main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Any info on a new carded line that spans all 6 films?

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by ClassicIron, Jun 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ClassicIron

ClassicIron Jedi Youngling

May 31, 2005
    I would imagin probably a little after the Ep3 hype dies down they will produce an all 6 movie line of figures. That would be great!

What they could do is, make a carded line for each movie, each line would have the usualy cast from each movie as well as the "collector" characters who usualy are only in scenes such as the Cantina, or Jabba's Palace and the such. They could make this the ultimate line where everyone who had figures before would have them again and the people who didn't like the 6 breasted dancer, or the Tonnika sisters could have figures as well. It would be the ultime line of Star Wars figs and it could be ongoing as they could make many different figures of each character (IE: Han in Bespin, Han in Hoth, Han regular, Han in carbonite) and so on and so fourth!

2. skywalker_1982

skywalker_1982 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 25, 2004
    ClassicIron one of the posts in this collecting forum is going on about the plans for hasbro 2006 which they are talking about re releasing all the vintage line like they have at the moment with the 12 votc figures and the dolls you was able to get for that line. There was talk also of the power of the force carded figures with the coins.

3. SorcerousWays

SorcerousWays Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 1, 2005
    Power of the Force with coins? o_O [face_talk_hand]

4. weezer

weezer Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 16, 2001
    The coins were great I'd love to see those brought back.

Hasbro is definatly going to back to the OT sooner or later. Its their bread and butter (actually its just a bet to see how many luke variations we will really buy). I'm sure that like the saga line and even the OTC line they'll include something from all six movies.

Like mentioned above there have been rumors of them revisting the VOTC line.

5. hitmbig

hitmbig Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 6, 2004
    I hope they make figures for the fat dancer, cantina females, EP1 Bib Fortuna and MORE EU FIGURES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6. skywalker_1982

Dec 25, 2004
    Really though they would have not just bought out the earlybird kit for no reason.

7. jruppert

jruppert Jedi Youngling

Oct 2, 2003
    i would love to see more, LOTS MORE, extended universe stuff. there is a huge amount of material they can dive into from the comics and novels. just like they did with Shadows.... i imagine they could make some awesome Vong figures!

8. skywalker_1982

Dec 25, 2004
    I dont think they will bring out EU figures cause it is good for us collectors cause we know about these characters but from a marketing point of view the toys are aimed at kids they are not going to know who the likes of mara jade are or let alone any of the other eu characters. There aim for a fact is to release the old vintage lines from the 12 backs to the power of the force with the coins you will have kids in the stores with their parents going "wow darth vader" then the parents will also be going "wow darth vader hey I used to have this type of carded figure when I was a kid" and then they would sell.

9. deltau922

deltau922 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 19, 1999
    Please, I'm begging Hasbro. No more figures.

10. PhantomMenace

PhantomMenace Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 20, 2001
    A new line spanning all six films would basically be a new Saga line. I hope they eventually move towards that... and I hope they create an awesome packaging scheme but release figures from each movie with a different colored packaging, such as blue for TPM, yellow for AOTC, red for ROTS, etc.

11. ClassicIron

ClassicIron Jedi Youngling

May 31, 2005
    I disagree, because the Saga line was weak in the ammount they made. Only the main cast and a few castaways had figures. What i want is an ultimate line where everyone and his mother has a figure, on a high quality EP3 style card with some creat sculpts!!!! Only time will tell.....

12. cooltazz

cooltazz Jedi Youngling

May 27, 2005
    I have a Bib Fortuna :)
    from when i was a kid.
    but i would like to see them make more figues,

13. Jedi_Riibu

Jedi_Riibu Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 14, 2001
    I don't care what they call it, I just want them to release figures that haven't been released. There's at least a dozen Padme outfits that haven't been molded in 3.75" plastic. I would like young Beru and Owen Lars. I don't need more Han Solos or Darth Vaders. I do think there should be a new EU line. Nothing huge, but I think the market is large enough to warrent a series of 6-12 figures. Kids might not know or understand who Jacen and Jaina Solo or Mara Jade are, but if you do a little cross-promoting on the back with DelRey, book sales will increase and everyone will be happy.

14. weezer

May 16, 2001
    Really though they would have not just bought out the earlybird kit for no reason.

The reason was that it was a nostalgic look back at the original line for the last movie ever.

I'm sure that we are all sick of Luke, Han, and Leia variations but thats what we are going to get. Thats what makes Hasbro the money because its what keeps collectors and kids buying money.

EU would be great and Hasbro is thinking about doing it again but its always a dividing issue. I think it would sell just because collectors and EU fans would buy it but not all collectors are EU fans.

In the end the new line will likely be alot like the Saga or OTC lines (hopefuly more like the OTC ;) ) mostly resculpts or re-releases of the classic figures with a few PT characters here and there. I'm sure there will be a lot of nice surprises and its likely that the ROTS figures will take front and center for at least the begining.

15. anakinvader101

anakinvader101 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 14, 2005
    Id like them to make silver figures of all the characters from all 6 movies for like a anniversary special

16. i_want_to_be_a_droid

i_want_to_be_a_droid Jedi Youngling star 3

May 31, 2005
    i just want droids (hostile droids, not these lame droids that dont do anything like c3po). the only non hostile droid i accept is the astromech droids. i need to see more griev body gaurds perhaps in different colors like a commander or a pilot or something that has not been released yet. i would love to buy general griev's ship.

17. weezer

May 16, 2001
    Id like them to make silver figures of all the characters from all 6 movies for like a anniversary special

You mean like the glut of silver figures we already got for the 25th anniversary (silver)

If they do something like that again they'll probably wait until 2007. Though I'm not really sure how we could have diamond or pearl figures.

18. JEDI_MISFIT138

JEDI_MISFIT138 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 6, 2003
    I just can't get into the whole silver thing. I know a lot of people like it, but it doesn't do anything for me.

19. IncomT65

IncomT65 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 28, 1999
    Maybe Hasbro should remake the original vintage figures into the high quality type of RotS. And for old times' sake, offer them for '77-'85 prices :D

20. weezer

May 16, 2001
    Maybe Hasbro should remake the original vintage figures into the high quality type of RotS. And for old times' sake, offer them for '77-'85 prices

They are (maybe)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.