main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Any Londoners here?

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by GreenGreatWarrior, Jun 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GreenGreatWarrior

GreenGreatWarrior Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 16, 2003
    I'm seeing AC/DC at Wembley on Friday and was wondering how much it'd cost to take the tube. I looked online and it says we'd be starting at Hyde Park Corner then going to Alperton which should be £4 single, but couldn't find anything about returns. How much dearer does a return ticket usually cost?

2. chrisfree

chrisfree Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 28, 2006
    Hello,

You might have been better off posting this in the London forum.
    Anyway. If you say £4 for one leg of journey, I say you could buy a one-day travelcard, assuming you are not starting off before 9:30 am. Also, the £4 fare is for those who don't have an oyster card. Which means that your return ticket would be another £4. I strongly suggest that you get an oyster card, especially if you come to London more than once, and maybe for longer periods too, or even just the occasional concert. It costs £3 pounds to get it and according to tfl's website there is a £5 cap for daily travel on oyster. So you'd spend £3+5 which is the same as £4+4 but if you have to get on the bus too it's really worth it.

It does sound complicated, but for example if you just hop on a bus I think it's about £2, while with oyster card only £1.1.

And I wrote that because Alperton tube station is quite a long way from Wembley stadium to walk.

3. halibut

halibut Ex-Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 27, 2000
    You can also get your £3 back if you return your oyster card.

4. chrisfree

Apr 28, 2006
    Can you still? I was wondering about that, since recently they made the £3 registration fee compulsory. I'm sure you're right.

5. halibut

halibut Ex-Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 27, 2000
    I went to London a few months back, and there were posters saying that at the end of May, the £3 Oyster Card would come with £3 credit on it. Then when I went again in June, those posters had mysteriously vanished but we were told we could get our £3 back if we wanted - which we did.

6. emilsson

emilsson Force Ghost star 6

Oct 5, 1998
    The £3 is a refundable deposit according to www.tfl.gov.uk :).

May be a bit late, but those travel directions sound very odd to me. I have gone to Wembley and I find that the best way from Hyde Park Corner is to take the Piccadilly line just one stop to Green Park and change to the Jubilee line that passes Wembley Park.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  7. GreenGreatWarrior

Apr 16, 2003
    Thanks for the help, even though I didn't really use it. Following and asking other AC/DC fans seemed to do the trick!

8. chrisfree

Apr 28, 2006
    I heard the concert was great. It certainly sounded like that from our garden. :D

Out of interest, was there any Jackson tribute?

9. GreenGreatWarrior

Apr 16, 2003
    Nah, there wasn't.

I saw the Red Hot Chili Peppers in Manchester when Syd Barrett died though where they paid tribute to him though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.