yes, Chicago Force still has rooms available at the Courtyard by Marriott. Send an e-mail to BoshTalk@aol.com for details.

Phil

7. Sebulba-X

Sebulba-X •X C2 C3 MW RSA• star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2000
    ...then begin landing your troops.

8. NabooPop

Jun 19, 2000
    Many thanks to the folks who replied. Hopefully I will become One with the Chicago Force. :)

9. Sebulba-X

Mar 11, 2000
    You must complete your training in order to become one with the Chicago Force...
    Master Ditka: I suggest you try it again, NabooPop. Dis time, let go your kan-chus self and act on yer instincts.

NabooPop: With this Bears cap on, I can't even see. How am I supposed to fight?

Master Ditka: Yer teams can deceive you. Don't trust them....Stretch out wit yer feelings....You see, you can do it, just like my other padawan F'ridge Pairee.

Bitter Buffalo Fan: I call it luck.

Master Ditka: In my experience, der's no such thing as luck, only da bears!
    (apologies to the people of Chicago and it's suburbs, but not the Region Rats who think they're from Chicago, but live in a cornfield in Northwestern Indiana :p ...sorry, that anti Region feeling stems from people I went to college with and not necessarily any farmers, or families of farmers who dwell in a cornfield in Northwestern Indiana)

10. Grand Moff Joker

Grand Moff Joker Jedi Master star 4

Oct 13, 1999
    Good. I can feel your anger. With each passing moment, you make yourself more my servant.

Use your aggressive feelings, Seb. Let the hate flow through you!

::cackles::

11. NabooPop

Jun 19, 2000
    Good has triumphed over evil and the Republic is secure - I have a room, thanks to the Chicago Force, wise in its ways they are!

But curious I am - worthwhile to reserve for Thursday night it is?

12. Sebulba-X

Mar 11, 2000
    Definately get it for Thursday if you pocket book has enough midichlorians to support a course of action that will lead you to sleep in Indianapolis for an additional day. How great would it be to roll out of bed and just walk to the convention center...rather than driving into town, parking, stressing, etc. etc. Besides, you get in a night early you'll be able to get your bearings on what's near you food/entertainment wise.

13. NabooPop

Jun 19, 2000
    Sebulba-X, thanks for the advice, and wise it is. I'm trying to decide how late I want to stay Sunday because of a lack of flights out to my sector of the galaxy from Indy after 5 PM.

I may need to take Monday for travel and if so I probably can't take both Thurs and Fri. :(

14. PadawanMage

PadawanMage Jedi Youngling

Mar 15, 2002
    Hello, I just signed up for all days, but finding a hotel is hard? Is there anyone here who might have a spare? Please let me know. Thanks!
    -K

15. JMChladek

JMChladek Jedi Youngling star 1

May 6, 2001
    Traveling through Indy ain't like dusting crops boy, without precise destinations we might bounce too close to a star and that would end our trip real quick, wouldn't it?

Anyway, I was able to get on with Chicago Fan Force's room block as well and I am greatful to those guys. I did ask WotC what their hotel situation was and they have a waiting list for those that might want to get in to the convention room blocks, but at last check the list had about 80 people on it. The next few days will tell for sure and I'll bet those rooms will fill up quick if they do open. Chicago Fan Force might be your best attempt at getting good hyperspace destination coordinates. :)

16. tionnesharp

tionnesharp Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 25, 2002
    Yoo, hoo, have posted many times, many places! Two females have a VERY nice room extremely close to the Dome. However are looking for other females. If qualifying types are looking, please respond!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.