main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Any of you guys (or gals) from Kent?

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by CloneTwins, Apr 13, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CloneTwins

CloneTwins Jedi Youngling

Apr 13, 2005
    We just joined the message boards after years of lurking.

We are based in Kent and yesterday finally booked tickets to see EpIII in the very nice Ashford cinema.

Anybody else going there to the luxury screen on the opening day? It would be cool to hear from you if you are.

BTW - did any of you guys like Shaun of the Dead...? ;)

2. zacparis

zacparis VIP star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 1, 2003
    I'm not from Kent.

btw, you're using an icon I made!

3. CloneTwins

Apr 13, 2005
    Eeek! Hope you approve of us using it, as our name and the icon is VERY appropriate!

We wouldn't fancy upsetting a talented iconographer and face the prospect of a lightsabre up the bracket... :)

4. halibut

halibut Ex-Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 27, 2000
    Used to live in Canterbury, Deal, Dover, and Ramsgate (not at the same time though :p )

5. MANDALORIAN

MANDALORIAN Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 15, 1999

Welcome to the Boards!

Tell us all about yourselves!

I believe that my Council has stolen your Council's Chief Executive!

Because you are good and we are crap.

6. Blackout

Blackout Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 7, 2000
    I used to live in Margate and still get down there once a month or so. I'll be in Canterbury for May 19th, and watching RotS at various cinemas around that end of Kent over the weekend.

I've been trying to find somewhere in that area that's doing a midnight showing, but no luck so far :(

{||||| ?||} ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

7. CloneTwins

Apr 13, 2005
    Thanks for the warm welcome, guys!

There's not much to tell about us, apart from the fact that we have been Star Wars nuts from the very beginning (we were four when SW was released) and that we drove our parents up the wall with the seemingly neverending quest to pick up the merchandise.

We also featured in our local newspaper when they discovered that we had a huge collection of SW merchandise - jeez, that MUST have been a slow newsday! LOL!

Anyhoo, last year, we appeared in a certain popular British movie and our fifteen minutes of fame is still stuck at about 14 minutes 55 seconds, as we STILL get recognised and asked about it nearly every bloody time we go out.

Is anyone based in Kent going to Cineworld in Ashford? It's a LOVELY cinema - the luxury screen has it's own bar and we intend to make full use of it! Bud, JD & EPIII - what a blissful combination!

8. halibut

halibut Ex-Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 27, 2000
    We went to the virgin multiplex thingy in Rochester to see TPM. It was the deluxe screen with massiv comfy seats, and waitress service for drinks and nachos!

9. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    I regularly attend the Bexleyheath Cineworld, its a dump, but Its closer then Greenwich Filmworks :p

10. CloneTwins

Apr 13, 2005
    Halibut, the deluxe screen at Rochester was lovely - we saw Independence Day (yeah, it was a Star Wars substitute) back when the place was new. Naturally, being the Medway area, interest in the deluxe screen died out and it was converted into a regular (and very small) cinema and the bar ceased to exist. A great pity...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.