main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Any info on when tickets will be made available?

Discussion in 'Archive: Boston, MA' started by WackyBelfast, Apr 21, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WackyBelfast

WackyBelfast Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 7, 2002
    Been away on vacation and was wondering if any info has been released as to the sale of tickets for the midnight showing of AOTC at the Randolph cinema?

2. Grand Admiral Reese

Grand Admiral Reese Jedi Knight star 6

Sep 1, 1999
    No real info yet, sorry. I'm hoping to hear something soon. After all, there's less than a month left...

3. Theedage

Theedage Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 15, 2001
    Could always get a job at a cinema and get the inside scoop.

4. Pellaeon69187

Pellaeon69187 Jedi Master star 5

Dec 28, 2000
    No new news here.

5. Pellaeon69187

Dec 28, 2000
    May 3rd is the day!

6. TIEace

TIEace Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 27, 2000
    The person in TESBDF said that all they did was go to their local theater and reserve the tickets.

7. Vertical

Vertical Former Head Admin star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 6, 1999
    I called the Framingham 15 theater today, and spoke with someone who was VERY certain that they would be selling them one week prior to release.

Vertical

8. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    Hey guys if you are seeing Ep 2 in a Loews or SOny owed theater we just found out that they are going on sale May 3rd which will suck for me since I'll be at celebration 2 at the time.

9. Pellaeon69187

Dec 28, 2000
    Your lucky, Rox. Thanks for the confirmation though.

10. Grand Admiral Reese

Grand Admiral Reese Jedi Knight star 6

Sep 1, 1999
    WE're going to a Loews, so the 3rd it is.

11. Adi_Gallia_9

Adi_Gallia_9 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 16, 2001
    Has anyone heard when tickets go on sale at Randolph or Bellingham? And are there going to be Midnight showings?

12. Pellaeon69187

Dec 28, 2000
    Nope, sorry. We are all in the dark. :(

13. JediRaanic

JediRaanic Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 23, 2001
    Any word on any Hoyts theaters??

14. TK7771

TK7771 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 22, 2001
    TFN posted this report,the only theartre in Mass thats on the list is Framingham.

15. WackyBelfast

Mar 7, 2002
    I called the Randolph cinema early this morning, spoke to a very kind young lady, who said that they have no information at this time, and were getting quite a few calls regarding this.

She did say that WHEN the tickets become available, you can either buy them online at movietickets.com or by calling the ticket order line at 781-963-5600...

From what she told me, the head office have not given out ANY info as to when they can start selling tickets for AOTC (she did say that AMC theatres usually sell tickets before them, as what happened with spiderman), the only advice she gave me was to call back later in the day.

One thing I did spot is that there is a ad banner on movietickets.com, announcing that tickets for AOTC would be going on sale on friday, it's a flash animation, i'm not sure if it's meant to be clickable (not at the moment!) but hopefully when the tickets start to be issued, that this will be the main link to getting the tickets online.

12:12am, I just called the Randolph and they still have no information regarding ticket sales for AOTC. Bummer!

16. JediRaanic

JediRaanic Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 23, 2001
    Hoyts will know tonight or Monday when they can sell tickets...I'll try again tonight sometime...

17. AtonAngeles

AtonAngeles Jedi Youngling

May 3, 2002
    I was just at Loews Cineplex in Liberty Tree Mall at Danvers. They said that they would definitely not have them available today, and most likely next Thursday or Friday. It seems like AMC has the jump on Loews.

18. WackyBelfast

Mar 7, 2002
    I just checked the movietickets.com site and they are showing that you can purchase tickets for two theatres in the area ONLINE, WOO HOO!!!

Thu, May 16th
      AMC Chestnut Hill
      12:30pm , 3:45pm , 7:00pm , 10:15pm

AMC Fenway 13
      12:30pm , 3:45pm , 7:00pm , 10:15pm
    You can buy tickets online for all these showings...

Still no sign of midnight screenings... Plus they have not put up any info about any other cinema.

Here's the link (to movietickets.com, for AOTC, zip 02116 [boston], all cinema's within 40 miles, 16th May 2002) that I use to check for tickets availability.

http://www.movietickets.com/movie_detail.asp?movie_id=26243&SearchSort=1&SearchZip=02116&SearchRadius=40&ShowDate=13

Hope this is of some help.

19. Yoguurt

Yoguurt Jedi Youngling

Aug 8, 2001
    Go to movietickets.com and select 5/15 as the date. This should show the midnight showing for Fenway.
    I already bought a bunch of tix for 7PM 5/16 at Fenway. I wanted to go to Boston Common for the midnight showing but Loews is being difficult...

20. Vertical

Apr 6, 1999
    I just tried the Framingham 15 Cinema's autoline. They're selling tickets.

But it appears the Midnight showing "isn't available". I went through the entire process, and selected 4 adult tickets for the "12:01AM" showing of Ep. II, and I gave them my CC number and everything, then it comes back and says "I'm sorry, tickets for this showing are unavailable".

I wonder if that means they're sold out?

Anyone else have any luck?

Vertical

21. Vertical

Apr 6, 1999
    Update:

Framingham 15 Midnight showing *is*, in fact, sold out.

Vertical

22. TK7771

Jul 22, 2001
    I dont think every theartre is doing a midnight showing.And yes Loews seems to be the only one having trouble,AMC theartres are already selling tix!

23. Yoguurt

Yoguurt Jedi Youngling

Aug 8, 2001
    I tried Framingham a couple of times by phone. Selected 12:01AM showing in THX-certified theater. Couldn't get anything. It didn't specifically say they were sold out, though, just that they were "not available". There was also another 12:01AM showing at Framingham (in a non THX-certified theater?). I didn't try for this one though.
    Does anyone know if tickets were on sale at Framingham at 9AM this morning (physically at the box office), like it said on the US & Canada updates section?

24. Vertical

Apr 6, 1999
    I just got off the phone with Framingham 15. The guy said there *is* another midnight showing that has not (at the time of the call) been added to the automated purchase line.

However, since I can't imagine they have more than one of those digital projectors (do they?), I hardly think it's worth it for me to drive all that way to see it there.

Thoughts?

Vertical

25. TK7771

Jul 22, 2001
    I think Framingham may have 2 of the DPL rooms,I know that they have a few THX certified rooms,but their not DPL.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.