main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Roch, NY Any new finds?

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Ralph_Wiggum, Jun 15, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CaptainAlex1

CaptainAlex1 Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 19, 2001
    Well I did a mini-toy run this evening and I am very happy to report that the arena playset was spoted still packed in the shipping box in the K-Mart in Irondequiot. I opened the box and proceeded to take one. The price is $44. So yhere is still one left. Usual pegwarmers, but they did have quite a few yoda's and Dooku's.
    The Super Wal-Mart on the Irondequiot/City order is just sad. The Star Wars section is so empty. There is a big blank spot for the arena playset marked for 38.99. Latest wave there is palpatine. But like I said it is empty and sad. WalMart has not been the place to be a quite a bit.
    -CaptainAlex

2. Curto

Curto Jedi Youngling

Mar 10, 2002
    Great find! I don't know where the Irondequoit K-Mart is. Would you be willing to loan it to me so I can bring it into the studio?

Here's hoping that the Arena hits other K-Mart stores soon...like tomorrow!

I stopped by the Chili K-Mart again and I picked up the last Geonosian, but there were 2 Clone w/Speeders left, and a TON of the Anakins...yuck!

I also saw that the new figures have been cherry-picked and a lotof the newer ones were gone.

Oh, and the Gates Wal-Mart has a few of the Acklay beasts....the boxes are in better condition this time.

3. Curto

Curto Jedi Youngling

Mar 10, 2002
    Great find! I don't know where the Irondequoit K-Mart is. Would you be willing to loan it to me so I can bring it into the studio?

Here's hoping that the Arena hits other K-Mart stores soon...like tomorrow!

I stopped by the Chili K-Mart again and I picked up the last Geonosian, but there were 2 Clone w/Speeders left, and a TON of the Anakins...yuck!

I also saw that the new figures have been cherry-picked and a lotof the newer ones were gone.

Oh, and the Gates Wal-Mart has a few of the Acklay beasts....the boxes are in better condition this time.

4. Curto

Curto Jedi Youngling

Mar 10, 2002
    Tonight's Toy Run was a Greece run....

TRU had a TON of stuff, but the only thing that was "new" from earlier in the week were the Anakin, Padmé, and Vader Unleashed statues. Otherwise, pretty much the same as the Henrietta TRU.

Kay-Bee had nothing new, although this is the only place I've seen all week that had the Playskool sets.

Target...no new figs...but quite a few Gunships

K-Mart....only a few new figs...Anakin, Maul, Padmé pilot...and a lone Clonetrooper (red) which I have not seen in months, except for the 2-packs.

Wal-Mart....no new figs...but lots of Gunships. They also have the preview R3-T7 and Zam Wesell and POTJ Bespin Han.

Brockport Wal-Mart had pretty much the same, with a few Gunships....but that was it.

Aames...well, they should be closed by tomorrow...so there was (literally) nothing there at all. Anyone know if they clearanced out the toys?

5. CaptainAlex1

Dec 19, 2001
    I dropped into the TRU IN Henrietta. It was packed this afternon. I think this buy i get 1 free boardgame promotion really was a hit. Anyway I did manage to get a pilot Jango. They had a ton of figures there. No clone trooper pilots or clean cut Endor troopers.
    -Alex

6. CaptainAlex1

Dec 19, 2001
    For those still looking for the Arena Playset there are three of them at the K-Mart in Webster. They also have 1 Unleashed Padme, and 1 Deluxe Geo. Warrior. I got the last Clone Trooper with bike. A very nice figure.
    Alex

7. jedi_lingster

jedi_lingster Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 2, 2001
    "What of the reports of the Clone Pilots ammasing in hennrietta?"

I'm suprised that no one saw these. I went there Sat afternoon (2 ish) to the TRU in Hennrietta, and it was PACKED with about 15 clone pilots. I snagged 2.

One's standing in my old vintage TIE looking down at the other guy, who's looking up at him. Two royally pissed off TIE pilots are standing near, aggrivated that a lowly clone would think to enter his vehicle...

8. Curto

Curto Jedi Youngling

Mar 10, 2002
    I officially jealous, lingster!

I think I'll have to head ou there this afternoon!

