main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Any info on when tickets will be made available?

Discussion in 'Archive: Boston, MA' started by WackyBelfast, Apr 21, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Grand Admiral Reese

Grand Admiral Reese Jedi Knight star 6

Sep 1, 1999
    Well, it seems our plans for a big meet in the heart of Boston have been torn asunder, but I think we'll all have fun.

2. Jedi Windu

Jedi Windu Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 8, 1999
    we still have saturday! :)

3. WackyBelfast

WackyBelfast Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 7, 2002
    I just called Randolph, no word as of yet about a digital copy.

I talked to a guy who said that most probably they will not be getting a digital copy, as if they were getting one, they would have heard by now.

4. Ryno

Ryno Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 7, 2002
    Just to let you know the Star Wars website does not have all of thier digital booking done yet. Don't give up hope yet.

5. Grand Admiral Reese

Sep 1, 1999
    That's good. Perhaps there is hope for seeing it in digital yet.

6. Pellaeon69187

Pellaeon69187 Jedi Master star 5

Dec 28, 2000
  7. Jedi Windu

Jedi Windu Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 8, 1999
    I hope they get the digtal print. (its not a print..whatever its called :))

8. WackyBelfast

Mar 7, 2002
  9. Pellaeon69187

Pellaeon69187 Jedi Master star 5

Dec 28, 2000
    They will. I mean, they are one of only 20 theaters in the country with this technology. They have to

10. Grand Admiral Reese

Sep 1, 1999
    Yeah. It'd seem weird to send it to all but one of the theaters of its type. Unless they forgot Randolph existed or something.

11. Jedi_Hood

Jedi_Hood Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 10, 2000
    Hey, I didn't know Randolph existed until our first meet.

12. Grand Admiral Reese

Sep 1, 1999
    But you aren't a film distributor.

13. WackyBelfast

Mar 7, 2002
    I don't think Randolph has been forgotten (anyone got a number to fox/the film's distributors so we can check that this is indeed NOT true...), my thoughts are that the DLP screen in Randolph is small, so Lucas/film distributors have neglected to give them a copy on this point, it's DIGITAL YES, but not up to the standard that they expect!

Plus from what I have heard, AOTC will be shown in some 1000+ less screens than Spiderman (so there is a possibility that AOTC will not break the record that Spiderman has posted for an opening weekend), reason - sound requirements; Lucas is very specific about this and is rejecting theatres left and right.

14. headstomp

headstomp Jedi Youngling

Apr 30, 2002
    ok people Randolph has the DLP go now and buy away!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.movietickets.com/house_detail.asp?SearchZip=&house_id=4848&house_pos=0&movie_id=0&ShowDate=2

they also have a midnight showing

Im going to the 3pm one myself.

Ive kinda already seen the first half and had to stop myself from seening all of it until thursday

15. WackyBelfast

Mar 7, 2002
    WOW, the number of screens are growing that are showing AOTC.

Randolph has now 5 screens scheduled to show AOTC. So has Showcase Cinemas Revere with 5, Showcase Cinemas Woburn with 4, and all the rest seem to be adding more additional screenings.

I just hope that one of these additional screenings posted for Randolph is DIGITAL... would be really nice if it was...
      S T O P . . . T H E . . . P R E S S E S ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !
    Just got off the phone, and Randolph ARE GETTING A DIGITAL COPY, this has been CONFIRMED, the guy said that he heard YESTERDAY.

Midnight showing is listed as the 12:11am showing, as posted in the link by headstomp below.

movietickets.com also now lists the times for the digital projection. Again, follow the link that headstomp posted below.

16. headstomp

headstomp Jedi Youngling

Apr 30, 2002
    Wackybelfast read my post above.

