Any info on when tickets will be made available?

Discussion in 'Boston, MA' started by WackyBelfast, Apr 21, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. narq Jedi Padawan

Correction ... We win. One of those is mine. =D

-mb
  2. Theedage Jedi Master

star 4
    Untill you pay me they're mine =D
  3. JediRaanic Jedi Master

star 4
    Hoyts Hyannis....tickets go on sale @ midnight tonight...confirmed by 2 calls.

EDIT: Theaters in Harwich, South Dennis, and Hyannis have NO midnight showings :(
  4. Pellaeon69187 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    So, any new info? I pray they go on sale soon!
  5. Theedage Jedi Master

star 4
  6. Grand Admiral Reese Jedi Grand Master

star 6
  7. TIEace Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    On the Loews web site there is a banner to order advance tickets for AOTC.
  8. TIEace Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Tickets are on sale for AOTC right now...for many different theaters. However, I assume we need midight showings? We could always go to an early showing...although I know midnight showings have the better feel.
  9. JediRaanic Jedi Master

star 4
    Hoyts..........WTF is wrong with this company??? They say tickets are going on sale at midnight on movietickets.com, and now they obviously ARE NOT! The phone ordering system isn't updated, and they've already started selling tickets!!!!!!! I can't go to the theater because I'm at school 3 hours of driving away!!!!WFT, get your freaking act togather you stupid excuse for a company!! If they didn't have a monopoly on Cape Cod they would never get my business EVER again!!!!!! Don't you just love it when other people screw up your universe? AAAAAARGH!!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:
  10. Pellaeon69187 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
  11. Yoguurt Jedi Padawan

A bunch of Loews theaters, including Boston Common, were put up on Fandango last night, if you guys hadn't noticed.
    I called Boston Common last night to ask about midnight shows, and they said they hadn't decided yet to have one or not. ?!?! I don't really understand what there would be to decide. Anyway, they said they will have an answer to that by "end of this week or Monday of next week."
    They need to make up their minds already.
  12. Rhane-1138 Jedi Knight

star 1
    Here's the thing about those Randolph times, that is a schedule the theater put together based on their recieveing two FILM prints of Episode II. NONE of those times can ever be digital. If (when) they get a digital print, they will ADD times to that schedule, that will be for the DLP room only. So now, the really unfortunate dilemma, is whether or not to assume that A) they will get a digital print and B) that they will show it at midnight, and C) that it will be possible to get tickets to this show, or, whether regular tickets to regular prints should just be purchased. Cool this is not.
  13. WackyBelfast Jedi Knight

star 1
    I certainly agree, Rhane-1138, this is the dilema.

I just called Randolph, and they said yet again that they do not have any info on whether they will indeed get a digital copy.

The showings that they have tickets form in the listings on movietickets.com are for normal THX film theatres, and as the lady said to me on the phone, if they are to add a DLP showing it will be in addition to the times that they have already posted.

Plus, they said as of now, they do not have a midnight showing scheduled.

Maybe they will get a digital copy and maybe they will have a midnight showing.

Or maybe I'll be abducted by aliens in a field in South Boston, anything is certainly possible!

I just wish these cinema's would really make up their mids, this is beginning to become a circus, starwars fans looking for info on where and when they can see George Lucas's latest StarWars flick in digital, preferably at a midnight showing.

Either way, I hope that they notify the cinema soon as if they delat it any longer, all the tickets for the regular showings at Randolph will be all sold out!

ho hum, what is a starwars fan to do?
  14. DarthMog Jedi Knight

Midnight tickets to Randolph on sale right now on Movietickets.com. Hurry.
  15. WackyBelfast Jedi Knight

star 1
    Woo Hoo... i also see that there are other theatres releasing midnight tickets...

http://www.movietickets.com/movie_detail.asp?movie_id=26243&SearchZip=02368&SearchRadius=40&ShowDate=6&image1.x=5&image1.y=14

Showcase Cinemas Randolph , 15th May 2002, 12:01am , 12:06am

Showcase Cinemas Worcester North , 15th May 2002, 12:01am , 12:06am

Showcase Cinemas Lowell , 15th May 2002, 12:01am , 12:06am

Showcase Cinemas Lawrence 1-6 , 15th May 2002, 12:01am , 12:06am

Showcase Cinemas Warwick , 15th May 2002, 12:01am , 12:06am
    BUT there is a but...