9. Robotech

Robotech Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 25, 2002
    The Discovery Store down in Eastview had a bunch of SW & non-SW Legos for near or at 50% off.
    The Gunships were only $50 (nomally are $90).
    Slave 1 was $30.
    Tusken Encounter $5
    Jedi Starfighter $10

Had a bunch of the subs out of the Alpha Team line as well as some soccer sets.

Too bad they didn't have the Star Destroyer set out early and on clearance!

10. jedi_lingster

Oct 2, 2001
    Are you jealous of the 2 clones? or the Vintage TIE?

Oh, btw, that TIE works. Lights, sound, etc etc. The sound, cool in it's day, is VERY cheezy now.

11. Curto

Curto Jedi Youngling

Mar 10, 2002
    I was jeal;ous of the Clones...but not anymore! :)

I picked up 2 Clone Pilots and a Jango Pilot (although I don't have a Slave 1 yet...strange huh?) this morning at TRU.

There are about 8 leftover, but there is a catch! You need to dig through the bin to get them, as they are WAAAY on the bottom!! I guess I looked pretty silly crawling around on the floor trying to read the names off the cards...but they are certainly there.

They also had the Unleashed padme, Anakin, and Vader...which were nice..anyone collecting these?

I also picked up the Geonosian Arena playset at Chili K-Mart. There was one left on the shelves, but you have to look for it...it's not in the same aisle as the figures, but about 2 aisles down. Price was around 44 dollars.

I also spoke to a TRU person in Greece, and he seemed to think the silver 25th Anniversary R2-D2 will be in stores early next month. While most of the stories I've heard are that this is a free figure with a 19.99 purchase, this guy claims that he will be selling them at the normal 4.99 price. These plans may change of course, but that's what he said!

12. CaptainAlex1

Dec 19, 2001
    Just got back from Toys R Us in Henrietta. I picked up a clone pilot. There is still one at the very bottom of the bin. I think that all of the figures mut be selling at a good pace because the pegs are half full. Also they had R4-M9, Bo Shek, and Teebo in multiples there. So if you missed these hard to find figures go and get them. No signs of the clean cut Endor trooper.
    -Alex

P.S.-Before I had to dig through the bin to get the clone pilot someone left one right on the very top of the bin. I wasn't looking forward to having to go digging through that pile.

13. jedi_lingster

Oct 2, 2001
    That playset was in abundance in the Eastveiw K-mart at 10pm on 10-25. They also have a few of that flying bug guy. Nothing else to note.

I'm still looking for a clone biker dude. I never got to the Chili K... :(

14. CaptainAlex1

Dec 19, 2001
    If there are any collectors left on this board this message is for you:

This morning I found Ephant Man at the WalMart in the city. There were 2 on the pegs and I picked up one leaving the other for a collector hopefully. They also had the newest wave on the pegs even though the pegs are only 1/2 full. No beardless Endor Trooper though. They did have some Yoda and Dooku's. For collectors who want up to date Rochester area finds go to the forums on rebelscum.com. It's a lot more active then here. recently it's been updated by users many times a day. Don't know why people aren't posting here? Good luck on finding Ephant man!

-Alex

15. Curto

Curto Jedi Youngling

Mar 10, 2002
    Nice find!

I hit the Gates Wal-Mart last night on my way home, and they had several Arena Playsets and Gunships on the bottom shelves.

Strange thing is that they have swapped out the figures....they still have the same old figures since August!

16. Curto

Curto Jedi Youngling

Mar 10, 2002
    I picked up a pair of tickets for tomorrow's 2:50 IMAX showing. I got the Bantha Tracks #0 (you might have seen it on the front page! HAHA) which was pretty cool...there is an short article about the Mos Eisley diorama from Celebration II.

I was there! See that Cantina? I helped build that! HAHA

I also stopped by TRU in Henrietta and asked about the R2-D2. I found out that they have 64 figures at that store, and cannot sell them until tomorrow at the earliest.

I also just found out that Greece also has 64 figures ready to go.

I don't know if this means that's all they'll be getting, or just what they have reserved for tomorrow, or what. But that's what I was told came up on the computer.

So, you might want to get up early!

17. Robotech

Robotech Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 25, 2002
    Greece KB has one of the beardless Endor Troopers. $4.44 + tax

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.