THEY DO HAVE IT AND ALSO A MIDNIGHT ONE TOO AT 12:11AM.

i hoped you waited to get tickets like me. :)

http://www.movietickets.com/house_detail.asp?SearchZip=&house_id=4848&house_pos=0&movie_id=0&ShowDate=1

17. WackyBelfast

Mar 7, 2002
    WOw, just checked, and thanks headstomp, this is the info listed on movietickets.com

Star Wars: Episode II - Attack of the Clones (DLP-Digital Projection) (PG) 2 hrs. 12 min.
    12:11am

Just follow the link that headstomp has posted and you will see it!

I just called Randolph, and 12:11am, is the DIGITAL SHOWING!!! CONFORMED!

18. WackyBelfast

Mar 7, 2002
    Just purchased tickets online, 12:11am showing in DLP, for pickup at the theatre, the print thingy would not go through (some error or another) so I had to resort to using the ATM thing for ticket pickup.

See ya there, for the 12:11 showing, want to meet up before the showing?

What time do you think it's good to show up? I know others are going to other midnight showings at Chestnut Hills and so forth and are meeting up like 6 hours before hand.

Anyone else going to this showing... so far myself and headstomp.

19. headstomp

headstomp Jedi Youngling

Apr 30, 2002
    Actually i am not sure if I can make the 12 am one. i got tixs for the 3pm one.

Hey Wackybelfast patience pays off huh.

I think randolph did that on purpose. they probably knew all along they were going to get the DLP version. They just wanted to make sure they sold out their first showings of the regular one.

20. WackyBelfast

Mar 7, 2002
    I got work the next day, but it's going to be worth it.

I was all set to get tickets to Framingham, for Saturday, but the wait for Randolph to get their act together has definatly paid off...

You think Randolph done that on purpose? Granted, the two other screenings at midnight sold out very quickly (and they have two other additional screenings at midnight listed), but why would Randolph hold back such info. Granted it worked against them at the start with all the speculation about whether they were going to get a DLP copy, but now that tickets have been made available for DLP screenings, things should look up for them.

Maybe the problem was with LucasFilm or with Showcase management, but either way, I'm happy that i'm going to see it in Digital, roll on wednesday night, thursday morning!

21. AlfWasEvil

AlfWasEvil Jedi Youngling

May 9, 2002
    I noticed there are two 9:30pm screenings of AOTC, one film and one DLP, but there dosen't seem to be any way to verify or confirm you bought tickets for one versus the other. Yes, there are two links but once you click on one it simply says you are buying tickets for the 9:30 show, that's it. I forsee some bad things happening here.

22. WackyBelfast

Mar 7, 2002
    I don't even see TWO showings of AOTC at 9:30pm? for any days... Here is the schedule for AOTC on Friday 18th May 2002 as an example :-
      Star Wars: Episode II - Attack of the Clones (PG) 2 hrs. 12 min.
      09:30am, 10:00am, 10:30am, 11:00am, 12:35pm, 1:05pm, 1:40pm, 2:10pm, 3:40pm, 4:10pm, 4:45pm, 5:15pm, 6:45pm, 7:15pm, 8:00pm, 8:30pm, 10:00pm, 10:30pm, 11:05pm, 11:35pm

Star Wars: Episode II - Attack of the Clones (DLP-Digital Projection) (PG) 2 hrs. 12 min.
      11:45am, 3:00pm, 6:15pm, 9:30pm, 12:35am
    It would be VERY strange and hard to arrange to schedule two movies for the same time, maybe you saw this as an error on their site.

One thing I did notice was that AOTC is not even listed on movietickets for Thursday 16th (maybe they are updating the info...?), and if you look at the movie listing for Friday onwards, you will see only two movies listed for showing at Randolph, AOTC in normal and AOTC in Digital, for the next 7 days, Spiderman is not even listed, it's last playdate is Thursday, again unless they are updating times and schedules for all movies at Randolph due to the scheduling of AOTC at the theatre.

23. AlfWasEvil

AlfWasEvil Jedi Youngling

May 9, 2002
    Yup, when I went back to the movietickets this afternoon there were NO showtimes listed for Thursday at all at Randolph. They JUST got listed again and there is only the DLP 9:30 screening now. Guess they did make a mistake and have corrected it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.