Any Milwaukee Filmakers out there?

Discussion in 'Milwaukee, WI' started by stealth9908, Sep 9, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stealth9908 Jedi Knight

star 1
    Just wondering because I am one and would like to see if we can make something happen.
  2. Blackadder1 Jedi Knight

star 1
    Not me personally. More of a film watcher. Hope you get some takers though! :)
  3. SWCostumer Jedi Knight

star 2
    A long time ago, in a decade far away. I did some super8 filmmaking back in the late '70's/early "80's both for fun and in place of a paper for an English class at UWM. A group of us even did a take-off of the original movie trailer for Ep 4 called "Store Wars" (we got kicked out of South Ridge), but I don't have possession of the film and don't see the person who last had it anymore.
  4. stealth9908 Jedi Knight

star 1
    ya i would love to get into the old northridge building for a couple of hours.
  5. ToxicNed Grand Poobah of Madison WI - FF CR

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    You could make a great zombie flick in there.
  6. stealth9908 Jedi Knight

star 1
    No doubt, that would be fun.
  7. Bishop76 Jedi Knight

star 3
    Isn't most, if not all, of the old Northridge building gone now?

I've done some movies in the past. Nothing I'm proud of or that would be considered "family friendly", but you know, they're out there.
  8. JediRacer8 Jedi Master

star 2
    You know, when I met you, I thought you looked familiar.
  9. Bishop76 Jedi Knight

star 3
    Yeah, I get that a lot. I may have been credited in the movie you saw as "Thrust Masterson"
  10. Blackadder1 Jedi Knight

star 1
    o_O

Was this a Larson Production by any chance?
  11. JediRacer8 Jedi Master

star 2
    Didn't you portray a gardener once? I seem to remember a film with lots of perennials in it.
  12. Mauler_II Jedi Knight

star 3

Oh yeah - and wasn't it shot on location at Wal-Mart?
  13. Blackadder1 Jedi Knight

star 1
    Can't breathe...laughing too hard!

[face_laugh]
  14. jedihexer Jedi Master

star 2
    Come to Filmcon 7- meet people who want to make movies like you! Filmcon is in Madison, WI.
    Nov. 17th-19th, 2006. It's all about film making and what goes into indie films. www.filmcon.org

write me with questions
  15. stealth9908 Jedi Knight

star 1
    Ok its been a while since Ive written in this so...I am steady working out the details for my fanfilm and I plan on shooting in april or march(depending on weather). It is a cross between matrix and resident evil. I would like to have some people that have some basic movie skills and people who dont mind being zombies lol. I am working out all the locations but will basically stick to the Northern milwaukee area. My email is stealth9908@yahoo.com if you have questions or are interested.

Note- If you have a "good" camera and would be interested in helping out let me know. I will provide whatever you need as far as miniDV tapes and what not.
  16. BYOB_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I've made some movies.

My boss is doing CG for a Star Wars fan film. I feel sorry for him.
  17. -Solari_Wielder- Jedi Padawan

hi there! Ill be happy to help you out on this, if youd like. im an actress/singer/dancer. email me at AeonFlux713@aol.com for full info!

-Solari
  18. Bishop76 Jedi Knight

star 3
    Any of you kids out there still working on this? If so, how's it going?
  19. Snuggiwan76 Jedi Padawan

If so I can vouch for Bishop's voice , and traditional acting experience. He has many years of know how in the field. He knows all the right producers, and where their coaches are.
  20. JediRacer8 Jedi Master

star 2
    I highly recommend the local short film Cellulitis: The Other Red Menace.
  21. stealth9908 Jedi Knight

star 1
    Whats up everyone,

been a while again and for that im sorry. Just to update you, the matrix/RE project got put on the back burner for a even bigger project. Its taking a bit longer then expected but should be done by sometime next year. Im also coming up with another concept that should be starting right after. So all in all the project is coming along and I hope to be posting some trailers soon. Ok well we havent even shot anything yet so maybe a couple of pictures lol.
  22. bwing53 Jedi Knight

star 3
    That sounds....kinda vague.
  23. Outlander_ Jedi Knight

star 2
    Yes...we need treatments, scripts, storyboards, projected budgets...okay maybe just a brief plot outline.
  24. solo414 Jedi Master

star 4
    Do we even need a plot? Just throw some fight scenes in there and I'm good.
  25. stealth9908 Jedi Knight

star 1
    Well the bigger project was going to be a Gambit fanfilm. The biggest problem im having now is getting ahold of licenses to release the movie and use the names. I have started the other project that I wanted to do and its going pretty steady. The new project is a original with plenty of effects and should hopefully turn into a trilogy. I am writing up a good summary and will post here in a little bit.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.