Provo Any Ideas for a Fan Film?

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by darthshine, Mar 17, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: DieWompRatDie, Grimby
  1. darthshine Jedi Master

star 1
    Hey all, Iam not really known here in the provo sector, except by Mr. Handyman. but someone recently posted a question on if anyone wanted to make a fan film.
    And just recently I have had access to a 24P camera (Same as George Lucases setup except without all the special additions) and me and my production partner have been wanting to shoot another short fan film. Since our access for the camera would be only on weekends it would have to be a short script, Sooo, if anyone has any ideas and/or would like to colaborate for a short, please e-mail me. Thanks folks and may the force be with you!
    (P.S. I would like to make somthing like "George Lucas in love")
  2. spoo Jedi Master

star 4
    *drooool*
    would you stil have access to it over the summer? I'm bogged down till then, but that would be AWESOME!!!

EDIT: I'm a BYU pre-film student (hopefully by summer I'll be accepted into the film program). So I don't profess to know everyhting about filmmaking, but I'd love to work on it. I can help in pretty much any area, I think.
  3. Ben_Sch- Jedi Knight

that is a nice camera that you have there, I had the chance to use one last year during my senior year in high school. I won't be around for any making of it or helping out but here is an idea for a fan film.

Imagine the original trilogy converted into modern times, instead of star destroyers and x-wings you use cars instead the mirrors are the lasers and you can add a mounted one up top. A suburban or another big vehicle can be a star destroyer, the death star can be something generated, and it all takes place in a city you still have light sabers and everything in the original trilogy, from the tuskan raiders who can be bikers, to the jawas. I started writing a script last year about it but never had time to complete it, hopefully I still have it. I will try to find it before I head on out if not I will write a quick story board about it again before I head out and put it on here and let your guy's imagination take place and convert it over.

-Ben Sch-
  4. darthshine Jedi Master

star 1
    I will possibly have access to the HD 24P camera during the summer yes i will have to check.

Thanks for the idea as well... anyone else interested?

I will let all of you know when a good time to start is then maybe we can get togather and possibly start pre-production or somthin.
    (can i be more vague?)

(P.S. and also if Handyman is viewing this and would like to colaborate with story and or costumes that would ROCK! - also, are you still in Utah i never heared if you actually left, I would right you an e-mail but it doesent seem to be working so if you are reading this handyman drop me a line, Thanks.)
  5. allenj456 Jedi Knight

star 2
    Very interested. I e-mailed you my resume and credentials. Willing to help in anything from writing to directing to acting. Hope to hear back from you.
  6. Marna_Veign Jedi Master

star 4
    *raising hand excitedly*
    Ooh, ohh, pick me! I want to help!

Seriously, I would love to help in any way I can. The only experience I have along these lines is the fact I was in Drama in high school for two years.
    Didn't do too good in competition, but I had fun.

I think the modern trilogy idea sounds fun.
  7. Toran-Kal Jedi Knight

star 2
    Well I would absolutely love to join in, but seeing how I'll be in Poland during that time I don't think I'll be able to.

Good luck to you guys though.
  8. Renegade4E Jedi Knight

star 1
    I could definitely help develop a script. But I wouldn't be able to do much in the way of production until summer as well. However, I could help develop a script that would be ready by summertime...

I'm thinking a story with only one Jedi- too many films out there with pairs of Jedi fighting Sith. Just one Jedi and a crew that have been stranded on a hostile world. The Jedi got there because he fled there to escape the Jedi purge. Umm... and he helps the crew find a way to survive and to get off the planet, perhaps even sacrificing himself along the way... The Empire shot them down and pursue them down on the planet, or perhaps bounty hunters... Maybe one of the Empire or the bounty hunters has something personal against one of the crew. How does it sound so far? Probably too long...
  9. Boraccio Jedi Knight

star 1
    Sounds like lots of fun. Depending on my work schedule at that time, I would love to help.
  10. Handyman Jedi Master

star 4
    Greetings Paul,

I would love to help you out on a new project, but unfortunately, I now live out of state. I moved to Seattle, Washington in December. :(

I'll be back in Utah when the job market recovers. (Whenever that is.)

If I can help out in any way, please let me know.

Later,

11. Marna_Veign Jedi Master

star 4
    The idea from Renegade 4E sounds good, too. If we did that, I would volunteer for a crew position. I wouldn't feel right coming in and taking the one Jedi position. I haven't done much saber practice since before my son's birth.
  12. spoo Jedi Master

star 4
    I'm definitely in! I have a bunch of undeveloped ideas, but I don't feel like typing them right now.
  13. allenj456 Jedi Knight

star 2
    A great method I've had for SW shorts is take a few legends or myths and combine them and add lighsabers. You'll be suprised how fun and good they turn out. Im very partial to the Celtic side of things.
  14. darthshine Jedi Master

star 1
    Alot of my ideas have been based around doing stories that are in the background of the Star Wars films, thats how we chose jawas because there wasnt really a story that has been done about them, Iam I making sense?

Like for an example if we were to do a story on Salacious Crumb at the tail of Jabba the Hutt, about his opression or whatever.

somthing funny like that but not exactly, I think Iam rambling on.

your guys ideas are cool too. Keep brainstorming!

Thanks guys.
  15. spoo Jedi Master

star 4
    I've never gotten around to filming my great idea:

the black night confrontation form Holy Grail with jedi/sith/lightsabers

it would be too funny =)
  16. Corrin_Wyndryder Force Ghost

star 4
    I've got this idea for a Fan Film, but it will require skills with animating starfighter combat.
    I used to work for Microsoft as a Tech support agent. I bet people have wondered what we do on the other side of the phone. I've been working on a 5 page script of a Tech Support issue, where the Support Agents are flying an X-Wing and a YT-1300 (millenium falcon) in combat while talking cheerfully to the customer.

I figure that could be very funny, when done right. :)

-Corrin
  17. Marna_Veign Jedi Master

star 4
  18. darthshine Jedi Master

star 1
    OOO that holy grail idea sounds good, that would be VERY funny.
  19. allenj456 Jedi Knight

star 2
    If we're going for farce/spoof I think a merge of Ewan as Obi-Wan and as Christian in Moulin Rouge. Just think, the Jedi that sings his dedication to the Code. I think it has great potential. Take alot of work but....
  20. spoo Jedi Master

star 4
    Well, I'm still doing my Holy Grail idea. Anyone can join in or not.
    I'll still help with whatever else is going on.
    I'll need someone to be the opposite character of me, and I'll need help choregraphing the fight (although I think largely we can modify the original Black Knight fight to make it more lightsaber styled fighting).

Who 's in?
  21. allenj456 Jedi Knight

star 2
    "All too easy..." :) I could whip that up in under an hour probably. Depends on how skilled your actors are.
  22. navaren Jedi Knight

star 3
    Sure....I'll throw my hat in as an interested party.
  23. andakin Jedi Master

star 4
    Hi,
    Sorry I didn't respond sooner, I've had ISP problems :(

I think the holy grail idea is good. I can do some 3d. You can take a look at my preliminary version of the "Express" at
    http://www.rightfield.com/milk/fz/express.jpg

I think. :eek:

The actual model is a bit better than that now, and still under improvement. I can also do some editing. I'm fairly good, and getting better with practice.

Anyway,
    Andakin
Moderators: DieWompRatDie, Grimby
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.