main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Any normal soldiers?

Discussion in 'Archive: Attack of the Clones' started by WLDB, Mar 12, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WLDB

WLDB Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 11, 2004
    I was just thinking about the clone wars. I am wondering if there are any normal people fighting for the Republic, like in the rebellion, or is it all Clones and Jedi?

2. rogue_wookiee

rogue_wookiee Jedi Youngling star 6

Apr 24, 2004
    Yes there are. You can read Jedi Trial if you want. It has non-clones fighting for the Republic.

3. black_saber

black_saber Force Ghost star 5

Apr 4, 2002
  4. ThrawnRocks

ThrawnRocks Jedi Master star 6

Apr 10, 2004
    There have to be. There aren't enough clones. In the Clone wars Microseries we also see some Mon Cal fighting on the side of the Republic, also at the battle of Jabiim there are some native fighting for the republic.

5. WLDB

WLDB Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 11, 2004
    I guess I will have to start looking at other sources. (other than the films)

6. Matt-trooper

Matt-trooper Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 19, 2005
    Before the clone army I think the republic had security fleets and security troops. I wonder if they fought alongside the clones? I know that some star systems local defences fought in the clone wars either against or for the sepratists.

7. Master_Starwalker

Master_Starwalker Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 20, 2003
    Anyone else think they should make some of the Officers come from the non-clones soldiers. Or at least some of them.

8. WLDB

WLDB Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 11, 2004
    Do any of you know what happens to clones who are injured in such a way to prevent them from fighting anymore?

9. Matt-trooper

Matt-trooper Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 19, 2005
    Yeah,I've always wondered that. Like what would happen to a clone who got his leg blown off in battle by a hailfire droid.

10. ThrawnRocks

ThrawnRocks Jedi Master star 6

Apr 10, 2004
    He'd get a teplacement, like Luke's hand. He's just have to stay away from any EPMs.

I believe most of the Officers aren't clones. Well, most of the Officers in fleet command any way.

11. plddc1

plddc1 Jedi Youngling

Mar 6, 2005
    WLDB, in the two Battle Surgeons EU books, clones injured beyond the ability to fight are generally euthanized, and their parts harvested for transplants into/onto salvageable clones. (One of the surgeons prefers doing organ transplants on clones because he knows the organs will never be rejected.) They are not allowed to just retire to the GFFA equivalent of VA hospitals or anything.

12. plo_koom

plo_koom Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 26, 2002
    Think of the Clones as the continental army and the local planetary forces as militia.

13. Smuggler-of-Mos-Espa

Smuggler-of-Mos-Espa Jedi Youngling star 6

Jan 23, 2002
    Yes. There was an non-clone military. If not, how do you think the Republic managed to gain control all of these years. Even the most peaceful of organizations are nothing without a force to protect civil ways.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.