Det, MI Any Michigan football fans here?

Discussion in 'Mid West Regional Discussion' started by GS335, Mar 11, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheRandomMenace Jedi Master

star 4
    Go Bucks! Buckeyes are totally gonna own the Wolvies! Yeah OSU! Michigan's going down!
  2. Scooby_Wan_Kenobi Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Yeah right, what's OSU's record vs. UM the last decade? What the he** is a buckeye? A nut, isn't it? I rest my case. Go back to your cornfields.
  3. yoda900 Jedi Master

star 4
    MMM, Michigan football I love, yes yes.

Anyway, Last year kind of was dissapointing and I do think they got screwed over at the end of MSU and that did indeed seem to effect them the rest of the season.

However, Dwell on last year we should not. This looks like it may be a stellar year. They did a good job beating a great team like Washington in game one, which they did not do last year, this is indeed a great way to begin a season.
    And I would say that last play that won the game should spark some confidence in our new young kicker.

4. Lady Phoenix Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Absolutely! But you must admit that the game, overall, was a real nail-biter. Our team shows promise, but there's still room for improvement, and not just in the kicking game. ;)
  5. DoubleAgent Jedi Youngling

star 1
    And I would say that last play that won the game should spark some confidence in our new young kicker.

I hope so. I was amazed when the TV announcers were saying that Wolverine fans were going to think of this kid as a hero, and will be remembered for this kick. A hero? Are they crazy? He missed two easy ones previously. The only reason they were in that nail-biting situation to begin with was thanks to two missed FG's earlier. I certainly didn't consider him a hero, but rather I thought he managed to avoid the hangman's noose. I do indeed hope that that game-winning kick instills confidence and consistency.

Winning game 1 against a quality opponent was big. Some repeatable FG scoring will aid in assuring future wins.

(Note: what was up with Lloyd calling a draw play on that last drive, anyway? Sheesh.)
  6. DarthParadox Jedi Youngling

I don't consider Brabbs a hero. I consider him redeemed for his earlier failures, though, and that's important for him and for the way he works with the team.

There were so many places in that game where either team could have done better and come out on top. It was an awesome (though harrowing) game to watch, though.

This Saturday's game against Western, though... I'm not exactly worried about it.
  7. DarthPhelps Jedi Master

star 5
    Donning the other name again. Sorry.

Feel free to come [link=http://boards.theforce.net/message.asp?topic=8111594&page=4]here[/link] now and then to root for Michigan and such.

Last weekend was lousy. Lousy officiating, sloppy play by Michigan, and I am still perplexed by some of Carr's play-calling. They better get their act together for this Utah game.
    :mad:
  8. TheRandomMenace Jedi Master

star 4
    Last time I checked, my Catholic brethren the Irish spanked y'all... haha.
  9. MiraxTHorn Jedi Master

star 4
    I would hardly characterize that debacle they tried to pass off as a game last Saturday as a "spanking", Random! BOTH teams played lousy and the luck of the freakin' Irish kicked in with that phantom touchdown. Michigan didn't help themselves, but the Irish didn't look so stellar, either.

Anyone worried about another let down tomorrow? (And about the Spartans doing to ND what we SHOULD have done?)

Personally, I'm sick of Lloyd's philisophy and lack of motivation and leadership. He hasn't got the team 'up' for any game in several years, imo. That's why we barely squeak by in important games and try to lose the smaller ones. We're going to get left behind now that ND and OSU have coaches who are about traditional TEAM values and motivation. It's not going to happen because of '97, but I'd like to boot Lloyd and bring in someone else. If we end up 8-4 AGAIN, I think I'm going to have a meltdown! (You should have seen me after last year's OSU game. :) )

Regards,
    M.
  10. Jedi_Leopold Jedi Youngling

star 1
    As far as I'm concerned, there were no college football games last Sat. It was a national bye week.

It must have been too painful, (like a PHANTOM MENACE of a touchdown), and has been blocked from my memory.

GO BLUE! Crush Utah! What the $#@% is a Ute anyway?
  11. TheRandomMenace Jedi Master

star 4
    Lost a game Michigan did... how embarassing... how embarassing...
  12. MiraxTHorn Jedi Master

star 4
    Barely squeaked by Cinncinati the Buckeyes did...how embarassing. How embarassing!

Regards,
    M.
  13. TheRandomMenace Jedi Master

star 4
    Hey, a win is a win... or so Kansas City tells me. Rudd, you jack@ss!!!
  14. Jedi_Leopold Jedi Youngling

star 1
    Great TRM, don't get cocky.

Unlike the OSU Suckeyes, U-M doesn't judge the success of a season on only the last game. That is why OSU will continue to be the best college football program to NEVER win a national championship! How many times have the Maize 'n Blue spoiled your dillusions of grandeur? :)
  15. robertyodarugenstein Jedi Padawan

star 4
    As long as Michigan plays Ohio they will never win a national championship.
  16. Lady Phoenix Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Hey, now, don't get too cocky there. Despite being a true blue fan, I can see that OSU has a good team this year. Fortunately, we seem to do best against OSU when they're good! ;) But one should *never* underestimate the OSU/UM rivalry: and that goes both ways.
  17. UndeadPhelps Jedi Youngling

star 1
    That Iowa game was by far the worst showing I think I've ever seen. They couldn't stop the Hawkeyes, and failed to generate any drives of their own.

The only reason they even scored a TD was because they were given a gift deep into Iowa's territory.

Shameful. I was hoping they would be strong enough to defeat Ohio State later this year but now I'm not so certain.

I'm crossin' the ol' fingers in hopes that they can at least avenge that loss to State last year...
  18. MiraxTHorn Jedi Master

star 4
    First - Very funny new persona, Eric!

Second - Saturday was yet another example (in my opinion anyway) that this team has no heart! Lloyd and his staff seem incapable of getting the team ready for any game. I've HAD it! I HATE mediocrity! That is not what being the Leaders and Best is about! A National Title FIVE years ago should not insulate Lloyd to the point where the whole program disintigrates before changes are made!

Regards,
    M.
  19. UndeadPhelps Jedi Youngling

star 1
    Thanks. How'd you know it was me??? ?[face_plain]

:p

I echo your sentiments. If they should beat Michigan State this weekend I know I won't feel as good about it as I should. I feel as though this season has been soured.

I know it's not over, but Iowa and Ohio State are playing too well for this kind of slip-up.

*sigh*
  20. Morrigan_McKnight Jedi Youngling

star 3
    hockey hockey hockey hockey hockey hockey
  21. UndeadPhelps Jedi Youngling

star 1
    Go start a Wolverines Hockey thread why don'tcha?
    :p
  22. MiraxTHorn Jedi Master

star 4
    It IS time for Michigan Hockey! Good idea for the new thread, Eric!

Regards,
    M.
  23. UndeadPhelps Jedi Youngling

star 1
    Your Carrie icon is freakin' me out...er...Carrie.

*note to self: don't upset MiraxTHorn*
  24. MiraxTHorn Jedi Master

star 4
    You know, I've never actually seen that movie (referring to my icon) but the double entendre seemed too rich to ignore. :)

Regards,
    M.

PS - Don't worry too much about making me mad, Undead. I reserve my anger for jerks who PRETEND to be Michigan fans like the two who were sitting behind me at the football game on Saturday! *sigh*
  25. robertyodarugenstein Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Carrie you should read the book Carrie it is much better than movie. It is about 250 pages long really good book. I have to give Stephen King a plug when ever I can. especially this time of year. I'm going to so sad in 2 years when he retires from writting books. :(
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.