main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Wash, DC Any major collectors in the area?

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Darth_Stalker, Sep 14, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Stalker

Darth_Stalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 14, 2002
    Are any of you guys/gals major collectors? When I say Major I mean 200 figures or more. I'd like to get some idea about who else is entering Hasbro's contest.

2. Mitt

Mitt Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 10, 1999
    I'm a major collector but I have no desire to enter a contest.

3. Darth_Stalker

Sep 14, 2002
    Why not? You could win some really cool stuff.

4. Mitt

Mitt Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 10, 1999
    Didn't know about it actually, and don't really want to put in the effort either. :p

5. Dark_Jedi_Kam

Dark_Jedi_Kam Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 12, 2002
    I collect, but not the figures

6. malkieD2

malkieD2 Ex-Manager and RSA star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2002
    I'll collect anything but figures

malkie

7. Darth_Stalker

Sep 14, 2002
    What's wrong with collecting the figures? I figured that was the most collected group.

8. strangebehaviour

strangebehaviour Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 11, 2002
    I collect some of the figures. I would collect more if I had money to spend. I only have about 12 of the new collection but I hope to buy more in the future when I find a decent job. :)

9. Darth_Stalker

Sep 14, 2002
    I personally have a pretty big collection and I'm to the point now that my collection is going to force me to move. I just don't have enough room in this apartment anymore. I had a four bedroom house before I got divorced and I didn't realize what a luxary all that storage space was.

10. Cinnea

Cinnea Retired FanForce CR, Washington DC star 4

Jul 15, 2002
    I don't think I'd call myself a major collector even though we've got a lot of SW stuff in our apartment. I just happened to decide (in response to not getting all the toys I wanted for Christmas) that when I was grown up and had money, I'd buy whatever I wanted! But since it all comes out of the box and gets assembled/played with/enjoyed, I'm pretty sure I don't count as a major collector. Now, if I win the lottery or something, things may change!!

11. Darth_Stalker

Sep 14, 2002
    Same here Cinnea. Alot of people don't understand my fascination with gathering so much stuff but when you're a kid in a poor family that can't afford stuff it just makes you want it all that much more. When I grew up not only did I start collecting all the new stuff, but I even went back and bought a bunch of old stuff off of e-bay. Since I couldn't have a second stormtrooper when I was a kid I bought twenty one when I grew up. I guess people would call it compensation or something.

12. strangebehaviour

Aug 11, 2002
    I can understand that. It also doesn't help that, being a girl, I always got Barbies instead of SW figures. My grandparents thought SW was for boys, grr. My mom bought me some SW things but we were poor growing up so I didn't get much. I'm making up for it now. And I have this habit of leaving almost everything in the package.

13. Darth_Stalker

Sep 14, 2002
    Most people think that Star Wars is a male thing since for years Leia was practically the only woman in the galaxy. (And I always wondered how there could be such a large population if 98% were male :) ) I started leaving my stuff in the package mainly because I didn't have the room to display it properly otherwise. As it is, 300 pushpins in the wall might not make the landlords happy but I can still see all my stuff :)

14. stateless

stateless Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 30, 2002
    Ah yes, push-pins in the wall...

I'm not really a major collector, but I do have a fair bit of stuff. My main rule is if I want it, I buy it. I don't have a ton of the new figures because I only buy the characters I really want (Obi-Wan, Jango, most of the OT). And I do leave them in the package because I like how they look in the package and I don't lose any of the parts. (Although sometimes I buy 2 of the same figure so I can open one.)

BTW, a warm welcome to Mr. Stalker. :)

15. AT-AT_Commander

AT-AT_Commander Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 23, 2001
    I have the smae idea as stateless. Lotrs of push pins in the wall. getting stuff that i always wanted now that i have the money for. I have decent size collection.

16. Darth_Stalker

Sep 14, 2002
    At-At, Do you plan to enter the contest? If so which state? Both VA and MD are going to be pretty tough from what I've seen.

17. Darth_Stalker

Sep 14, 2002
    Do any of you guys have a 360 degree camera? I really need one for the pics I'm entering in the collectors contest.

18. strangebehaviour

Aug 11, 2002
    nope, sorry. I don't even know what that is.

19. Tohrec-Ri

Tohrec-Ri Jedi Youngling

Aug 29, 2002
    I am beginning collector of stars wars stuff. I initially started with super hero figures. A friend gave me a couple of AOTC figs this summer and I got hooked!

In the meeting thread I mention an antiques show in new jersey (www.atlantiquecity.com),
    a large collectibles show including star wars, I will try to got to this since I am interested in other action figure collections and possible find some hidden treasures :)

Here's some links to help find figures in the area:

http://forums.rebelscum.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=10;t=001194

http://forums.rebelscum.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=10;t=001089

Hector

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.