Any news of a CW DVD collection?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV' started by Jedi Ben, Dec 24, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi Ben Chosen One

star 6
    What it says.

I don't have access to cable, nor is the net tech up to playing high level movies online, broadband is still a bomb over here.

I'm not sure it'd be done in the US due to the prevalence of many channels and reshowings, but in the UK there is more of a culture of buying stuff in nice collected editions. (I could be wrong on the US-UK differences but if the DVD releases are anything to go by the UK is way ahead, the only reason for that to me is profit difference.)

So any news yet of a collection or too early to say?

JB
  2. JediMasterGuff Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Nothing confirmed yet, don't expect anything til after March.
  3. JediTrilobite Force Ghost

star 7
    After the second season goes on the air.
  4. Jedi Ben Chosen One

star 6
    JT,

And the 2nd series is shown?

I haven't really looked for the schedules as it's academic as I can't see it!

JB
  5. JediTrilobite Force Ghost

star 7
    Nope, not until this spring.
  6. Ronto_Rider Jedi Padawan

Linking to off-board commercial websites, especially ones that provide bootlegged material, isn't allowed here.
  7. Jedi_Benji Jedi Master

star 4
    Hey Ronto_Rider, we dont really encourage piracy or promoting of websites.

*waits for Mod edit*
  8. Darth_Kevin Force Ghost

star 5
    I would have to diagree with the idea that there isn't a culture of collecting things in DVD in the United States.

It has become very prevalent for recent TV shows, probably due to the success of collections like The X-Files, The Sopranos, and Star Trek.

I've seen seasons of shows from only 1 or 2 years ago now being collected on DVD.

A lot of cartoons are also now being collected including Transformers, GI Joe, Batman, Spider-Man, Justice League, all forms of anime.
  9. Mogook Jedi Master

star 4
    We should at least see them all on the Episode III DVD if anything.
  10. JediMasterGuff Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    This is Luca$film here. They want money, not convenience, they won't add the Clone Wars cartoons to the Ep3 DVD.

There'll be a seperate DVD release with crappy special features charged at a full DVD price.
  11. Kast_Morben Force Ghost

star 4
    I'm not sure they would even release it in the UK. The 'Behind the Dome' DVD was never released here.
  12. JediMasterGuff Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I think Clone Wars is a bit more important than BTD.

If LFL want to make money (and we all know the answer to that), it will be out the same time as the American one.
  13. JediTrilobite Force Ghost

star 7
    BTD was on the Episode 2 DVD and a separate release.
  14. Everton Chosen One

star 10
    Yeah, they'll release it in the UK.

[Homer]Cause if they don't...[/Homer]

Besides, I wasn't too worried about that 'Behind The Dome' thing not being released here as I just saved the QT files onto my computer. :)

EDIT: There was only a trailer for BTD on the Episode II DVD, or at least only part of the whole.
  15. Ozzel TF.N Foreign Book Covers Staff

VIP
    star 5
    Beneath the Dome. ;)

If it was "Behind the Dome", it would be about Threepio. :p

[image=http://www.theforce.net/multimedia/archive/Images/Classic_Trilogy/Characters/C-3PO/A_New_Hope/r2c3po.jpg]
  16. JediTrilobite Force Ghost

star 7
  17. TiniTinyTony Force Ghost

star 5
    I'm guessing that it won't be until quite some time because those who pay for Hyperspace are paying to see larger versions of the chapters. And I'm sure there are people signing up just for that reason. If they don't plan on making more episodes of the Clone Wars, then I would love a DVD by the summer. More than likely it won't come out until the fall.

But I'm sure Hyperspace will die soon after Episode III is released, and if worse comes to worse, the chapters will be released next year when Episode III hits theators, when everything hopefully becomes free on starwars.com. And then new Hyperspace membership will start with a live webcam for Ep VII in Sydney.
  18. Kast_Morben Force Ghost

star 4
    Don't mock those less fortunate than yourself, like me. ;) Everyone knew what I meant!

The only Beneath the Dome thing on the AotC region 2 DVD is the trailer - was there more on the Region 1 release?

19. JediMasterGuff Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    No, but it was downloadable from TOS.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.