main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Any info on when tickets will be made available?

Discussion in 'Archive: Boston, MA' started by WackyBelfast, Apr 21, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vertical

Vertical Former Head Admin star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 6, 1999
    Just called and asked. Only 1 DPL room.

Suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuucks.

Oh well. Guess I'll be going somewhere else at midnight.

Vertical

2. TK7771

TK7771 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 22, 2001
    your more than welcome to join us Downtown!! its not dpl but its AOTC!! :D

3. Vertical

Apr 6, 1999
    Where downtown? What theater?

Vertical

4. TK7771

Jul 22, 2001
    We're planning on going to the Loews by The Commons!! still no word from them on tix sales,but I've been on the phone with them everyday and their just as anxios(sp?) as we are.

5. Vertical

Apr 6, 1999
    You should shoot for Fenway 13, they're selling midnight tix online right now.

Vertical

6. TK7771

Jul 22, 2001
    yeah I thought about that theartre,but the one by the Commons is a much better theartre.

7. Vertical

Apr 6, 1999
    Yeah, don't listen to me, I don't know the theaters at all. I'm from New Hampshire, after all. :)

Vertical

8. Darth Dowe

Darth Dowe Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 23, 1999
    Yeah, the Common theatre has stadium seating! :)

9. TK7771

Jul 22, 2001
    so does the fenway13,but the commons loews is just a way better theartre,it has a more comfortable feel to it,plus theres a bar inside :D

Vertical- [face_laugh] theres still drive-ins in NH

10. Darth Dowe

Darth Dowe Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 23, 1999
    Yay for the bar inside, eh? ;)

11. Vertical

Apr 6, 1999
    Bar inside??

SOLD!

Vertical

12. TK7771

Jul 22, 2001
    and who says drinking doesnt bring people together?? ;)

13. JediRaanic

JediRaanic Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 23, 2001
    I need Hoyts tickets!!! :_|

14. Adi_Gallia_9

Adi_Gallia_9 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 16, 2001
    This is so frustrating! TFN's posting stories about how so many fans already have tickets and the guy I just called at Randolph says they have no clue when tickets are even going on sale! And they're tickets for Fenway's Midnight showing already on sale but no one will drive me there. By the way, does anyone know the phone number for the Hoyts in Bellingham? I have the number to order tickets, but not the number to talk to a person and ask them about AotC.

15. Pellaeon69187

Pellaeon69187 Jedi Master star 5

Dec 28, 2000
    Yay, Vert is coming. I knew you would!

16. Grand Admiral Reese

Grand Admiral Reese Jedi Knight star 6

Sep 1, 1999
    We get to meet a real live JC Admin! :D

17. Vertical

Apr 6, 1999
    I'll be with my college buddies, so let's not let on to them just how much of a geek I really am, though, OK? Hehe.

Vertical

18. Malazaf

Malazaf Jedi Youngling star 4

Apr 7, 2002
    For a small fee, they assure you no word will be spoken......

[face_devil]

19. Rhane-1138

Rhane-1138 Jedi Master star 1

Nov 9, 2001
    Despite what it seems, there isn't a conspiracy to prevent nearly everyone in Boston from getting tickets to this movie. (I don't think). I've called several theatres today, several times, and here's a summary of what I've learned. All Loews theatres (including Liberty Tree mall (which is 5 mins. from my house) and the one near Boston Common) as well as all National Amusements theatres (which include Showcase Cinemas, like the one in Randoph) have no information whatsoever regarding Episode II. That includes them not knowing if they will even get it. Hoyts theatres seem to be in the same situation, but I didn't actually talk to anyone from Hoyts. However, the nice lady from Randolph Showcase (who I think spent all day talking to people like me, including some who apparantly post on this very board) stated that this is not unusual for them. In general, if a theatre got Episode I (and kept it) then they will get Episode II. All that we are waiting for is for the "Home Office" of either Loews or National Amusements (depending on where you want to get tickets) to finish negotiations (or whatever they are doing) with Fox Distribution Company. Apparantly, Fox negotiates with AMC Home Offices first, before Loews, National Amusements, or Hoyts. So, all that said, we basically still don't know anything more than we ever have, except that we will still probably be able to get tickets in the near future. I don't suppose anyone knows how to contact the "home office" to a theatre company? We should be bugging them more than theatre managers, apparantly.

20. thepalp

thepalp Jedi Youngling

Aug 6, 2001
    Yes yes yes.

For all of those that have the patience to wait for Loews and Showcase to get their act together, good luck.

I live in Salem. For Phantom I had to go to Revere with a friend because Loews Liberty Tree really has no interest in helping us - the Star Wars die-hards. So they're meatheads.

I just came back from Fenway after experiencing numerous glitches with movietickets.com. You know, I WANT THAT TREATY SIG... THOSE TICKETS NOW. There's no line, no hassle, tickets were still available as of 11pm, and there's no limit on tickets to be purchased - a fact worth considering since movietickets.com puts a 10-head limit.

Okay peace out... and I look forward to experiencing lightsabers, starships, bounty hunters, and the dark side with all of you. Rock On! 11 Days!

21. Pellaeon69187

Dec 28, 2000
    Wow, thanks for all the work you guys have done. This is getting frustrating. Hopefully info will become avalible tomorrow...

22. TIEace

TIEace Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 27, 2000
    Should we just go to the other theater or what?

23. Grand Admiral Reese

Grand Admiral Reese Jedi Knight star 6

Sep 1, 1999
    I have a bad feeling about this. Everyone else across the country is getting theirs. Across the world they've been onsale for weeks, so why don't we have them?

24. Jedi Windu

Jedi Windu Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 8, 1999
    Simple, General Cinemas know they have Attack. Showcase and Loews don't know for sure.

25. Pellaeon69187

Dec 28, 2000
    I have a really bad feeling about this!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.