main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Evan, IN Any one interested in costuming?

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by navarre1095, Dec 1, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. navarre1095

navarre1095 Jedi Master star 4

May 21, 2005
    They are relatively easy (skill level 3?) and not terribly expensive to build. For most people however, it would be easier just to buy some armour. I plan to eventually make a number of different props and a table will be absolutely neccessary.

2. navarre1095

May 21, 2005
    I may be able to get ahold of some endor donut kits for around 20 bucks plus shipping. I can currently get Fleet Trooper helmet kits for $50 which are definitely skill level 1 to assemble. It's the same one I wore to "Free the Comic Books! Day". For Imp officers we'll have to wait until Ravenclaw gets back from Hogwarts.

3. HoosierTrooper

HoosierTrooper Jedi Knight star 3

Aug 1, 2006
    On those donut kits, is that just the plastic or will it include anything else? 20 bucks for any sort of costume thing is a great price!

4. navarre1095

May 21, 2005
    the 20 bucks is just for the hard plastic part. The cloth helmet (which was a wwII AN-H-15 flying helmet) is not included. We may not be able to get them however, he was making a limited run for Sunrider base. You can only get so many "pulls" from a vac-table mold before it degrades too much. If we can get some kind of number together QUICKLY we might be able to get in on the last bit of the run.

5. HoosierTrooper

Aug 1, 2006
    [face_thinking] I will hold off. I am dishing out tons of money this week to order Atroo parts. Really need to focus in on that and the Imperial Officer costume.

6. G1Prowl

G1Prowl Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 10, 2005
    An Artoo!!!??? :eek: Are you going to make it radio control? Drool....

7. WedgesOtherNephew

WedgesOtherNephew Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 6, 2002
    Radio control? Don't be silly. He's going to make it telepathically controlled...or force controlled one of the two. [face_shhh] :p

8. HoosierTrooper

Aug 1, 2006
    Eventually, yes. At this point I am waiting for all the various parts runs to come around, so for a while it will be rather static with some simple wheels so I can push him around. If anyone has a good machinist, let me know. I am always looking for parts to be made. :-B

9. navarre1095

May 21, 2005
    Joann's had the McCall's Civil War Officer costume pattern for $1.99 last week. It and the simplicity pattern are both in use for Imp Officers.

Should I drop the matter on the commandoes? I've gotten little response. Any takers on a unit of RFT's? That is by far the cheapest and easiest costume to put together.

10. HoosierTrooper

Aug 1, 2006
    I have the McCalls patern around here somewhere. Now I just have to use it.

Ya'all need to get some of these Rebel Fleet Trooper helmets. One of the best and easiest rebel costumes out there... plus, I need some blaster fodder. [face_skull] [face_skull] [face_skull] [face_skull] ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.