I called Randolph, and they say that they are NOT DIGITAL, and there is still no more info on whether they will indeed get a digital copy, EVEN THOUGH they are one of only two theatres in MASS that have a digital theatre.

I also asked, that if fans purchase tickets for these midnight showings, can they switch over to the digital theatre if and when a digital copy is put in the schedule. the answer was NO, unless there are spare seats that have not been sold out in the digital theatre!

The lady also said that the theatre is small, smaller than the rest of the theatres in the Randolph complex and that some people have actually complained about this fact alone.

So what do we do? Purchase tickets or wait it out and see if they do indeed get a release schedule for a digital copy?

Think I'll hold out in the hope that they do have AOTC added to the schedule for a digital copy, it's either that or see about getting tickets for the Framingham theatre for the weekend to be able to see this movie in Digital.
  16. WackyBelfast Jedi Knight

star 1
    Digital tickets...

OK, I called the AMC Framingham 15 and CURRENTLY they have tickets available for showings on friday and saturday (friday 7pm is sold out as well as all the showings for the Thursday and of course the two midnight showings!)

The key to this is that the tickets listed on movietickets.com ARE ALL DIGITAL, as confirmed by my call to the cinema.

The TWO midnight showings at AMC Framingham, are presented in Digital and normal THX film, so those lucky enough to have tickets for the 12:01 Digital are very very lucky starwars fans!

If Randolph does not make up their minds very very soon, I'm seriously thinking of getting tickets for a showing possibly on saturday at Framingham so at least I can see the movie in digital, but tickets will most probably go very quickly.

So Randolph, if you want my and other starwars fans business, I SUGGEST you get your act together, and possibly make some sort of DECISION as you are possibly going to loose the business of those those fans like myself who want to see the film digital and do have the means to travel to the only other digital enabled cinema, Framingham, it's going to be a honk from Quincy, but I think it would be well worth the road trip!
  17. marajade128 Jedi Knight

i ordered midnight tix for the chestnut hill theatres a couple of minutes ago...

http://movies.yahoo.com/shop?d=hv&cf=showtimes&id=1800421139&z=boston,%20ma&dt=6

dani
  18. Theedage Jedi Master

star 4
    http://www.uvm.edu/~mbabetsk/pics/MidnightShowing!!!%20w00t%20w00t.JPG =D
  19. Grand Admiral Reese Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    THere are still showings available at the Loews during the day of the 16th. Of course, that isn't good for me, I already took the 15th but not the 16th off work...I want a midnight showing and I want the tix now!
  20. Jedi Windu Jedi Master

star 4
  21. Crix-Madine Force Ghost

star 4
    I too have scored tickets to the 12:01 show at Chestnut Hill. I will have a crew of 10 with me!
  22. Yoguurt Jedi Padawan

Loews Boston Common midnight tix for 5/15 are available!

Well, I just picked up my midnight tix at Loews Boston Common. They say it should show up on Fandango tonight sometime (hopefully), but they ARE selling them at the theater - I just got back from there. Don't worry, there's no line or anything (probably cause no one really knew ahead of time).
    BTW, it's in theater 2. When I bought, they said there were still about 580 seats out of 650 left.

Ahh, now I can rest easy for the next few days...

23. Grand Admiral Reese Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Who in their right mind begins selling tix at the box office before putting them up online?
  24. jmkb-44 Jedi Knight

I was bale to get tix today for the midnight show for the Hoyts in Providence, and when I was pickung them up, the manager said they will probably open the theater an hour early for the show, but made no mention of how long people want to stand around in line waiting to get in.
  25. JediRaanic Jedi Master

star 4
    I now have 2 tickets for a midnight showing!!!! Wellfleet Theaters on the Cape is the only one around with midnight showing. I can't wait!! 6 days!!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.